Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:43:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHero of Many - action adventure - RELEASED
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Hero of Many - action adventure - RELEASED  (Read 3187 times)
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:48 AM »

Hi,
We’ve just finished our new game and I’d like to share a trailer with you.

The game is called Hero Of Many and it is an atmospheric action adventure that takes you on an epic journey as a tiny hero through a dangerous world. But you are not alone; you lead a swarm of water beings through fierce battles for freedom across four different worlds and twenty-six choreographed levels.

The game takes you deep into underwater caverns to explore mysterious places, tasking you with saving your friends, learning how to lead a group and learning how to survive. You discover new powers, face an array of challenges and defeat monsters in a story told with no words.

We worked hard to deliver a unique design and audiovisual interactive experience. We focused on unique swarm gameplay, crafted an immersive soundtrack, and built a whole range physical objects that are fun to interact with.

Hero Of Many is a game for iPad 2 (and higher) and up-grade Android phones and tablets. It’s coming to the Appstore and Google play on June 18th 2013.

We’re a small indie team mostly consisting of former 2KCzech developers (we worked on Mafia II for example). We did our best with this game and really hope you like it.

TRAILER:

WEB: http://heroofmany.com
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:11:39 PM by Erric » Logged

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »

It looks HAWT , I hope the gameplay is as delicious as the graphics  Wink
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »

Thanks Whiteclaws. I did my best with design of the game, hopefully it is good enough to meet your expectations Smiley

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 09:02:48 AM »

Meh , You are not getting a lot of attention and I'm sorry about that  Concerned

Maybe you could explain us the mechanic behind the game a bit ?
sunnder
Level 0

Scorch Arena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »

Meh , You are not getting a lot of attention and I'm sorry about that  Concerned

Maybe you could explain us the mechanic behind the game a bit ?

Going to have to agree here. The trailer was nice but I still have no idea what the game is about other than being a sidescroller. An explanation of the gameplay would be great!

"In any case you mustn't confuse a single failure with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »

Thank you guys for support! Gentleman

I will try to summarize, what the gameplay is about.

In Hero of Many you control the shiny round shaped hero. You navigate him through environment by simple one-finger touches.

As you can see in the trailer, he is followed by sperm-like followers which you can find during exploring the cave. The hero himself is very vulnerable and he can't inflict any damage to enemies. On the other hand the followers can fight, but they can't push heavy things which is something you can do.

There is an aura around the hero which means two things - health of the hero and influence over followers. Within aura they will follow you and the bigger it is the braver your friends are, plus it is easier for them to return back to you during battles.

Battles are based on "local outnumbering". Both friends and enemies don't sustain too much damage. If there are two or three against one, the one dies very quickly. Your main power as a hero is to keep a flock of followers in relatively small area. Which gives you an advantage against disorganised swarms of enemies (until you meet their leaders too Wink)
Followers will level up and become stronger and the hero learns new powers. For example "knockback" - a blast which kicks enemies away from you.

Besides these, there are monsters (bosses), some environmental puzzles and a lot of small things to interact in the environment.

Main goal of most levels is to overcome various obstacles and fights and find a tunnel which takes you to the next level. Some levels are linear, some are not, and in some levels you will have to perform a special task to get through.

We tried to have a game with no words and with minimal GUI. Everything is controlled by simple touches and gestures and the story is told rather through events and interactions than through dialogues.

To create a story under these limits was quite challenging, I worked on many stories for games, but never anything like that.

Hopefully I gave you more insight into Hero of Many. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:39:57 PM by Erric » Logged

sunnder
Level 0

Scorch Arena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »

Now that I know what the gameplay is like, I finally understand the trailer.  Grin

Looks fun and I love the story behind it - pretty unique and ties in with the gameplay well. The artwork is fantastic and immediately creates a specific atmosphere for the game, so kudos to your artist. I only have a really old Android so I probably won't be able to play it but good work anyway!

"In any case you mustn't confuse a single failure with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »

Ah , I see ! Battle scenes and creature collection scenes would benefit the trailer
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »

Very cool - I like silhouettes even every time there is a game with silhouettes I read complains on forums :| .
What I don't like is the font used for the game name but the style is fine.

Pics and video: color, atmosphere, music... good! I would be interested in buying it (I love Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and this reminds me it!) Wink

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 04:58:20 AM »

It is so great to read such nice words! I hope you will like gameplay and story as much as audio and visuals.

sunnder - There maight be a PC release during fall, we will see. May be you could play it then.

whiteclaws - We are planning to extend the trailer for launch day I will take your advice into account!

mrKaizen - You know what, it is kind of funny. People compare the art style with Limbo and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Some comments mention Spirits, Badland or even World of Goo!
All of these games are great, I would be really happy if our game achieves only a fraction of success of these games.

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »

mrKaizen - You know what, it is kind of funny. People compare the art style with Limbo and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Some comments mention Spirits, Badland or even World of Goo!
All of these games are great, I would be really happy if our game achieves only a fraction of success of these games.

eheh why not? If it's funny. Wink

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »

Official release date is here:

Hero of Many is coming to the Appstore and Google Play on June 18th 2013!

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »

Hi, Hero of Many is out on Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tricksterarts.heroofmany

iOS version will be delayed by couple days.

Here are few first reviews which popped out:

4.9/5   Super Game Droid
http://www.supergamedroid.com/2013/06/18/hero-of-many-review/

4/5   Droid Gamers
http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-reviews/6245-hero-of-many-review-an-abstract-beautiful-and-captivating-underwater-atmospheric-adventure-game

4.9/5   Android Tapp
http://www.androidtapp.com/hero-of-many/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:42:55 PM by Erric » Logged

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:30 AM »

I love the graphics, and the animation, but I feel your swarming code could need some work. It seems like they are only attracted to you, not at all to each other. If you make the units attracted to each other, and factor in that they pick up direction from their neighbours as well, you'll get a more dynamic, organic looking swarm behaviour. A simple way to do this is to have them gravitate to a point in front of their closest neighbours that's the neighbour's position extrapolated with the current direction.
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »

If you make the units attracted to each other, and factor in that they pick up direction from their neighbours as well, you'll get a more dynamic, organic looking swarm behaviour.

Smiley Yes we would love to! However it is not easy to process such behaviour on a mobile device with all the physics simulation and rendering.

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »

Hero of Many just have been released on Appstore:

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero-of-many/id651676726

Silverfell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 03:39:25 AM »

I love silhouettes, and underwater-y settings. Also, giant shadow dragons. I'll grab the game asap Smiley
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »

Hi guys!

Hero of Many - Soundtrack is out!

http://www.loudr.fm/release/hero-of-many/su5X3

Listen for free or pay what you want to download!

Whole soundtrack is original - composed by Matus Siroky. It is an amazing work, I really think it is worth listening!

Plus the album includes bonus tracks - compositions which didn't make it to the final game.

Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:10 AM »

Hi! It's been a while, but Hero of Many is still alive.
We submitted Hero of Many to Steam Greenlight today:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177354623

We would like to release it on PC and Mac. If you have an account and like the game, please vote!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic