Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:31:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioA Book on Game Sound
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Book on Game Sound  (Read 978 times)
Jordanoakley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:27:14 AM »

Hi guys!

I stumbled upon "Game Sound" by Karen Collins in my uni library a few weeks ago. I'm only half way through it (I'm slow okay), but so far it's really great and comprehensive. It details the history of game audio (music and sound design) from arcades/pong etc to 2006. It has musical excerpts and sound diagrams, and generally goes quite in-depth. I'm really excited to read the following chapters about creative decisions for audio and such.

Anyway, I thought it might interest/help some of you guys! I also found a link to the full PDF which is always handy (apologies for the horrible link, just copy the whole thing and it'll work).

Cheers

Jordan

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2F*2LfGNoQgJe0Gb0IR9QGI9mDnM9uBd1XWVtRG5SL9PL5RmpzX80JVw3z-ASHETs6afPxEaCeXm5OOJJvlixrtRV6GQiiiW1R%2FGameSound026203378X.pdf&ei=9T6jUYm5Mc7QiAe_ioH4BA&usg=AFQjCNHE3-lFqw0EFWHgYWhc-OySD4dRNg&bvm=bv.47008514,d.aGc

Website   //  facebook  //  Soundcloud
KeepItSimple
Level 0

Classically trained composer and trumpet player.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:45:41 AM »

Just popped in to say the link works and begins a download of the PDF automatically. Made me worry for a sec, and there were some weird numbers on the download size (downloaded more kbs than were written as size of file). At first I was afraid you were some clever spam-bot giving us bogus links to malicious downloads. Avira AV thinks your file is OK though, and the file is indeed a PDF of a book on sound for games. So for now, this seems legit...

TL;DR - Seems legit, as far as I could tell.

Thx man.

Keep it simple.
Jordanoakley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:50:07 AM »

Just popped in to say the link works and begins a download of the PDF automatically. Made me worry for a sec, and there were some weird numbers on the download size (downloaded more kbs than were written as size of file). At first I was afraid you were some clever spam-bot giving us bogus links to malicious downloads. Avira AV thinks your file is OK though, and the file is indeed a PDF of a book on sound for games. So for now, this seems legit...

TL;DR - Seems legit, as far as I could tell.

Thx man.

Haha yeah I was afraid I'd seem like a stingy spam-guy of some sort. Thanks for confirming it for me :D

Website   //  facebook  //  Soundcloud
MattZ2007
Level 0

Composer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »

Nice!  I'm looking forward to reading it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic