Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:47:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWitch Princess
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48
Print
Author Topic: Witch Princess  (Read 132694 times)
Conker534
« Reply #900 on: April 07, 2014, 07:17:44 AM »

I'm at 16% and its pretty much slowed down, so I've still got a while to go, but my presentation was terrible so its expected.

I don't mind though. I got a lot fans from buying Greenlight, so thats pretty cool.

I don't have any actual updates to post, haven't really worked on Witch Princess since I posted it on GL. I've done a lot of small things, but nothing to really show.
Conker534
« Reply #901 on: April 09, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »

and so begins passing out from exhaustion

and this
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:10:41 PM by Conker » Logged
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »

and so begins passing out from exhaustion

This game is really starting to look pretty.
Just one thing that bothers me though, and you know I am not as good of an artist as you, so take this with a grain of salt. The grid is super visible in the grass tiles, I think if you added a few more tiles and randomized them it would help immersion a lot. It might not be a super noticeable part of the game but it is the small things that build the world.

Think happy thoughts.
Conker534
« Reply #903 on: April 09, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »

no i agree, the grass itself is placeholder. i am gonna eventually get some more busy pretty grass in there eventually. I'm glad you like it though!
Conker534
« Reply #904 on: April 11, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »

actually i dont know maybe ill just leave the grass it looks decent

anyways im painting portraits instead of pixeling them

super rough sketch 000000000001
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:43:32 PM by Conker » Logged
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: April 11, 2014, 02:13:43 PM »

The grass tile looks fine but you should definitely create more diversity. Create a couple tiles that look slightly different and scatter them around and some that have tufts of weeds/flowers and some that look like worn out dead patches of grass maybe.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: April 11, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »

Flowers, weeds, roads, bushes, etc.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: April 11, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: April 14, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »

Hey if you're looking for a video capturing software, check out Open Broadcaster Software. It should be capable of capturing the game at a nice resolution and framerate.

Conker534
« Reply #909 on: April 27, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »

save files work pretty much flawlessly now. (i think)

Conker534
« Reply #910 on: May 21, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »

witch princess will be free
i dont want to sell games anymore it took the fun out of dev since i felt i had to make it worth money and i also felt obligated to work on it more than i wanted to

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »

BANNED!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »

witch princess will be free
i dont want to sell games anymore it took the fun out of dev since i felt i had to make it worth money and i also felt obligated to work on it more than i wanted to

That's cool and I totally understand how you feel. However, note that if you feel obligated to work on it, then that might be a good thing. It's easier to drop projects if you don't have motivation. You can always just start again, reasoning that the new game will be better anyway. It'll be coded better, it'll have better art and music... Lots of stuff like that.

If that motivation is money for you, then it might be a good idea to keep it around. It's up to you, of course.

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 22, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »

how bout "pay what you want"?
it's okay, just take it slow. working alone is pretty harsh.

Conker534
« Reply #914 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:45 AM »

Yeah I don't have a problem with people donating after enjoying the game or whatever, but I really don't wanna force people to spend money to play it, plus if it is free more people get to play it.

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: May 22, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »

Put it on itch.io with no minimum

So long and thanks for all the pi
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 23, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »

Put it on itch.io with no minimum

That. Donation ware probably won't get you a ton of money, but it is a good mix between having people play it and getting a little cash for your work.

Think happy thoughts.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 13, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »

Yeah I don't have a problem with people donating after enjoying the game or whatever, but I really don't wanna force people to spend money to play it, plus if it is free more people get to play it.

If it's free, I don't think more people will flock to it. They just *might* fire it up once and then discard it because there's another game waiting.

If paying for an item, you just devote a bit more attention to it to prove your money's worth.

My take on it, at least. I'd sell it, even if for a dollar.

Yeah.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: June 13, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »

If it's free, I don't think more people will flock to it. They just *might* fire it up once and then discard it because there's another game waiting.

If paying for an item, you just devote a bit more attention to it to prove your money's worth.

My take on it, at least. I'd sell it, even if for a dollar.

agree, also if a game's free most ppl will assume it's not worth any money - thus it's not a very good game
and press won't give much attention to it, except for a few segments that feature 5 freeware games every Friday and stuff like this

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:01 PM »

...If it's free, I don't think more people will flock to it. They just *might* fire it up once and then discard it because there's another game waiting.

If paying for an item, you just devote a bit more attention to it to prove your money's worth....

Ahh, the old Sunk Cost Fallacy - you just can't beat it.

TBH, even just looking at the activity on this thread a free game would get you a decent number of players! If you're going down that road maybe you could open-source it ala Spelunky.

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic