Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:54:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat game do you want to see made that hasn't been done already?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: What game do you want to see made that hasn't been done already?  (Read 4416 times)
Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »

This is a simple question that I thought to myself many weeks ago, and I finally thought it would make a fun topic for giving people that spark of inspiration that can be so hard to bring to life.

The game I would LOVE to see be made would be a horror/survival/FPS/roguelike. The game would be set in a randomly generated town, city, or farm, and the player would have to survive against a single unknown threat for as long as possible or until he/she finds its weakness.

The game would take in every single monster/alien that has been created and use a different one for each new game. The player may be fighting a sasquatch, the Mothman, or the Thing; anything you could think of. The game would have NPCs roaming about that the player could talk to to learn things. They could be killed off by the monsters or they could be recruited as well to help you fight.

Say the Thing -or a likeness of it for copyright reasons- takes over a police officer. A player could recruit said pseudo-officer to help them fight the still unknown monster, and then it could turn on the player and kill him/her when they least suspect it. Maybe they would be fighting the blob, and they would only find it when it grows to gigantor-Katamari-house-size and it would be near impossible to kill. They may have to hide in closets from Amnesia monsters or Slenderman, and they may have to get in a car and run for their life from a UFO.

The game would randomly generate the town each time, as well as optional buffs and weaknesses that could be added to the monsters if the player wanted; like the Thing only being killed by water and Slenderman by a silver bullet. The game's settings could also be tweaked by the player in a sandbox mode so they could choose each buff or weakness or the possibility of fighting multiple monsters at once.

Someone please make this game (preferably in Unity) so I can play the heck out of it for the rest of my life!:P

IndieHola
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 08:49:49 AM »

Turn-based tactics with awesome gamplay like Silent Storm, but with sensible storyline.
immersiveGamer
Level 0

Designer and Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »

The game I would LOVE to see be made would be a horror/survival/FPS/roguelike. The game would be set in a randomly generated town, city, or farm, and the player would have to survive against a single unknown threat for as long as possible or until he/she finds its weakness.

The game would take in every single monster/alien that has been created and use a different one for each new game. The player may be fighting a sasquatch, the Mothman, or the Thing; anything you could think of. The game would have NPCs roaming about that the player could talk to to learn things. They could be killed off by the monsters or they could be recruited as well to help you fight.

Love this idea! It would be fun to play. And relatively easy to make since every time you play it is the same save for the monster. Would be exciting to not know what you are against and pick up clues on how it acts and maybe find a way to kill it.

Two games I want to see. One is a RPG / Open-world game where the player can do basic scripting in the game to use special abilities or make macros. The scripting only works if the player has the abilities to do the actions. The macro part is the easiest to explain, so you are swords man in the game, and you write a macro like this
Code:
01 Find all enemies in sight;
02 For closest enemy and engage;
03   if enemy alive
04      attack once with sword;
05   if enemy low health
06      use final move;
07   if more enemies
08      engage next enemy and goto line 03;
09   else goto line 03;

This way you can create complex attack patterns that would be just hard by controls. Another way it could be used is with magic that affects the world and even make one shot scripts. Telekinesis is good example, if you have the spell and are strong enough to lift an object you can and dictate where it goes. So as a mage you could lift up a sword and position it in front of you and just ram enemies until you get bored.

The second game is where when you die that isn't where the game ends. You die and you go to the afterlife or spirit world. Why make death the limit? Then as a spirit you can interact with the real world or go on more fantastical quests in the afterlife. Of course to balance things out and the physical life not meaning less the longer you live the stronger you are in the spirit world having polished and strengthened your spirit. Maybe by using a weapon for a long time it becomes bound to you in the afterlife or maybe you found some artifact that gives you special abilities in the afterlife. Anyways, always thought that would be an awesome way to extend game-play. I always imagined is a single player RPG game, but it would work well as an MMO game too I should think.

Runefrog
Level 0

Hear me roar~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:03:51 AM »

I dream of the day where an aerial combat game has comfortable controls that I can get my head around. It's sounds so simple but no matter what aerial game I play nothing feel 'right'.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:31:36 AM »

@immersiveGamer : Final Fantasy 12 has that kind of scripting, and it's boring as shit watching the game play itself.
immersiveGamer
Level 0

Designer and Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »

@immersiveGamer : Final Fantasy 12 has that kind of scripting, and it's boring as shit watching the game play itself.

Lol, I do remember that. Was called the Gambit system right? Not quite scripting but functions, inputs, tests and all kind of drag and drop. However while you might not have liked it I know I enjoyed it. I used it as a tool for the other characters that I couldn't control and also to auto pilot my main character when I needed to take over another. I found it fun to come up with a good use and strategy. Though it was harder to create and use that system. While similar to my example I was more thinking along the lines of in game modding and using scripting code to create more complex actions or do things that the developers couldn't do or didn't have the time to do. Also making part of the game play you could solve puzzles and defeat bosses in so many different ways. Also how cool would it be to have made that special script that wowed your friends and they were so envious and didn't know how you could do that? Totally awesome in a multiplayer setting bringing your coding and creativity as your weapons.

IndieHola
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 03:17:28 AM »

On a positive note, you could level up whole party all the way up without too much grind in mines.  Wink
Belloch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »

I thought that the Gambit system was a really interesting idea, but it didn't work very well for FF 12. The system made combat feel hands off. The Last Remnant had a somewhat similar system, where you could choose different behaviors for your squad of characters, but it worked a bit better in that game because the premise of each battle was your were controlling more of a small army, rather than a few individual characters, so the sense of hands off combat was a better match.

Maybe you could do a hybrid approach. You have direct control over your character, but then script all your allies before the battle. Sort of like what Quadrilateral Cowboy does. You need to setup a script, but then you also physically run the heist.
Gua
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:57:53 AM »

I would love to see more openworld horror/mystery games.

Also something like DayZ, but in much more interesting world. For example world of STALKER would be nice. Anomalies that change their locations, radiation, storms, different creatures and hostile nature, artifacts that gives you new abilities etc.

Sector Zero (iOS, OUYA, Mac) http://sectorzerogame.com/
jaxon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »

I'm starting to design graphics for and code a post-apocalypse game. It's a pixel game, and it's pretty much Minecraft, Day Z, and Call of Duty combined. Your a soldier on a battlefield, but recently a airborne virus has spread around is taking one victim at a time, and you need to survive as long as possible with your limited resources, while finding more resources along the way.
medieval
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »

An open world Edo-era samurai adventure game without fantasy bullshittery. I imagine one could do for the samurai genre what Red Dead Redemption did for cowboy western...
glintycreative
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 05:07:21 AM »

An open world Edo-era samurai adventure game without fantasy bullshittery. I imagine one could do for the samurai genre what Red Dead Redemption did for cowboy western...
I agree, there is no such kind of games with realism.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »

A multiplayer online rogue-like that has as much depth as DCSS or other games of that genre.

Tears of Joy
pls someone

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Braid in 3D with teleportation and time travel mechanics.

chaosed0
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 05:31:33 AM »

Two games I want to see. One is a RPG / Open-world game where the player can do basic scripting in the game to use special abilities or make macros. The scripting only works if the player has the abilities to do the actions. The macro part is the easiest to explain, so you are swords man in the game, and you write a macro like this

Something like this was actually stewing in my head. A massively multiplayer game like EVE where you control armies of robots, all with user-scripted attack patterns. You go around taking territory and defending it and so on, but you don't have to be active in the battles since the behavior is scripted. The challenge would more involve the large-scale maneuvers of your troops, and scripting their behavior.

Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a complex-yet-simple-to-understand method of scripting the behavior. Not to mention it's a bit large in scope for one person.
0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 06:04:48 AM »

Braid in 3D with teleportation and time travel mechanics.
Project Temporality?

Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 12:22:54 AM »

I'd like to see (or develop, if I could have a lot time Tongue) a multiplayer strategic game like Medieval Total War, where each player can choose which aspect of the same faction manage...

As an example, player A pick faction 1 and wants to manage everything by himself (diplomatic, military, economic, etc); player B and C pick faction 2 and player B wants to manage economical aspects, while player C chooses military, and they demand all other aspects (diplomatic, exploring, ...) to the AI; player D picks faction 3 and wants to manage only military side, while all other aspects are demanded to the AI... and so on.

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »

I want to see a game that plays out like a metroidvania where you collect pieces of the world to reassemble it instead of just powerups. Sort of like Dark Cloud, but instead of being separate modes the things you collect are used to assemble bits of the game world. Bonus points if it gets a little puzzly, where you have to figure out the proper way to assemble the pieces you collect to make it work.

Soul Blazer did something similar, though you just unlocked bits of the world instead of collecting them and reassembling them yourself.

I would love to play a game like that.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »

I want to see a game that plays out like a metroidvania where you collect pieces of the world to reassemble it instead of just powerups. Sort of like Dark Cloud, but instead of being separate modes the things you collect are used to assemble bits of the game world. Bonus points if it gets a little puzzly, where you have to figure out the proper way to assemble the pieces you collect to make it work.

Soul Blazer did something similar, though you just unlocked bits of the world instead of collecting them and reassembling them yourself.

I would love to play a game like that.

What do you mean by "collect pieces of the world to reassemble it"?

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »

Would someone consider a Little Fighter 2 clone? It was a pretty slick mix of fighting mechanics (specific button presses to throw a fireball) and beat-em-up mechanics (moving right, needing to defeat all enemies to advance), had 8-player multiplayer (though I'd settle for just 4) and different moves and weapons. Even the 1st dos version rocked. The last one was Hero Fighter, which seems to be suspended, though I believe it was online playable as well. Sad

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic