Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:16:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat game do you want to see made that hasn't been done already?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What game do you want to see made that hasn't been done already?  (Read 4392 times)
mtarini
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 03:02:47 AM »

What game? My wishlist is rather long, but here is a concept.
Not the top of the list, but I was surprised it wasn't done more
(I stumbled upon one (or two?) attempts in this direction, but it didn't tap the potential IMO).

A RPG (story, powering up by collecting objects / leveling up, etc)
where confrontations with hostile NPC is settled with a bejeweled like puzzle game
(i.e. match-three-by-swapping-tiles).

Minor detail: in what I propose, confrontations with NPC aren't necessarily a two-players adaptation of a single player puzzle game, with split screen and AI. None of that. Single player puzzle against time limits (or whatever it is that "games you over") is a better route in my opinion: why cram in a role for one extra player, if it has to be filled with AI anyway? There's still plenty of room to diversify enemies.

Here's what made me think this concept has lots of untapped potential.
Did anyone try the "Treasures of Montezuma"? It's a bejeweled-like game. I played a version distributed by PopCap.
Yes, I'm aware casual gaming is easy to dismiss as generally un-interesting, but good game design can be found anywhere.
Well, I had to admit it was extremely pleasing to play, because it is so nicely polished.
But the point is that it has a really neat design, with a large set of variegated special abilities progressively granted to the player to overcame stages with variations and increasingly difficulties. In short, a rich system of power-ups and special powers to be combined, for the player, and (to a minor degree) a rich system of difficulty elements to combine in the stages to be beaten.
And I'm sure both aspectys can be pushed further in this direction, with thoughts,

All this just cries to be used in a story and a RPG settings.

I'd like to see (or develop, if I could have a lot time Tongue) a multiplayer strategic game like Medieval Total War, where each player can choose which aspect of the same faction manage...

As an example, player A pick faction 1 and wants to manage everything by himself (diplomatic, military, economic, etc); player B and C pick faction 2 and player B wants to manage economical aspects, while player C chooses military, and they demand all other aspects (diplomatic, exploring, ...) to the AI; player D picks faction 3 and wants to manage only military side, while all other aspects are demanded to the AI... and so on.

That's a very interesting concept, also adding that maybe two players could be in same faction (with different roles). I wonder if that could also apply in a massively multiplayer setup.

Warballs! · spherical fierceness · 1P · free · arena fighter · challenging
Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »

I'd like to see (or develop, if I could have a lot time Tongue) a multiplayer strategic game like Medieval Total War, where each player can choose which aspect of the same faction manage...

As an example, player A pick faction 1 and wants to manage everything by himself (diplomatic, military, economic, etc); player B and C pick faction 2 and player B wants to manage economical aspects, while player C chooses military, and they demand all other aspects (diplomatic, exploring, ...) to the AI; player D picks faction 3 and wants to manage only military side, while all other aspects are demanded to the AI... and so on.

That's a very interesting concept, also adding that maybe two players could be in same faction (with different roles). I wonder if that could also apply in a massively multiplayer setup.

Why shouldn't it be possible? In my idea the final application it's exactly a MMO, so that two players are not just in the same faction, but also in the same team/nation, just with different roles...

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 11:53:00 PM »

A metagame of being a player in a videogaming world, where you play the continuous stream of procedurally generated/designed games that are produced within it. I'm working on that. It's still gonna be awhile, though.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »

^ Oh, hey, that'd be cool, like a game where you play a kid who just bought the latest handheld game system, and you can go around to different places to play it and play at tournaments and stuff. I also thought of that, but I'd hand-make the games, so it'd be too impractical to finish. Game sounds awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic