Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:17:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAPEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: APEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)  (Read 30854 times)
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »

iOS/Android/PC

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paladium/apexicon-fantasy-puzzle-combat-puzzle-rpg

We just launched our second Kickstarter for APEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat. On the page, you can download the Alpha and try out the game for yourselves. Thanks!

Welcome to Actos Games' second game in development, Apexicon!

I'm working on a game akin to Puzzle Quest, where instead of matching orbs, you make words to deal damage and build your spells and skills with.

I'm currently creating it in Construct 2, and I've gotten quite a bit of it done - it's not quite a game yet, but you can currently:

• Enter words
  • Erase words
  • Sort of attack?

Here's a current screenshot of what I've got so far, all the graphics are TENTATIVE. Looking for graphic designers and sound guys to help, but I've been soloing it thus far.

If you're wondering about the first game I was working on, Mr. Wave, I've shelved it for the time being until I get this idea out of my head. I came up with it while moving and thought it as an awesome game to play on the go on your phone or something.

I'll be keeping this devlog on here and on my company website, as well as updating the indiedb page as I go along!

I'm planning on making the game F2P upon release, with other classes as DLC, and potentially other various things you can buy for cheap. Thanks for following along!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:42:39 PM by Ashodin » Logged

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »

Quick update, I have got letter selection working, once you select the letters, it will erase them from the board. Using the erase call will return them so you can re-select your word. Still working on making new letters appear after using them.

Quick GIF:

Coming along nicely!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »

Whew, working quick, I got letter transfer/drop in to work, it'll be more dramatic with more letters gone, but here it is:

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »

Letter replacement is working for the first two rows, it is an awesome feeling getting this to work!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »

DevLog Updates;

Today should be the end of the bug where you can type infinite amounts of letters Wink

Also should be finishing up the letters being erased and which ones make what work. Should be lots of fun! I'll have a GIF of these working as soon as I finish them.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »

New workday, new GIF.

There is now a 12 character limit to enter words, and a subsequent mention of your erroneous ways!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »

Some more updates: Currently working on making the columns still work - I have to write events out for every circumstance of what the player will do, and what letters will be left on the board - luckily, once this is done for the first column, I can copy and paste it across the other columns for quick work! Just this part is the part that takes a long time coding -just right-.

Have a gif of the third column working, though!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »

Some non-gameplay news, but I have secured a composer for the game, and I think his work will perfectly match the style and feel for the game provided. It's possible soon I will be able to post a demo and/or video for you guys to play and comment on. Score!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

More non-gameplay news - I have an artist interested in the game, and should be updating with some sweet art as soon as available!

Secondly, I'm taking a bit to flesh out the world and characters, and the overall feel to the world. I want players to feel like they're entering a unique dimension that all pertains to words and spelling.

On the coding side, I had to create a list of all the event types I have to work on to be able to make sure that everything is complete. Once that's done, I'll be able to copy and paste that across the other columns for quick work!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:52:16 PM »

Another day, another GIF. Almost done with the columns and letter replacement. Such a huge task is almost out of the way!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:19 PM »

Another workday, another screenshot. This time, showing off I finally FINALLY finished the columns (transplanted to another column) and the inactive board intermittent darkening. Will be replaced with a neat train station flipping effect while they reload.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »

Today will be the rest of finishing up the columns, then it's on to hooking up the dictionary!

A friend of mine loaned me a link to a good free dictionary database, so things should be easy peasy. At least I hope so  Cheesy

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »

I've also started streaming my coding for the game in Construct 2, check it out at:

http://www.twitch.tv/ashodin !

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »

Terrific Tuesday GIF!

I got all the columns to finally work, check it out!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »

Here's some WIP Battle music for the game on the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/ashodin/apexicon-battle-theme-wip

Let me know what you think!

Also, the stream is now live again!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:19 PM »

Here's another GIF, I've been messing with the temp graphics while working on finding an artist (which may have just happened!)

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »

that looks epic man

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:16 PM »

that looks epic man

Thanks man! With an artist supposedly coming on board, I'll be able to crank out more visuals matched up to the gameplay.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »

Today should be the big day - adding the dictionary functionality and setting up damage values. Lots of fun to ensue!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »

Working on a logo... It's the little things that help in between coding sessions.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic