Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:44:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAPEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: APEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)  (Read 30945 times)
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 12:31:02 PM »

Another GIF, this time showing off moving the big block darkening to individual blocks - makes it look more appealing when damage will be dealt, etc.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »

Working on the title screen...

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

Today should be the first workings of the dictionary. I'm so excited to get it up and running - making it work and score words will be top priority.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »

Made the title screens better:

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »

Working on the dictionary part is a little tough. I have to get things together in Construct 2 to make it search for a word, then compare that word to make sure it works. It's a little bit tough as either I have to add ALL the words to the dictionary file, or find something else to work.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »

While working on the dictionary problem, I got some more music for you guys today!

https://soundcloud.com/ashodin/apexicon-map-story-wip-music

Check it out, let me know what you think!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

So I think I may have solved the issue with the dictionary, however, it's going to take some time to set it up to work with Construct 2. Hopefully once it's done, however, I can do a sample testing and make things work.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 02:50:58 PM »

Today is the first multiwork I've done in a while, and it's a little refreshing. I'm setting up the dictionary to work with the game, and that will take a while as adding words is pretty much what needs to be done so the game can interpret them into a dictionary that the game will check to make sure is there.

After which, the game will take the word, count the letters, count the vowels, and deal damage to an enemy. This is the part I'm working on mostly today.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »

The Fantastical Twenty-Six

Hidden around the world, twenty-six architects, masters of magic, warriors, and various other individuals live, honing their specific craft based on their individual letter. Passed down through the ages, these masters of their craft used to live in the glorious city of Elysia.

During the game, your character may become in possession of an ancient land that you can build up services from these various Twenty-Six. If you can find them, battle them, and engage them in treatises, you can employ them in your own space, further aiding your efforts in finding the Apexicon!

• Find hidden fights and meetings of twenty-six unique individuals
  • Win challenges from them to have them join your unique town!
  • Find as many as you can - Hardworking adventurers will be able to snag all the letters of the alphabet!

I was thinking this would be an awesome side-quest in the main story of the game, and allow a player a "place" to get items, craft, and other various things. What do you guys think?

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »

Another GIF, this time showing off moving the big block darkening to individual blocks - makes it look more appealing when damage will be dealt, etc.

ooh nice! that parchment texture is a huge improvement. as a word nerd myself, this seems like it'll be a lot of fun. there is some sort of RPG-esque story/narrative element too im guessing?

Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »

ooh nice! that parchment texture is a huge improvement. as a word nerd myself, this seems like it'll be a lot of fun. there is some sort of RPG-esque story/narrative element too im guessing?

Oh yes definitely! There is a whole world being built around the game, and a rich story to be told behind it as well as the awesome gameplay itself.

The whole world is based around the word magic, and it will show through everything you do in the game! Smiley

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

New GIF! I got damage working!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »

More dictionary writing today, adding tons more words for you to be able to deal damage and smite your enemies!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »

DICTIONARY PROGRAMMING IN PROCESS. WORKING... ACCESSING

A GIF appears! Also seeecret pause menu.

WOOHOO

I'm so thrilled things are coming together.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »

This week should more dictionary word entry, and of course, now I can start working on the leveling and the enemy hook ups! You'll actually have to fight!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »

Over 300 more words were added to the dictionary today, and more still to come. I may have to open the game to an alpha so you can post the words that didn't work for you when you tried it out. What do you guys think?

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Some more work on the music has been going down today by my composer, and I'll be able to give you guys a look see very soon!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »

Yes! I finally figured out how to hook up the dictionary without typing crazy amounts of words in, and it FEELS GOOD MAN.

Now I can get to the nitty gritty of putting in the skills, the RPG stats, inventory, all of it! LOTS OF FUN EVENTING AWAITS!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
failrate
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »

Instead of hand-entering your own dictionary, I would recommend an existing one: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/28045/word-list-for-use-in-commercial-game
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »

Actually I made it just so I didn't have to do that, and now I'm extremely happy I did!

Just trying to get more graphics rolled out for the game, while the music is being put into it.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic