Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:02:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCombat Cats -*FUNDED!*- Puzzle Action Shooter RPG
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Combat Cats -*FUNDED!*- Puzzle Action Shooter RPG  (Read 4788 times)
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »

The catnip has been stolen, can you bring peace and harmony back to Kitty Island? --- RPG puzzle adventure for all ages!

Hey guys, the gang at New Horizon Games have been hard at work the past few months working on a new IP. With the near success of our last project, Empire Eden, we decided to slow production down on that to focus on something with a broader appeal, something that would be developed more efficiently and would take gameplay everyone knows and flip it on it's side! We Present to you: Combat Cats!

Combat Cats is similar to Bejeweled style games where you have to connect bricks to break them. You do this by swapping out your current brick with any brick on the board.The special twist with Combat Cats is that you are also fighting enemies the entire time! -- When you match a combination of missile bricks, you will shoot missiles at the enemy. If you match poison bricks, you will poison the enemy. -- All the while, you are taking damage too! So you must repair your ship by connecting repair bricks.Connecting more bricks creates nuclear bricks. A nuclear brick will blow up in a special pattern, clearing larger areas of the board. The more bricks you match at once, the larger the nuke will be. -- To use a nuke, all you have to do is tap it, and it detonates!As you adventure, you will fight bosses to obtain catnip pieces. You can then use them for special upgrades.

There will be several playable pilots in the game, which you can choose by visiting the hangar and unlocking ships, or even downloading DLC. We'd like to show off just a few of our pilots. We'd like to present: Cranky Pants, Fruit Head, And General Fluffy!

There is an upgrade shop where you can go to spend coins and catnip collected throughout the game. Here you can purchase more damage for your weapons, better armor for your ship, or a multitude of new vehicles!Why Help Us?: We are almost done with Combat Cats...We have a tiny bit more art and programming to finish. At this point we are just asking to help fund the licensing fees, and cost for music to bring this wonderful game to you guys. We want to port it to as many devices as possible, so everyone has a chance to play.

Visit our Kickstarter page by clicking Cranky Pants and help support our efforts, make a pledge and get rewards, such as copies of the games for multiple platforms, your name in the credits, and even your cat as a pilot in the game!!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:21:46 PM by Indecom » Logged
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »

Kickstarter Goal has been reached!

Thank you to everyone that has supported us, but we're still not finished! Share that link with your friends and let's see if we can get enough support to add more to the soundtrack, and multiplayer!!
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:13:30 AM »

We've upgraded out licenses! Android, html, windows7/8, ios, linux, and more platforms are now capable of running Combat Cats!

Kindle Fire: Pew pew pew!!

Added new explosion effect for one of our super gems:

We've also hired on the ever so talented Conley Smith for some lovely paintings that will accompany the desktop versions of the game, you can find her artwork by clicking HERE.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:02:28 PM by Indecom » Logged
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »

YO SON MAKE SUM GIFS FOR THAT EYES

also, match three is fun as fun

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »

Lol that's not a bad idea. Probably animate those rather easily.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

Here's another few screenshots to titillate!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:36:05 PM by Indecom » Logged
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »

More progress, second level Super gem:

Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »

I see you've taken some inspiration from 10000000, no?
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

I see you've taken some inspiration from 10000000, no?

Actually development on this game began before I even heard of the game 10000000. I did however check that out after someone mentioned it to me before, but i've still not played it yet.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »

Moar Stuff:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:16:14 PM by Indecom » Logged
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »

Hey guys, playing with some lighting effects today, what do you think?

matriax
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »

Jajaja great! the map with a cat face is awesome! and congratulations for the kickstarter succes Wink
travisofarabia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:58:24 PM »

This is awesome! Congrats on the funding!
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, here's a sample of what's been going on the past couple of days:

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

Hey guys, here's a cool thingamajig!

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »

I love this.

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »

Thanks a bunch Belimoth! We've been hard at work this week, and will have some cool stuff to show off in the coming days!
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »

Hey guys, here's a look at some stuff we call progress!

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »

Been making tons of progress on this the past week. Here's a little taste of what desktop users will get from the experience:

DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 07:11:08 AM »

Really cool looking game; I'm very interested. I would warn about using that not-nyan cat though, the copyright owner goes after gamers (see Scribblenauts)!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic