Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:17:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTetrapulse - 2-4 player CO-OP, now on Kickstarter!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Tetrapulse - 2-4 player CO-OP, now on Kickstarter!  (Read 4667 times)
psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »

Hey Everyone!

UPDATE: We're on Kickstarter! (2 Days Remaining)
Check it out here: Tetrapulse Kickstarter

Tetrapulse is a four player single screen co-op game where you and your friends join forces to battle a swarm of alien robo-bugs using the only weapon you have left: your own life-force. Every shot of your laser drains your health as you work together to protect the Heartstone, an ancient battery that powers you and your friends.

Goals and Features
  • 4 player co-op
  • Networked multiplayer games
  • Support for PC, Mac, and Linux
  • Procedural level creation for infinite replayability
  • Competitive leaderboards
  • Coming to Steam

Our hope is that we can continue to polish this game to its fullest potential. We want to create an experience where friends can hang out together on the same couch, all while yelling and screaming at one another.

Please feel free to post any feedback about the game. Whether you think its something you could see yourself playing or if you think the game is complete trash, we would love to hear it. But more importantly we would love it if you told us why you like it or hate it, so we can continue to improve what needs to be fixed and make it the best game we can.

Check us out in these places as well!
Tetrapulse: www.tetrapulse.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Tetrapulse
Twitter: twitter.com/amiablegames

Thanks! Gentleman
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:07:17 PM by psheff » Logged

Conker534
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »

This looks MAJOR fun.

I'll be following this thread.
psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »

Thanks Conker!  Smiley

Here is a close up of a few of the floor tiles I've been working on. Trying to add some hand painted details to the environment

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

Check out the pulse our tech-artist made!  The pulse radiates out from the Heartstone object (the large glowing stone with spinning sockets) and spreads across the map. The Heartstone is the driving object of the main mechanic, as it replenishes players health when they attach to it. Conversely, players drain health whenever they shoot, making the Heartstone an essential object to survival. Players move collectively while attached, but cannot shoot while replenishing health.

Now back to the pulse. Our tech-artist created a shader that takes the alpha channel of a texture and converts it to an incandescent glow. The shader activates this glow in world-space based on an ever increasing radius from the Heartstone.

We hope to eventually use this pulse as a way of directing players throughout the map. Possibly to indicate respawn areas or power-ups throughout the game

Hope ya like it!

Conker534
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 01:37:08 PM »

I freaking love it!
psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »

Just made a new banner for the game!

Also, not sure if anyone here is from the Chicago area, but I along with a couple other people from my team will be at Chicago's Techweek showcasing our game! Come by and check it out if you're in the area  Grin

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

Just got 4 player Brass Monkey controller support working!

Now you can play with either Xbox 360 controllers or your own phone

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »

It's been quite the week so far! Our team got invited to show our game at Chicago's Techweek and we just submitted our current build of Tetrapulse to IndieCade

Hopefully we'll be able to upload a test build for people to try out soon

Here are a couple screenshots from the most recent version

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »

I love this game.
It looks great!
You can tell that there was a lot of work put into this game.
And I think the mechanics you have going on are really interesting.
I feel like you guys can go really far with this game.

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »

I love this game.
It looks great!
You can tell that there was a lot of work put into this game.
And I think the mechanics you have going on are really interesting.
I feel like you guys can go really far with this game.

Thanks Fervir! Appreciate it  Smiley
Still have a lot to do but its getting there

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

Here's some poster art I've been working on! Still have some more work to do on it (adding shadows and characters) but its getting there

Also if you guys haven't had a chance yet, feel free to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Tetrapulse) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/amiablegames)

Thanks!

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:03 AM »

Working on some possible 2D assets for the player select screen. Let me know what you think

Dayvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

Gameplay video looks good!

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »

Thanks Dayvi!

Just added a new effect for when a player activates a defense beacon

David Finseth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »

Hey guys, I am the other 3D artist on the team. I do the character modeling and animations like this:

We have been pushing development pretty hard lately and are excited to announce that we are doing a Kickstarter campaign starting this coming Monday. We decided to do a Kickstarter for the game so we can keep developing it for another 8 months without having to spend all our time on outside work.

We are planning on expanding the game to include procedurally generated levels for infinite reputability, networked and local multipayer, and tons more enemy types, characters to play as and power ups.

We will post more updates here on our progress and experience of running a Kickstarter campaign. This is a new experience for us but so far the preparations have been going really well.

Thanks for checking us out guys! I am looking forward to playing the game with you all soon  Grin
David Finseth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 02:17:11 AM »

We launched our Kickstarter Campaign today! It has a new announcement trailer, tons of new screenshots, and outlines our plans for the rest of development. Check it out here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/575525637/tetrapulse?ref=live

Thank you all for your support. We could not have gotten this far with out you all.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 03:45:58 AM »

Looks cool, should be a blast in local multi player, good luck.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 07:09:06 AM »

Thanks Games Inquirer!

Hey everyone, Andras Neltz from Kotaku wrote an article about our game, check it out  Smiley
http://kotaku.com/the-robo-bug-aliens-are-coming-time-to-get-out-the-las-1200396702

psheff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:55 AM »

Also thanks to the Games Inquirer for the article on Tetrapulse!  Grin

check it out here: http://thegamesinquirer.blogspot.com/2013/08/tetrapulse-announced.html

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »

It's just a personal gaming blog, not much traffic from that (and the various greek gaming forums I copy paste to), unlike kotaku. Also, just a news report, I wouldn't call that an article. Still, good luck again Grin

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic