Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:44:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPainters Guild [OUT NOW]
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: Painters Guild [OUT NOW]  (Read 120804 times)
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »

hey this game is cool still

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: September 10, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »

Extra JUICE!  Smiley

hey this game is cool still

you're cool still

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: September 15, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »

Combos! This changes how the rate of patrons is handled. Before, it was mostly independent from the player. Now, it's completely dependent on your combo.

In short: the more paintings you sell in a row, the more customers come to your guild.

Eventually the combo will break, because there will be more patrons than anyone can handle. This will slow down the rate of patrons back to the initial state. But do not despair! When the combo breaks, the player gets bonus gold based on his combo.

There is a minimum of 10 sales combo for you to gain bonus gold and for the UI element above to show.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: September 15, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »

Would be great to educate the players about the trends. You and I know the terms and how the icons represent them but I'd bet most don't.
Just a quick description to go along with the bonus money stat would be perfect.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: September 15, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »

Would be great to educate the players about the trends. You and I know the terms and how the icons represent them but I'd bet most don't.
Just a quick description to go along with the bonus money stat would be perfect.

I agree, but I'm not sure what you mean, because I thought I was already doing this. In the trend window it says TREND: <style name>, and the marker is under the named style.

Edit: Oooh, I see. You mean describing the characteristics of the styles, like "Chiaroscuro uses contrast between light and dark" and stuff like this? Historical events will do this, I haven't made them yet. Thanks for the feedback!

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: September 15, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »

The concept behind this game amuses me so much! I guess it's because I went to an art school. I love it! At a glace it reminds me of Game Dev Story but with old school painters. Can't wait to see more!  Wizard

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: September 18, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »

can i play

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: September 20, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »

Great painters! Just started working on this new feature:

The changing hair is always a funny bug.

The UI is getting a bit crowded, but I think I like this element. It's a single click to hire the artist. I considered changing the UI into tabs rather than windows, but it's more efficient for me this way.

The concept behind this game amuses me so much! I guess it's because I went to an art school. I love it! At a glace it reminds me of Game Dev Story but with old school painters. Can't wait to see more!  Wizard

Thank you GrahamOfLegend!

can i play

Soon. You're a valuable tester, I will summon you when the time is right.

austin1298
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2014, 11:47:59 AM »

Expanding upon what I said about the different kinds of clothes. Maybe all painters when you first start have plain, cheap clothes on and every time you reach a certain amount of money, all painters will have better looking clothes permanently, including new painters. There could be 3 or 4 stages of clothes changes. This would show how your guild is progressing financially. For example when you get to 500, your painters clothes would look a little better and nicer. Just an idea. Thanks for reading.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: September 22, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »

Expanding upon what I said about the different kinds of clothes. Maybe all painters when you first start have plain, cheap clothes on and every time you reach a certain amount of money, all painters will have better looking clothes permanently, including new painters. There could be 3 or 4 stages of clothes changes. This would show how your guild is progressing financially. For example when you get to 500, your painters clothes would look a little better and nicer. Just an idea. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for posting! Yeah, I'm still unsure about the clothes. I think fancier clothes as you get richer sounds good, but I haven't quite figured out how to make that work. I'm just putting this in the back burner for now.

I'm still working on the famous painters, and to define their looks I decided to make a simple character editor:

And then I realized I still have to rework hair color.

Note to self: Remember Savonarola!

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: September 27, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »

good clothes system

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: October 06, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »

Thanks!

So here is the guy that pays you after your combo breaks.

I wasn't sure how to word stuff.

siskavard
« Reply #652 on: October 06, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »

Glad to see this is still going strong!  Gomez
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:14 PM »

I wasn't sure how to word stuff.

If it is a combo you should pour a few superlatives into it, including customer feedback (very important to record those in a catalog of sorts).

Great to see all this progress Smiley How long until a steam release?

Btw, there's another GameStage show coming up in Linz. You remember, I did show Eastward Quest there. Do you wanna have Painters shown there?

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: October 07, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

Glad to see this is still going strong!  Gomez

Well it's going!

If it is a combo you should pour a few superlatives into it, including customer feedback (very important to record those in a catalog of sorts).

Great to see all this progress Smiley How long until a steam release?

Btw, there's another GameStage show coming up in Linz. You remember, I did show Eastward Quest there. Do you wanna have Painters shown there?

Cool! I always predict release dates all wrong so I gave up on doing that.

Yeah, I remember. That would be cool. Can it be an alpha/beta build?

cool hair bro

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: October 07, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »

Cool! I always predict release dates all wrong so I gave up on doing that.

Yeah, I remember. That would be cool. Can it be an alpha/beta build?

of course it can be an alpha.

VampireSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 08, 2014, 08:45:20 PM »

I'm super late to this one but.. what an interesting concept!

Congrats on coming up with something so unique.  This is the type of game that inspires me.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »

This took way longer than it should've, but dynamic hair colors should be working now. This way I can make the beard match the hair color. This was important to me for some reason.

SOMEONE ALWAYS BLINKS WHEN I TAKE THE SCREENSHOT, THANKS GUY IN BLUE WOW

crbonilha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: October 20, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »

Really cool, keep the good work.
Playaction
Level 0

Junkyard Robots

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »

This way I can make the beard match the hair color.

I hope you remembered the bald with beard combo  Grin

I have an itch to play this.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic