Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 08:12:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWojna Taniec, Local Multiplayer War Dance !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wojna Taniec, Local Multiplayer War Dance !  (Read 2510 times)
Robotic
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2013, 04:23:21 AM »

WOJNA TANIEC

I wanted to show you a game we made for the french Hits Play Jam that took place last weekend. It's called Wojna Taniec and it's multiplayer deathmatch with the feature of replaying with your past avatars. Save them, change their destiny, and gain their control back ! It's a lot of fun in multiplayer and I encourage you to try it with up to three friends !

We've made a tumblr (french) during the jam, and will probably develop the game furthermore ! http://wojna-taniec.tumblr.com/
Download one of these two versions to play (windows only) :

Joystick version (use any controllers, up to 4 players)
Keyboard version (ZQSD+FG / Arrows+OP, 2 players only) (Azerty, sorry)

Use your arrows to move, first button to attack (and start the game) and second button to activate the shield.

Hope the game will interest you (seriously try it with a few friends !)

All feedbacks are welcome
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »

I'm amazed to see how polished and nice is this multiplayer local game for a 48h game jam. You did a great job here. I've tried the game with a couple of friends and it has worked well!

I could provide you with a bunch of praises about your game, but since you're here to get feedbacks to improve your game I will give you some ideas or comments:

- It could be nice to see a "ending line" in the score screen (the one with the totem after each round) in order to know exactly when a team will win the match. It doesn't have to be just a stupid "line" you know, it cab be any kind of visual element that fits to your graphical universe (a sun, a symbol, a spirit, a mask, you name it!)

- A quick menu with a control panel (just a buttons/keys to play reminder) would be very good. For party or even festival/exhibition, it will add.

- I'm not sure to understand why, sometimes a player has a multiple creatures option without having a direct control on this setting. Can you explain us how it is supposed to work?

- The creature that has a close range attack (the small orange-yellow triangle) could be revisited by teeth or skull attack, like a move of its head forward and backward. This is currently the cheapest looking attack among all the bestiary and even if it won't change the game in itself it will provide your whole creature with the same graphical/animation quality.

That's a first row of questions for your guys. Thanks for sharing that nice game, you did a cool prototype! I look forward to see how it will evolve.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »

This is really quite good.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »

Is the title supposed to be in Polish? Because it isn't.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Robotic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »

Thanks a lot Blackcorn for your feedbacks ! I agree with everything you said, we'll try to improve those points, especially the cheap bird attack.

About the "multiple beast control" : if you've saved one of your older "you", he might reach a point in his life he has never lived yet. At this moment, you regain his control, and he'll follow what the player does. When playing, you must prevent your friends from dying by changing the past, thus rebuilding an army.

TeeGee : I apologize for that, somebody told us it should be "Wojenny Taniec". We don't speak Polish and had a limited time to send the name of the project since it was made during a game jam. We thought it was something simple enough to be translated with google translate. We might change the name of the game, or keep it this way as a private joke...
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »

Yeah, it should be Wojenny Taniec, Taniec Wojenny, or Taniec Wojny. Polish language has declension, so Google Translate produces pretty shoddy effects, pretty much outputting random words without any connection whatsoever.

Why go for a Polish title in the first place, though Shocked?

Tom Grochowiak
Robotic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

It was as an "hommage" to the author of the video that was the theme of the game jam : Tango by Zbigniew Rybczynski. I must say, it has served us pretty well, because even if the title is wrong, a few polish people talked about the game, maybe they wouldn't have noticed it if it had a generic english title.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »

what does it mean?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »

Tries to be "war dance". But as is, it's actually just two random nouns in their nominative case. Something along the line of: "a war a dance".

I dunno if having a few Polish people talk about the title (probably laughing at it) is worth the confusion of your actual English-languaged gamers.

Tom Grochowiak
Evilion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:30:45 AM »

Sorry to all the Polish I have hurt with the mistakes in the game's name and music titles, I hope you still enjoyed the game !
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic