Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:39:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Intergalactic Trashman
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: The Intergalactic Trashman  (Read 47706 times)
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »

New mobile platform in motion!

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »

A little video showing a preview of the stealth system  Beer!

Hope you like it!
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:42 AM »

Hi!

Last week I did this:

Yep! atmosphere deformation! We wanted to implement this to improve the planetary jumping aesthetic Smiley

The process is simple:

- I created a mesh with 361 vertices (one per each degree + 1 for the center)

- When the player touches the atmosphere, I apply a sine function to the affected vertex position and his neighbours. Every iteration the amplitude and time are modified in order to speed up the bouncing movement, and the result is that elastic  effect! Smiley

Probably I'll make a more specific tutorial of this process in my blog Smiley

Hope you like it!
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2014, 06:20:49 AM »

Last screenshot saturday image!

The mech-enemy jumping over the main character :D, we're creating the sceneries and the epic moments for the KS video Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »

A little cutscene showing the mech enemy walking. Look at the camera tremble and the main character animation when a foot hits the floor Smiley (watch it in 720p!)

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2014, 01:35:23 AM »

New environment details like falling leaves and dynamic grass Smiley
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2014, 01:41:53 AM »

The trashmen's boss animations for the conversation system!

Idle:

Talking:

Hope you like it! Any feedback will be appreciated Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2014, 10:43:26 PM »

Hi! Last time I entered here was months ago, and the game really progressed a lot!

I feel a little bit as you moved from java to unity, this was one of the few nice and indie projects made in java (AFAIK). But anyways, I'm sure that you will gain some development speed.

Overall I really like how the game is evolving.

Maybe, if I have to say something, I think that when the elements change direction (enemies and lights in alpha gameplay videao 07), they should do it in a more smooth way, not a instantaneous speed change. That would make things look quite better (in my opinion Tongue)

Kickstarting Izzy's Revenge right now!!

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2014, 02:49:40 AM »

Hi! Last time I entered here was months ago, and the game really progressed a lot!

I feel a little bit as you moved from java to unity, this was one of the few nice and indie projects made in java (AFAIK). But anyways, I'm sure that you will gain some development speed.

Overall I really like how the game is evolving.

Maybe, if I have to say something, I think that when the elements change direction (enemies and lights in alpha gameplay videao 07), they should do it in a more smooth way, not a instantaneous speed change. That would make things look quite better (in my opinion Tongue)

Thank you! The idea about velocity is good :D

I prefer the Java/LibGDX development style and "control everything" philosophy, but the main reason for changing from Java to Unity was... the map editors & portability. Develop two map editors (one for each kind of stage) and a game simultaneously is a huge task, and we're only two coders. The Unity philosophy about extending the editor fits better with our development. And of course, the possibility of export the game for consoles is a (very) good thing too Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »

Here you're a screenshot of a very very early version of a technomedieval stage Smiley

Any feedback will be appreciated!
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:58 AM »

In this video you'll see a new space puzzle: the mirror/laser puzzle. The objective is supply energy to the portal that initially it's off. Tha main character must use different levers (yes, that green little things are levers, we'll change their colour) to adjust the angle of the different mirrors and guide the laser to its destination.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »

A little piece of our kickstarter video Smiley. The main character's rage!

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »

Hi! I totally understand your approach with Unity. About technomedieval stage, its nice! I like it. Maybe I would expected some light coming from the stained glass. I really like the spikes shape.

About the Animation you created for the KS (good luck!!) I like the second part (when he moves his head), but when he furrow his brown, it looks a little weird, maybe because the animation stops suddently? cannot exactly say.

Kickstarting Izzy's Revenge right now!!

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2014, 07:09:53 AM »

Hi! I totally understand your approach with Unity. About technomedieval stage, its nice! I like it. Maybe I would expected some light coming from the stained glass. I really like the spikes shape.

About the Animation you created for the KS (good luck!!) I like the second part (when he moves his head), but when he furrow his brown, it looks a little weird, maybe because the animation stops suddently? cannot exactly say.

Hey! thank you! Smiley the technomedieval stage is still a WIP.There will be light through the windows of course!. About the character animation, I don't know what's exactly the problem that you see in it :S but you need to see it in the final video, with the other scene elements.

Here you have a new technomedieval platforming Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:56 AM »

New jungle stage platforming video Smiley

Hope you like it!
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:35 AM »

At long last, a new update!!!  Beer! This is the first version of the HUD  Ninja

The speed of the panels is not final, we've to define it. Also we should replace the current font with a "computer style" one.
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »

More new stuff! In this video we show the inseparable friend of our hero who, as him, has no name :D (Provisionally we refer to her as IA).

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:05 AM »

New stuff!!!
We've developed an "item launcher" system. In this video you'll see our hero launching grenades. But there're also mines and decoys, we'll show them soon. As usual, it's an early version, sound and graphics are not final, specially the explosion  Beer! Beer!

CrystalRift
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2014, 02:42:27 AM »

This looks great Smiley love the characters - they've very emotive and the animation is excellent. Seems like a nice mix of ideas as well - the Mario Galaxy style gameplay is always awesome. I'll keep following this Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2014, 02:09:47 AM »

This looks great Smiley love the characters - they've very emotive and the animation is excellent. Seems like a nice mix of ideas as well - the Mario Galaxy style gameplay is always awesome. I'll keep following this Smiley

Thank you Smiley, we're improving a lot of old things (the space part mainly), we expect to show more things soon!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic