Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:59:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Intergalactic Trashman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: The Intergalactic Trashman  (Read 47910 times)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 03:29:22 AM »

Strange how all the asteroids explode at the same time. It would be better if they exploded on impact with debris from the one fired.

In my opinion.

Yeah.
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 03:11:39 AM »

You're right eyeliner, the meteorites should explode according to an expansive wave, or by collision with debris. More work to do! Smiley

In addition, the "micrometeoroids" won't appear "magically" from nothing like in this moment. I want to show how the meteoroid breaks up on smaller pieces too (micrometeoroids), with an animation/particles.
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »

A WIP of our animated logo  Ninja.Sorry for the delay with the new gameplay video, I hope that tomorrow!

And a cyclic gif:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:01:04 PM by karlozalb » Logged
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »

We're glad to show you our new platform gameplay video! In this video we show you the jelly enemies in action and some new elements as lightnings and in-out platforms. There're several flaws as the death animation of the enemies or the way the character jumps, it isn't "real" enough.

We hope you like it Beer!

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »

Looking good. Are the bullets going to remain that size? I feel like they should be a bit bigger, or even laser like. They need more 'juice'/polish Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 01:25:18 AM »

Looking good. Are the bullets going to remain that size? I feel like they should be a bit bigger, or even laser like. They need more 'juice'/polish Smiley

Thank you Eric!

Yes, the bullet size will be different, and the shooting system are in "sketch" mode right now. Probably, We'll add different type of bullets for different types of weapons (laser, fire, missile...)In addition, There will be more types of enemies that uses those weapons Smiley

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 04:37:06 AM »

Thank you Eric!

Yes, the bullet size will be different, and the shooting system are in "sketch" mode right now. Probably, We'll add different type of bullets for different types of weapons (laser, fire, missile...)In addition, There will be more types of enemies that uses those weapons Smiley

Ahh okay. Ignore me then, and carry on  Grin

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »

A new shield power-up for the space ship Smiley (the power-up size is too big yet)

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »

The gameplay video looks great. I thought of the minions from Despicable Me when I saw your bad guys. Smiley
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2013, 06:45:43 PM »

This looks reaally awesome. It reminds me of Abe's Oddysee!

The animations are great - I love how the character runs with their arms out Grin.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

The gameplay video looks great. I thought of the minions from Despicable Me when I saw your bad guys. Smiley

Thank you Smiley. It's normal, they have a single eye and worker helmet Tongue. Some other people say that they looks like Mike Wazowski of Monsters Inc.

This looks reaally awesome. It reminds me of Abe's Oddysee!

The animations are great - I love how the character runs with their arms out Grin.

Thankss! Abe's Oddysee?? Beer! why? factories?
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »

I meant more in terms of the stealth / puzzle elements combined with platform gameplay Tongue.

I haven't played Abe's Oddysee in a while, but like sort of how you have to plan your movement carefully with enemies and things like that. Sorry, probably wasn't the best comparison Coffee. Anyway it's looking awesome!!

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »

I meant more in terms of the stealth / puzzle elements combined with platform gameplay Tongue.

I haven't played Abe's Oddysee in a while, but like sort of how you have to plan your movement carefully with enemies and things like that. Sorry, probably wasn't the best comparison Coffee. Anyway it's looking awesome!!

Thank you very much Smiley
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »

Hi! we want to tell you about this week progress. Currently, we are two coders (Me (Carlos) and Chema)  Smiley

- I've included lightnings, new mines and new explosions particles (damn particles). Lightnings are an enemy in common with the 2D platform stages (last 2D platform stage video shows lightnings in action), but in the outer space, they can roll and follow a path Smiley.We want to do some puzzles around this. About particles… “explosive” meteoroids needs particles, the old animated sand explosion seems too “dummy” and we decided to use particles instead. We’ll show the result soon Smiley.And now, a gif of the lightning construction in the editor:

- Chema has included doors to platform stages editor. Now, it’s able to add doors and edit their properties (destination door and the time that takes the camera to move to the destination door). In addition, he made the states and animations that let to the main character entering them. Now, he’s making some adjusts about the main character control, cause it isn’t good enough yet.

Many things to do and polish yet, but we like the result!
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 02:58:15 AM »

One of our designers is working on the weapons designs (Pistol, Shotgun and Assault rifle)

The "weapon" will transform itself into different weapons (we'll show you an animated gif of that transformations)

Which option do you prefer for the pistol design?

Any feedback/criticism will be apreciated  Beer!

P.D. We're on IndieDB as you can see in my signature Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:57:48 AM by karlozalb » Logged
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:40 AM »

Some info about the physics and level loading

Our physics engine is Box2D. The main character is made up of six fixtures:
 - Two arms that are sensors used to detect walls where the main character can be gripped.
 - Upper body, lower body and feet (upper body is turned off when the main character crouches) that are related with collides with the environment, detection of damage sources and as well as doors, lightnings and sticks.
 - Feet sensor that detects the sort of surface where is walking the main character or if it isn’t in contact with any surface in order to launch the falling animation.

All the movements of the main character are done by linear impulses but always checking that he doesn’t exceed the maximum linear velocity.

I use damping when the main character climbs stairs and grips a wall. A high damping when he climbs to avoid the falling of him and a low damping when he grips a wall to reduce the falling speed.

I talk about the main character because I think that it’s the most interesting point, but if you want information about something different, you only have to ask it.

About the data saving, all the elements of a map are serializable objects. Those objects have a Type, Subtype and a Specific Type and stores colour, rotation, the layer where they belong and a lot of parameters of each kind of object (on/off time, elements controlled by a stick…). Then, when a map is loaded, new objects are created using the parameters previously stored.

Beer!
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »

As far as pistol design goes, I think I prefer C over the others, with B in second place.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »

As far as pistol design goes, I think I prefer C over the others, with B in second place.

Everybody (friends,other forums,us) voted B or C too  Coffee

Finally, We've tested option B, because the shotgun looks better (IMO) with that body Smiley

What do you think?

P.S: Pay attention to the weapon morphing (pistol, assault rifle and shotgun).Killing machine!
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

Brilliant detail  Grin

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »

Brilliant detail  Grin

Thank you! That "morphing" got an explanation (will be explained with the main plot, so... we stay quiet for now). Probably, we'll add more weapons, but firstly we need to test the gameplay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic