Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:13:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsiZBOT - 2D Platformer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: iZBOT - 2D Platformer  (Read 13279 times)
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 04:38:36 AM »

Bit of a belated screenshot Saturday. This is the second boss in the game. He's got a charge and a fire breath attack. Still making progress. Been having a bit of a think about pricing, I'm thinking around $3.99 ish. Probably around 2 hours or so to finish the game so far, thoughts on this?

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 04:39:01 AM »

I finally got around to commissioning some new box art. I'm really happy with it, makes it feel like it's more of an actual releasable game now. I've done a bit of a write up of the process for those that haven't commissioned any art yet, the process went really smoothly.

http://ruxar.com/game-art-commisions/

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 06:39:40 PM »

Finally got my act together and put the game up on  Steam Greenlight. Results have been really good so far, averaging about 55% yes votes. 28% of the way to the top 100.

If you wan to vote (or just tell me I'm a goose or something) the links are below:

Web Link
Direct Steam Link  

new_name
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:30 AM »

Loved it. Very cool game, nice graphics, very comfortable to play, nice sound track, I like how the game feels like super meat boy... 10 out 10 its my opinion. Congrats
QuadraTron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 07:16:17 AM »

Looks like some fun gameplay.  I see it's been in the works for over a year now.  How far along are you? Is there a playable demo available (I may have missed a link in the dev log)?
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

There's this in the first post, not sure if it still works : http://ruxar.com/izbot/izbot.zip

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »

Looks like some fun gameplay.  I see it's been in the works for over a year now.  How far along are you? Is there a playable demo available (I may have missed a link in the dev log)?

Gawd, yes it has been in dev for over a year. Been chipping away at nights after works when the wife and kids have gone to bed. As alvarop said the link is on the front page, I've been updating this as i go and i'm still very much tweaking the levels and adding new ones as I go. To new_name, you made my day, thanks for the feedback.

Mixer
Level 1

I've never really known what to put here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »

Oooh.. that boss fight GIF is awesome.  Smiley I love the particles in your game, they suite the graphic style IMO. Movment looks really smooth too, good job with this.

My twitter is @5Mixer.
I'm currently making a dungeon game, check it out :D
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59139.0
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2015, 04:07:40 AM »

iZBOT got greenlit last night! Very happy...now I just have to finish the bastard...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:38:35 AM by Ruxar » Logged

Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2015, 04:26:36 AM »

Congrats on getting Greenlit!

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
danieru
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 06:45:05 AM »

Haha, congrats! I just opened steam to vote and it would not load. The greenlit must be why.

Mixer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 11:09:21 PM »

Congratulations!

My twitter is @5Mixer.
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »

Been a while since posting here, still chipping away at this game. Had some really good wins this week learning a bit more about surfaces in Gamemaker. Able to improve my pause screen as well as do some funky stuff with splatters that are maintained while you're on a particular level.

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 12:45:11 AM »

My ToDo is growing shorter, running out of excuses to release Smiley

Been working the last week or so to incorporate some of the awesome pixel art from Shawn. It was a really great experience working with him, I learnt a lot from it and got some great results.

Anyways here's the death animation for the 2nd boss, you can see how much its changed from previous posts.

Mixer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 06:16:10 PM »

Like the last gif you posted! The particles spewing out are awesome, and the 2 frame death animation makes it have that retro snap feel. Nice work! Great to hear that you todo is shrinking.

My twitter is @5Mixer.
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:26 AM »

Finally got around to registering a business, creating a bank account and all the other stuff needed for streamworks signup. I ended up going as a sole trader / proprietor to keep the process as simple as possible. I'm trying to minimize hurdles to get the game out the door.

Also adding a dialogue system to try and give a bit more depth to the characters, if taunting you when you die equals depth that is.

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »

Knocking things over for the steam release, getting someone to the capsule / steam header design. Going to have another crack at the trailer in the next couple of days.

Setting the price at $9.99. Launch discount of 10% yay or nay?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:04:41 AM by Ruxar » Logged

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »

Trailer update with some of the new stuff in there. I've pulled the trigger on Steam, getting ready for the 1st of Sept launch. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388970/

It's a bit of a weird feeling getting to this stage...feel a bit exposed to be honest, dunno what I was expecting.

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2015, 05:21:59 AM »

hey! awesome game you have made Smiley i really like it! also dig the particle splatter that spreads on the walls when the enemies die. And boss battles looks neat too!

And about feeling exposed, not to be sentimental here, but, i guess it's natural since the game is almost a part of you and you have put so much effort into it. It's your "baby", you just wanna see it grow and do well, or atleast thats what i think its about xD
I feel exposed from just posting stuff about my game here.

10 bucks sounds fair, tho i have no marketing experience so idk if it would help sales to have a launch discount. People will buy it no matter what, when it's an awesome game Smiley

Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 02:18:34 AM »

And about feeling exposed, not to be sentimental here, but, i guess it's natural since the game is almost a part of you and you have put so much effort into it. It's your "baby", you just wanna see it grow and do well, or atleast thats what i think its about xD
I feel exposed from just posting stuff about my game here.

Yeah, I think part of it is that so much of what happens after release is out of your control. Whereas when you're plugging away at the code everything is in your control. I do enjoy all the marketing stuff though leading up to a release (I think there's something wrong with me).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic