Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:54:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385960 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »

haha, glad i could help. i don't even know why i remember that game because i don't recall ever actually playing it.
Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 08, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »

Anybody remember name of the unity multiplayer game with a dark souls-like sign system? Abstract graphics, bunch of "Amazing chest ahead" signs, etc.

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: March 08, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »

Anybody remember name of the unity multiplayer game with a dark souls-like sign system? Abstract graphics, bunch of "Amazing chest ahead" signs, etc.

Demon's Souls

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »

I totally know what you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. It was on FIG, though, so I'll look there.

EDIT: Holy shit, I clicked on a random month in the FIG archive and found it. It's called Hello World, which makes it impossible to search for.
http://www.freeindiegam.es/2012/09/hello-world-timgarbos/

Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

I totally know what you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. It was on FIG, though, so I'll look there.

EDIT: Holy shit, I clicked on a random month in the FIG archive and found it. It's called Hello World, which makes it impossible to search for.
http://www.freeindiegam.es/2012/09/hello-world-timgarbos/
That's it, thanks!

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
siskavard
« Reply #1005 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

During the MMORPG boom, I played a lot of betas & alphas. One of them had you playing some reptilian type people, I think... and everyone had jetpacks & laser guns. I remember a small town in a forest and flying around on rooftops shooting at other players. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of this was. This might have been around 2003 or so? I'm pretty sure the game never made it out of beta.

Ya I know, pretty vague, but... worth a shot.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 17, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »

So this was I think an old dos or windows game. 2D topdown rpg with turnbased movement like in a roguelikes. I'm fairly certain the name was Odyssey or something similar, but google searches have failed me. I think the boxart was of a giant wizard/god holding his hands over an island in the ocean, with a menacing look. Basically, when the game begins you roll some stats, and your character wakes up washed ashore a tropical island. You start on a beach on the north-west part of the island. Nearby is hut you can enter to get starting equipment, and inside is an old man. The island is fairly big, and I think there are 2 towns; one red and one blue, and both are at war. Towns were just one tile large, and would require you to walk over them to enter. I remember the red town being hostile, and surrounded by difficult guards who could one-shot you. The game had a day/night cycle, and would become very difficult at night due to mythical monsters. I also remember a dojo in the north-east side of the island, where you could go to level up your skills.

Anyone have any ideas? I remember it pretty well.

[EDIT] Nevermind... Happened to find it just as I post this. If anyone else was wondering, the game was Odyssey The Legend of Nemesis.
EgilsJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »

Does anyone remember this game, I played it around 1998 if I'm sure.
I was really young, about 5 or so, and I remember it was a fps view, like half-life, and I remember you had a revolver as your gun. And also I think one part or even the start of the game took place in a train, and in the train there were already a lot of blood and dead bodies, and even a human head or a skull that you could move around.

I'm pretty sure I remember the cover of the CD the game had, and here I drew a rough example of what I remember :D.

A guy with long hair, looking down, and MAYBE had a knife in his hand. Also the game may have had a connection with word "killer".

I appreciate any help :DD.
siskavard
« Reply #1008 on: March 19, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »

^ was it Sin?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_(video_game)
EgilsJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 21, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »

^ was it Sin?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_(video_game)

No, but thx!
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: March 21, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »

That game with the thing and the stuff!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

Does anyone remember this game, I played it around 1998 if I'm sure.
I was really young, about 5 or so, and I remember it was a fps view, like half-life, and I remember you had a revolver as your gun. And also I think one part or even the start of the game took place in a train, and in the train there were already a lot of blood and dead bodies, and even a human head or a skull that you could move around.

I'm pretty sure I remember the cover of the CD the game had, and here I drew a rough example of what I remember :D.

A guy with long hair, looking down, and MAYBE had a knife in his hand. Also the game may have had a connection with word "killer".

I appreciate any help :DD.

Blood 2?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:15:48 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
EgilsJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »

omg yes :D. thx, this game brings memories, gonna play it now :D!
ulfdrunkaxe
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 29, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »

Well this is what i remember of the game the main character has brown hair and a robot arm and on the cover he is uppercutting someone and in the first level you are on a blimp over a field. The main point of the level is to save someone they usually can do something that helps you during the level and each level is a planet. When you die there is a grave and a bunch of small creatures around your grave and i think your robot arm has a electric beam that can pick up things.   
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 05, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »

Can't remember a game, pretty sure it's a SNES game.

You were law enforcement or something, and each level was you driving in first person view, the goal being to catch an outlaw. Catch him, probably by ramming him enough to disable him, and the next level starts with the next mugshot or wanted poster or something. There may have been shooting too.

Any ideas?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: April 05, 2013, 06:48:34 PM »

sounds like Chase HQ, or a ripoff of

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mantorok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 05, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »

Yeah, it's Super Chase HQ.
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 06, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »

That's it, thanks!
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 07, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »

Hey, okay, there is a SNES game that has been haunting me for years that I can't find any sign of. My memory of the game is pretty hazy, I believe i rented it multiple times somewhere between 1998-2005. I know this is NOT a lot to go on, which is probably why I've never been able to find it since.

What I remember about the game:

• It was isometric or top down, similar to the Soul Blazer series or Secret of Evermore.
  • I think there were multiple playable characters, and one was a scarecrow or closely resembled a scarecrow
  • I think the first level was outdoors and dark, maybe a field

siskavard
« Reply #1019 on: April 07, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »

Just taking a wild stab here, could it be 7th Saga?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic