Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:52:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385913 times)
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 06, 2014, 06:56:21 AM »

RTS game. It was an army, a little bit hi-tech and it had cutscenes made with time lapsed drawing videos (with crayons) as narrator talked.
Sounds like Original War.

one of the cutscenes.
OH MY GOD, THIS IS IT, thank you, no seriously I owe you one.

This is going to feel amazing to play this game now that I'm super intelligent.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1341 on: October 07, 2014, 05:43:02 AM »

alright this has been bugging me a fuckload lately.

old old PC game, ran on windows 3.1. old. pseudo-3D or primitive 3D racer? i think police were involved? you'd race around a center pillar...it was very 80s iirc

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:00 AM »

Oh man, my friend had that game.  Was it possibly Test Drive?

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #1343 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »

i remember playing this weird first person game on pc where you could walk through a hedgemaze and fight pokemon rip offs. i think it had mechanic of capturing them too but im not sure. i think there were other locales too because i recall an overworld map.
Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 12, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »

One of my friends is looking for a Sega Genesis Action-Adventure/RPG where... apparently it features extremely small sprites/objects, in a very big, sprawling world (that isn't Toe Jam & Earl or Fatal Labyrinth)... something where a player could roam the overworld for hours in a single direction.

Any guesses to go on?

Faery tale adventure?

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1345 on: October 13, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »

Oh man, my friend had that game.  Was it possibly Test Drive?

nah, i don't think so. unless the original test drive had a third person camera view? i'm losing my mind now because i tried looking it up and i can't find it. did i just make this game and this entire experience up? seems unlikely?

Siilk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 14, 2014, 05:09:22 AM »

old old PC game, ran on windows 3.1. old. pseudo-3D or primitive 3D racer? i think police were involved? you'd race around a center pillar...it was very 80s iirc

Stunts?

Lotus ultimate challenge?

Deathtrack?

Anyway, your description is too vague. Try remembering something else about the game. Primary camera mode(1st/3rd person), theme(pro racing, street, sci-fi), game genre(sim, arcade), some distinguishable gimmick maybe? Even the platform you played it on or the predominant colour scheme can help narrow it down.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1347 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »

Hi, I have a game I can't remember the name of. You were a person whose ship crash landed on a hostile planet, and you had to recover the pieces. The game took place from an overhead perspective. You could be a melee-only alien, some sort of psionic goo alien, or a normal, weak melee or firearm using human. The game was like an open-world survival game, where you just walked around, getting items and combining them and stuff. It had a temperature gauge as well as health and stuff, so you really had to work to stay alive. It was pretty hard, from what I remembered, though pretty fun, too. It was a free game; I downloaded it from GameHippo back when it still existed.

I think the game's name started with an N, like Nocturne or Noz or something. I'm not sure, but I think the same person who made that game also made a ship game called Wassal (anybody remember it?). This hint might throw people off though, so perhaps it should be disregarded.

Any help?

EDIT: I got it! I recalled another game by the same guy, which was called Magebane. The game I was thinking of above was Notrium. The guy who made these games made Driftmoon (his most recent game).

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1348 on: October 14, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »

Stunts?

Lotus ultimate challenge?

Deathtrack?

Anyway, your description is too vague. Try remembering something else about the game. Primary camera mode(1st/3rd person), theme(pro racing, street, sci-fi), game genre(sim, arcade), some distinguishable gimmick maybe? Even the platform you played it on or the predominant colour scheme can help narrow it down.

it was definitely PC; i want to say Windows 3.1 but i suppose it could have been DOS? primarily greys with iirc primary colors. there were police involved. third person camera.

kind of abstract-ish; like, i don't think it was actually polygonal, but it had the effect of very low poly solid color models.

i remember nothing else.

Siilk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 14, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »

it was definitely PC; i want to say Windows 3.1 but i suppose it could have been DOS? primarily greys with iirc primary colors. there were police involved. third person camera.

kind of abstract-ish; like, i don't think it was actually polygonal, but it had the effect of very low poly solid color models.

i remember nothing else.

Win 3.X had no real games, just a bunch of solitaire-style thingies. During the times before the creation of DirectX, every PC game serious enough to be considered a proper game was made for DOS(often with DOS extenders usage, e.g. DOS/4GW).

Anyway,

Vette!

Test Drive III

MegaRace

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1350 on: October 14, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

OH MY GOD IT WAS MEGARACE

fuck i'm watching people play this on youtube and it's not even nostalgic. this is proto-nostalgia. this is fucked up. this is like stuff i didn't even properly form memories of that's bubbling to the forefront and making me feel very strange

krazyjakee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 17, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »

I'm going to give this a shot with what little information I have so apologies in advance.

It was a NES game and the graphics were bad even for the NES. It had arcade sounds and involved some kind of spaceship shooting it's way through caves. When you died there was an almighty explosion where the parts of the spaceship flew in every direction and off the side of the screen with a big sound. It was very hard.

Haha that is literally all the information I have.  Toast Right if anyone can help.

UPDATE: ITS SECTION Z! My memory was mostly wrong Tongue

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:26:34 AM by krazyjakee » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1352 on: October 17, 2014, 03:53:41 AM »

i remember playing this weird first person game on pc where you could walk through a hedgemaze and fight pokemon rip offs. i think it had mechanic of capturing them too but im not sure. i think there were other locales too because i recall an overworld map.
any of the megami tensei?

yukeee
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 05, 2014, 06:22:48 PM »

I remember a game I played many, many years ago. You played up with a english wind up toy soldier fighting toy enemies in a toy world.
I really don't know if was a Windows game or an old Macintosh game, but I believe it was Windows.
Any help?
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1354 on: November 06, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »

I remember a game I played many, many years ago. You played up with a english wind up toy soldier fighting toy enemies in a toy world.
I really don't know if was a Windows game or an old Macintosh game, but I believe it was Windows.
Any help?

Maybe one title from the Army Men franchise?

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
cruz1994
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »

I remember playing a 2D free indie pc top down shooter set in the wild west, you move with wasd and aim with mouse, oh and you die with 1 bullet hit and so do the enemies (mostly?), it was around 2010, graphics was simple and generic, smooth had good music maybe i heard about it from tigsource... Sorry for my english but that's all i can remember. I'd be very thankful if i can play it one more time :D
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1356 on: November 10, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

GunFu Deadlands?

That game is awesome.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 10, 2014, 02:15:09 PM »

Any help?

not macintosh or windows, but clockwork knight maybe?
cruz1994
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 12, 2014, 04:23:20 AM »

GunFu Deadlands?

That game is awesome.
omg dude idk how to thank you enough ^^ btw do you know any other neat shooter like this ?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1359 on: November 14, 2014, 05:01:43 AM »

GunFu Deadlands?

That game is awesome.
omg dude idk how to thank you enough ^^ btw do you know any other neat shooter like this ?
Weirdly, the only thing similar I can think of is Vanquish, but that's not very similar. Incredible game, though.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic