Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:06:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382440 times)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: November 26, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »

3 more vague descriptions:
1. miniclip.com had/has this run-and-jumping game starring a wolf-like humanoid who is on some outer space mission. i looked all over the site for it again but since it has so many games and i forgot this game's name, i found nothing.
2. all i know about this one is on the pc game's box, it says it's a shooter where you are on an island with a bunch of mages and stuff trying to kill you.
3. some snes shoot em up that has multi-plane levels like seen in 2d beat em ups.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: November 26, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »

p.s., the pc shooter is at least 10 years old.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: November 30, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »

BIG mystery for another friendly:

Mysterious Volleyball Game (kudos if you can solve the mystery) (199?)
This is the very first game my memory can remember. All my first systems & games were black market copies straight from Japan. Nothing was translated so my father & I were unable to complete multiple games (especially RPGs, which lead to the first moment I wanted to learn Japanese). Not this volleyball one though. You get a team of 5(?), you TRY to hit the other team, you get power up balls, final levels in OUTER SPACE. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact system or the name of the game (again, Japanese).

I've come across another game fitting this description :

Battle Dodgeball II on SNES

Gameplay vid (see at the end for the outer space level):

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:03:53 AM by Dr. LudoS » Logged

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
JWK5
« Reply #1363 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:22 AM »

baconman, is it

(NES)?
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1364 on: December 05, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »

2 arcade games:

a 90s arcade driving fps where the boss tends to shoot you once or so at the start of the level and then speeds off.

a terminator arcade shooter. i think you got to shoot up a bus in it.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
ZeHa
Level 0

Dr. Wuro Industries

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1365 on: December 10, 2014, 05:50:41 AM »

I'm looking for an indie game, I guess it's only a few years old, I have never played it but I have seen a screenshot. It looked like a 16-bit Anime style RPG, but not with top-down view, more like a Jump and Run instead. The scene that was seen on that screenshot was set in winter, there was a hut, a guy (I'd assume it was the main character), and the colors were nicely "foggy", i.e. the saturation was not very high to make it fit that winter theme. Any ideas?

EDIT: To give an example: imagine the graphics style of Spud's Quest, with a character that looks a bit like from Gunstar Heroes, and this all with not fully saturated colors.

Paco for Android http://paco.drwuro.com
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1366 on: December 10, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »

i remember some early 90s 3d console game with a ship that went up from some planet to outer space.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1367 on: December 10, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »

i remember some early 90s 3d console game with a ship that went up from some planet to outer space.

That's like half of the games that came out in the 90s
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 12, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC freeware game I played in the early 00s: It was a local multiplayer game (may have had an SP mode with bots too) where each player controlled a differently colored paintbrush and tried to paint the largest area of a canvas. Everyone was on the same canvas so you could paint over other people's colors. It had cartoony pixel graphics and I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese game.

Anyone?
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: December 12, 2014, 06:22:49 PM »

a free tetris browser (flash?) nes game with levels that include a theme and background from games like tmnt.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 12, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC freeware game I played in the early 00s: It was a local multiplayer game (may have had an SP mode with bots too) where each player controlled a differently colored paintbrush and tried to paint the largest area of a canvas. Everyone was on the same canvas so you could paint over other people's colors. It had cartoony pixel graphics and I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese game.

Anyone?

Splatoon? Sorry.I'll see myself out.Sorry.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: December 12, 2014, 10:24:53 PM »

That's some serious nesting right there o_o
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1372 on: December 12, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

@Praying Mantis - Haha.

@C.A. - I think I remember the game you're talking about. I think I associate it with Building Panic / the Yamada No Ana Project games, but I don't know for sure if it was related or not.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 13, 2014, 03:24:40 AM »

I'm thinking of a game. It was probably late 90's, either on the Macintosh or Windows XP. It was a educational kids game revolving around robotics and electricity. There were 4 or 5 'minigames' that you could play. One was a puzzle game involving redirection of lasers using mirrors on a grid. You had to rotate each mirror until the laser hit the end point. Another game involved creating circuits. You were given tasks like "create a flashing led" and had to drag the individual components onto a grid and connect them with wires.

Each game had a cartoon character on the side with full voice acting who would comment on your progress, make jokes and tell you trivia. The art style was made up of Pre-rendered CGI assets like in Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 13, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »

I think I associate it with Building Panic / the Yamada No Ana Project games, but I don't know for sure if it was related or not.

yes me too but it's apparently not by them Sad
mishalein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 15, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »

Sooo..I can't remember that much but I will try it anyway.. Sad

An RPG game I played about early 20's adventure style?
The only word I remember is 'shadow' but I am not 100% sure about this I just have it in my mind when I think of it..

I played it on a windows computer but not sure if it was a pc game or just a emulator?

I remember playing a character who was a blue haired male (knight?) and was propably the main character.

The game was designed just like this http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/postimages/5516/FinalFantasyGarland.jpg but I didn't find the character while searching for final fantasy. I remember walking into caves where monsters appeared and traveling propably with a boat but I am not 100% sure. Also a town..it was Kind of cozy designed with lanterns outside and I was able to go into the houses and something like a tavern? Also beds in it and such..

And I also remember that when I interacted with characters or talked an text appeared and the character was always on one side of it fully seen(fully drawn version not the mini rpg chara..not sure if the character was changing expressions though..).

Well that's all I can remember but maybe someone knows which game this was?  Embarrassed
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1376 on: December 17, 2014, 12:23:44 AM »

Sooo..I can't remember that much but I will try it anyway.. Sad

An RPG game I played about early 20's adventure style?
The only word I remember is 'shadow' but I am not 100% sure about this I just have it in my mind when I think of it..

I played it on a windows computer but not sure if it was a pc game or just a emulator?

I remember playing a character who was a blue haired male (knight?) and was propably the main character.

The game was designed just like this http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/postimages/5516/FinalFantasyGarland.jpg but I didn't find the character while searching for final fantasy. I remember walking into caves where monsters appeared and traveling propably with a boat but I am not 100% sure. Also a town..it was Kind of cozy designed with lanterns outside and I was able to go into the houses and something like a tavern? Also beds in it and such..

And I also remember that when I interacted with characters or talked an text appeared and the character was always on one side of it fully seen(fully drawn version not the mini rpg chara..not sure if the character was changing expressions though..).

Well that's all I can remember but maybe someone knows which game this was?  Embarrassed

^ Septerra Core?

If not, was it 2D or 3D? Can you remember maybe the battle system (like, was it a standard turn-based system, or...?).

mishalein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 27, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »

Thanks for the reply but It wasn't the game you mentioned :<
I am not 100% sure but I think the battle system was the same as in the final fantasy games  Concerned
It was definitely 2D and when it comes to the Dialouges it was rather similar to this visual novel games style like this

valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »

Early 20s?  Maybe the Shadow Hearts games (set in the period 1910-1930), but I don't think they're in that top-down style, or have blue-haired knights.

For blue-haired knights, maybe the Fire Emblem series?  The main characters usually have blue hair, and I think some of the games use big character portraits in dialogue.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1379 on: January 19, 2015, 02:59:36 PM »

There was this online arkanoid/breakout game where you had to explore space and do missions in various sectors. The game limited you to a few plays per day (and there was in-game money to buy more plays) and there was a progression system, where you could upgrade many aspects of your ship

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic