Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:11:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385997 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 15, 2015, 05:05:53 PM »

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC freeware game I played in the early 00s: It was a local multiplayer game (may have had an SP mode with bots too) where each player controlled a differently colored paintbrush and tried to paint the largest area of a canvas. Everyone was on the same canvas so you could paint over other people's colors. It had cartoony pixel graphics and I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese game.

Anyone?

Battle Painters.

thank you a million times! i wasted like half an hour googling after i made that post but had no luck

this and super mario war were the most played games on our class computer in high school
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1401 on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »

Holy crap the music to that game is catchy.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1402 on: February 19, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »

I didn't knew about Battle Painters, but this game looks like quite fun!

I'll try it, thanks for highlighting this retro gem! Smiley

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1403 on: February 19, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC freeware game I played in the early 00s: It was a local multiplayer game (may have had an SP mode with bots too) where each player controlled a differently colored paintbrush and tried to paint the largest area of a canvas. Everyone was on the same canvas so you could paint over other people's colors. It had cartoony pixel graphics and I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese game.

Anyone?

Battle Painters.

thank you a million times! i wasted like half an hour googling after i made that post but had no luck

this and super mario war were the most played games on our class computer in high school

Wow, even though it isn't a game I've ever played, it's somehow really satisfying that someone found it. Also, yeah, it looks super fun.

EDIT:

A precursor to Splatoon?

Raiyumi
Level 1

DJ Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1404 on: February 19, 2015, 11:00:18 PM »

Woah, I completely forgot about battle painters. That brings back so much nostalgia.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 25, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »

i'm looking for another game: this one is some kind of 3d platformer for either the original DS or the 3DS. the setting was like a magical forest type of thing and the main character may or may not have been a mushroom.

EDIT: nvm found it. it's literally called mushroom men Tongue
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:27:56 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
JWK5
« Reply #1406 on: February 25, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »

EDIT: nvm found it. it's literally called mushroom men Tongue
Damn it, I was too slow, lol. I went to post but I got distracted by a side link that lead to a side link that-- and so on.
Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1407 on: February 26, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »

Edit: Derek has identified the game. It's Blocksum. Thanks, Derek!

Okay, this is a game that I was playing in 2012, so released some time before then (but I think it was somewhat recent, so let's say it came out 2009-ish to 2012).

What I can remember:

It was a big grid of squares, with a number on each square. I believe you eliminated groups of adjacent squares, based somehow on the numbers (I can't remember if the group all had to have the same number, or were consecutive, or what).

It was lo-res, pixel style. This is what makes it stand out in my memory from most of the other grid-of-numbers puzzle games. It was definitely big chunky pixels.

It ran on PC (Windows). It was indie. I can't remember if it was freeware, or a paid downloadable title.

Sorry, I know that's not much to go on, and it's a long shot that anyone will identify this game. I just remember that it was fun, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:39:23 PM by Martoon » Logged

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

Sounds kind of like Mamono Sweeper.

Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1409 on: February 27, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »

That's not it (but thank you). The numbers weren't hidden, and it was a full screen PC game (not Flash).

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: February 27, 2015, 09:30:44 PM »

Anyone?
Battle Painters.

Wasn't there a Mario Party minigame that was like this? Looks like a super fun game!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

That's not it (but thank you). The numbers weren't hidden, and it was a full screen PC game (not Flash).

It's not Blocksum, is it?

http://www.tigsource.com/2007/02/03/freeware-indie-game-of-the-year/

Doesn't have chunky pixels, but...
Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1412 on: March 04, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »

It's not Blocksum, is it?

http://www.tigsource.com/2007/02/03/freeware-indie-game-of-the-year/

Doesn't have chunky pixels, but...
Yes, that's it! Thank you, Derek!

I think I remembered it as chunky pixels because I was running it full screen on an HDTV, and it's a fairly lo-res game.

Looks like it's time to get hooked on this again...  Smiley

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1413 on: March 05, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »

Hi, there's a game series that uses the savegames of other games as level generation etc for its own. It had a funny name and a website with a black background, games arranged in a grid 2 thumbnails wide.

keywords: procedural generation, 2d games.. etc?

DWORD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1414 on: March 05, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »

I remember playing a 2d side-scroller/plaformer game on SNES  where you could play as boy or girl (or both in coop). I don't remember the objective precisely, but you had to throw some stuff/junk inside a portal/vortex and you could shoot creatures. I believe the player(s) were travelling through time because there where some futuristic levels and some jungle levels (it might have been just different locations of the same planet or space travel, but for some reason I believe it was time travel). It has splitscreen coop mode.

This is the only game I don't remember from my childhood. I can remember every other game that I have played on the SNES, even obscure games like Alcahest that wasn't even released in the west (and I live in Brazil, even if it was in English I wouldn't understand it anyway, but I finished it).

Thanks.
valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »

Hi, there's a game series that uses the savegames of other games as level generation etc for its own. It had a funny name and a website with a black background, games arranged in a grid 2 thumbnails wide.

keywords: procedural generation, 2d games.. etc?

Maybe http://sharecart1000.com/?
AmericanBarbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 07, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »

Hi, I'm looking for a japanese flash game from about 2009-ish era.  The basis of the game was that the player was a little guy with a sword which hacked down when you clicked.  The idea of the game was to grind through levels to upgrade the size and length of the sword to do more damage.  At the end of the game the sword would be the entire size of the screen so you could hit every enemy on screen in one swing.  The graphics were very basic with pixel art.  The name may have been "Click Sword Hero" or something around that.  It was hosted on some japanese flash game portal and there were several other games by the same designer on it, including a RPG like puzzle game where you would solve battles by positioning heroes in certain rows and columns.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 07, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »

http://jayisgames.com/games/ginormo-sword/

this one?
AmericanBarbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 07, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »

Yes, the exact one.  Thank you! I actually found it from jayisgames just a minute before you posted. I wasn't convinced I was going to be able to find it off of jayisgames.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 07, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »

This is addicting. I should not have clicked that link.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic