Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:54:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386008 times)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: March 15, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »

a 16 bit era fighting game with a volcano in the background level and a male character that changes his costume at the start of matches. i think he looked like a 20 something mage.

Very wild guess, but Eternal Champions? It has a volcano as Slash's stage, Larcen tosses away his coat when the match starts, and Xavier looks like a typical mage.

Thank you for taking the time to help me even though I gave vague clues based on cloudy childhood memories, VDZ. That screenshot looks awesome. I'll look into it in a little bit. Smiley

Edit: Yes! I'm pretty sure this is it. Seeing Xavier do the cane throw seemed very familiar. Thank you. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:10:45 PM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: March 16, 2015, 02:12:13 AM »

Pretty sure the one I'm thinking of isn't Elder Scrolls Daggerfall or Arena; not Kings Field either. I'm sure the bars were vertical.

Oh god make it stop.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: March 16, 2015, 04:10:48 AM »

@Silbereisen :I'm glad you find "City Skirmish"! So, what is the goal of the game then?

ICQ, woaw, that brings some old memories (that "toot-toot-toot" sound)!

TobyHefflin: do you remember anythings else about the game? Maybe a monster, a character or a vague idea of the plot? 

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 16, 2015, 06:20:30 AM »

@Silbereisen :I'm glad you find "City Skirmish"! So, what is the goal of the game then?

ICQ, woaw, that brings some old memories (that "toot-toot-toot" sound)!

its actually sort of neat. it's a cross between territorial control and city building and supports local MP. you can place "units" at the crossroads between buildings. if you manage to "surround" a building, you control it. sending units to crossroads controlled by an enemy you remove 1 enemy unit per unit placed. buildings you control generate resources which can be used to buy more units and build buildings in empty squares. the ultimate goal is to be the first player to build a mall.
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1444 on: March 17, 2015, 02:54:09 AM »

@Ludos Hmmmmmmmm. Had to be around the same time as Lands of Lore Guardiands of Destiny (late 90s early oughts). I think there was a blimp? MAN I'm reaching WAY back into parts of my brain I didn't know I had! If the blimp is part of the same game, it's got ropes dangling from it and you can probably ride it, like it's part of the story.

I keep thinking Myst or Riven but that's not it.

Also, is it just me or do you guys have like an obscure, old game you loved and hope will one day be asked about in this thread so you get to say with absolute confidence "THIS is what you're looking for, and it was awesome!"...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:00:01 AM by TobyHefflin » Logged

Oh god make it stop.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 17, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »

maybe wizardry 7 or 8?

or maybe one of the later might & magic games?

Also, is it just me or do you guys have like an obscure, old game you loved and hope will one day be asked about in this thread so you get to say with absolute confidence "THIS is what you're looking for, and it was awesome!"...

ive had that a few times in this thread but i dont really wish for it. its just nice to know that other people remember an obscure game you thought was awesome.
Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1446 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »

The game I can't remember the name of that I am thinking about is what I think is a puzzle game.
During gameplay, the screen is split into two areas, with the left one having the things I'll be describing and the right one having a kind of HUD/status/whatever. In the left gameplay area there's water or lava at the bottom (depending on the mode; there's Puzzle and Action) with higher-than-they're-wide rhombus things (that are actually composed of two triangles with each one having a specific element/symbol) put on a non-movable stone triangle thing in the center of the left area, poking out of the water/lava. The goal is to clear the elements by putting 3 (or maybe 4) or more rhombus things with the same element together. In Puzzle mode you can take your time thinking about your next move, but in Action mode, where lava replaces water, the bottom-most rhombuses gradually heat up and then combust into pieces, requiring you to make your moves within a time limit. I've forgotten what's in the right gameplay area though.
I have a sketch pic here to show what I mean:

Oh yeah, and the hi-score part of the game has a black background with orange particle things. And the hi-scores look like they're put in a (probably kinda invisible) table of sorts, but I can't recall that correctly.
I hope you guys know what am I talking about and can provide me with an answer.
It's been 5 days and I still cannot find it... And I've been searching everywhere I could. I did find other games I couldn't remember the names of (like Dynomite!, Bricks of Camelot, Gold Miner...), and I'm still struggling to find this one. Is it possible you guys don't know the name of the game either?
If it helps (and I've recently found out), its graphic style (and screen composition, I think) is reminiscent of Alchemy, and Triangle Trifle has the things that look just like the things from this game. Except in this game they're kinda stony and have different symbols in different colors instead of just different colors...
Oh yeah, and I think the game is from between 2000 and 2010.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 17, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »

i think i recognize those tiles and i think the game may have been on realarcade but i don't know what it is.
Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1448 on: March 20, 2015, 02:15:14 AM »

Okay, I have found the game (I've made a thread on another site and another user managed to recognize the pic and/or description, so thanks to them :3). It's Stone Cutter of the Longbow Games company.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1449 on: March 20, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »

Free game, made by Digipen I think..

Skating in a dessert world. You could go REALLY fast if you could click fast enough. You delivered newspapers and could wall jump.

Cell-shaded graphics.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1450 on: March 20, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »

ZINETH by Arcane Kids: http://zinethgame.tumblr.com

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1451 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:41 PM »

ZINETH by Arcane Kids: http://zinethgame.tumblr.com

Ty! Looks like their new game, Perfect Stride, is still in development. Hopefully.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1452 on: March 21, 2015, 03:38:38 PM »

A free browser game that's a Doom ripoff but with a super soaker/water gun.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1453 on: March 23, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »

Hah, that sounds fun.

I'm looking for a game SYSTEM where each game could read the save files of the others. 2D puzzler looking. It had a website that displayed the games in columns of giant thumbnails. It looked a little ridiculous.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1454 on: March 23, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »

Hi, there's a game series that uses the savegames of other games as level generation etc for its own. It had a funny name and a website with a black background, games arranged in a grid 2 thumbnails wide.

keywords: procedural generation, 2d games.. etc?

Maybe http://sharecart1000.com/?

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1455 on: March 26, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »

Hah, that sounds fun.

I'm looking for a game SYSTEM where each game could read the save files of the others. 2D puzzler looking. It had a website that displayed the games in columns of giant thumbnails. It looked a little ridiculous.
It was pretty fun. Now that I recently beat the Doom games I want to give it another try.

I'm also still looking for a tetris browser game that had backgrounds and music themes from classic NES games such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1456 on: March 26, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »

Hi, there's a game series that uses the savegames of other games as level generation etc for its own. It had a funny name and a website with a black background, games arranged in a grid 2 thumbnails wide.

keywords: procedural generation, 2d games.. etc?

Maybe http://sharecart1000.com/?

Yurp, thank you! This is my favorite thread on Tigsource.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:20 AM »

Hi !

I've been lately seeking for an old japanese and all i remember is that all the characters in game (or not) were blue spectral . like only silhouettes. (it seemed to be some kind of mystery game) . i kind of recal seing this on ps2 era.
If someone has any idea of what it could be. that would be really helpful.
thank you ^^
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1458 on: April 08, 2015, 04:18:43 AM »

Hi !

I've been lately seeking for an old japanese and all i remember is that all the characters in game (or not) were blue spectral . like only silhouettes. (it seemed to be some kind of mystery game) . i kind of recal seing this on ps2 era.
If someone has any idea of what it could be. that would be really helpful.
thank you ^^

Sounds to me like Chunsoft's early visual novel games, like Kamaitachi no Yoru:

They've been re-released for tons of platforms by this point. List of Chunsoft games with release info here.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 08, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »

Oh thank you so much ! Now i can sleep in peace ^^
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic