Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:38:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385992 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 11, 2015, 01:39:01 AM »

I saw screenshots of game in a foreign game magazine. It was isometric FF Tactics looking thing, but it was on a chessboard and all sprites were not colored, so they looked like chess pieces.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1461 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:53 PM »

Some Dreamcast game with extremely ugly graphics (intentionally), and by this I mean flat shaded models, textures that look like made in Paint, characters are the 3D equivalent of stickmen, etc. Oh, also the game is Japan-only if I recall correctly.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: April 14, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »

Some Dreamcast game with extremely ugly graphics (intentionally), and by this I mean flat shaded models, textures that look like made in Paint, characters are the 3D equivalent of stickmen, etc. Oh, also the game is Japan-only if I recall correctly.

Maybe Segare Ijiri?

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1463 on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »

Not even remotely close (and not the same system, either). It was a RPG (or RPG-like) game if I recall correctly.
effy
« Reply #1464 on: April 20, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »

There was a game I used to play in the late '90s, part of an old 2000 shareware games CD.  It was a 2D game where you can explore open "rooms" in any (of the 4) directions (up, down, forwards, back).  There were various monster to fight and I think you can pick up letters which signify weapons etc.  (Such as "fan shot", "guided missiles", etc.)  When you picked one up the computer announced it: "Guided Missiles!"

I also remember a big purple bug that shouted "Die!" or maybe "You Must Die!" and shot multitudes of heat seeking missiles at you.  Some screens ("rooms") had no enemies, but some other type of challenge such as crossing a bottomless pit (if you fall, the player actually is seen falling for several seconds before he finally self-destructs).  There were also platforms that moved up/down or side-to-side to assist in some areas.

I don't recall if there was any way to finish or "win" the game, just lots of exploring.  (Although maybe I just never beat it?)

Anyway if anyone remembers what it was called...?

I think it had the word "adventure" in its name but not 100% certain
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:57 PM »

I also remember a big purple bug that shouted "Die!" or maybe "You Must Die!" and shot multitudes of heat seeking missiles at you.

Just going by this bit, it sounds like

.  That "You will die!" always stuck with me.

I think I also played it off of one of those shareware game CD collections?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1466 on: April 22, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »

Man, I remember that... I think I might have gotten it on that old Encyclopedia of Games series of discs...

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 23, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »

Does anybody know the name of this Cave Story like (in aesthetic style anyway) platforming indie game where you play a girl & go around collecting flowers in a Japanese style setting? I believe it was in development by a female dev. I thought I had the demo somewhere on my computer but I can't seem to find it.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1468 on: April 24, 2015, 02:52:39 AM »

sounds like http://suzikagi.co.uk/hanami.html

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 24, 2015, 03:32:57 AM »

That's it! Thanks :D
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1470 on: April 24, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »

I wonder if it's a better Cave Story ripoff than Jables Adventure.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 25, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »

Does anyone know this one?

It's a pc game. Maybe indie, probably shareware or freeware. At least 10 years old, probably more.

I think it was inspired by Lode Runner (maybe it was in the name somehow). It was in 3d. You controlled a blond male Human I think (reminds me a bit of guybrush) from sort of a shoulder perspective. I think you could dig away blocks and it was a puzzle (-platformer?)

HELP
Janeator
Level 0

Slugcat mecha cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 02, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »

So this game I've been looking for for a while now: I think I played it 12 years ago or more (given I'm 18 that's a lot of time). 3D, first person (I think, could be 3rd person but unlikely. Maybe it switched at some points for some actions or situations).
You played as some kind of guy in a black neoprene diver suit or something like that (my memory could be completely wrong, but the character was wearing black iirc) and were in some planet/world hunting wild dinosaurs with a rifle. There was no "missions" stuff or loading screens, it was open-world-y. For what I recall, the terrain was brown-ish. Don't know if that was one level or the whole game.
I think at the beggining there was some kind of cinematic where you spoke with some kind of native tribesmen? However it was like the game was set "in the future" or something, like you come from a futuristic earth and are in this dinosaur-containing planet. Also I *think* there was another guy who looked just like you more or less, maybe a companion? Don't know where s/he went while you walked around though.
Plus, velociraptor stampedes or something like that. I think there was plenty of stampedes.
I think there were some water ponds or something as well, and maybe you could even turn invisible or something like that?

All my memories are blurry, but it'd make me really happy to know what game that was. If any of you have any idea and can also provide screenshots that'd be awesome, for I have already taken a look at most if not all lists of dinosaur games and those who have screenshots don't seem to be the one i'm looking for.

Looking at Irkalla and Rain World
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 02, 2015, 06:19:15 PM »

Sounds like it's either Outcast (for the open-world) or Turok for the dinosaurs .
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 03, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

Jurassic Park: Trespasser?
Janeator
Level 0

Slugcat mecha cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 03, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »

Hm, thanks for the replies.
Outcast seems to fit my description quite a bit, might be it but I'm not sure yet... Turok seems too new and too green.
I think it's not jurassic park, seems too simple. (for the footage i've seen).

Looking at Irkalla and Rain World
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 03, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »

Turok seems too new and too green.
are you sure you're looking at the right turok? there's one that came out in 2008 but bakkusa probably means the old n64/pc turok games such as this: https://youtu.be/uplEXV2Lbhw?t=1m15s

also trespasser is complex as hell haha. overcomplex even.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:11:53 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 04, 2015, 04:49:19 AM »

Carnivores?
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 04, 2015, 06:15:58 AM »

Dinosaurs + tribesman + scifi, that's definitely one of the Turoks.

And speaking of Tresspasser: there was this other overly complex game, also from the '90s but older, with realistic modeling of injuries, illnesses, hunger, thirst, etc., where the player was (IIRC) a survivor of a spaceship crash; it had System Shock-ish cluttered first person view. Does anyone know the name?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1479 on: May 04, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »

And speaking of Tresspasser: there was this other overly complex game, also from the '90s but older, with realistic modeling of injuries, illnesses, hunger, thirst, etc., where the player was (IIRC) a survivor of a spaceship crash; it had System Shock-ish cluttered first person view. Does anyone know the name?
http://www.gog.com/game/robinsons_requiem_collection

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic