Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:39:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385439 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 04, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »

how have i never heard of this? i need to play it someday. damn.
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 04, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »

Thanks, that's the one. Although I remembered it looking better...
Delek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM »

So I have 2 unknown games in my mind for more than one decade and a half.

1) A very strange educational game for Windows 95/98 in which a Female/Woman Cat teaches you how to solve math problems by using cards. I remember it having synthesized voices like "Zero plus zero" "Pick a card" and things like that. It is from the epoch of Microsoft Plus! for Kids but I searched a lot without success.

2) An indie game from Windows 95/98. The gameplay was like Dragon's Lair: you have to make the correct decision for a certain scene or you will lose. The visual aspect was very different from Dragon's Lair because it was not cartoonish, instead every scene was a real photo with real people acting.
Every input by the player was to decide what to do in a single frame with only 2 possible paths.
I remember the first minute of the game pretty well:
Frame:
* You are in your apartment lying in your couch watching TV. Someone knocks at the door.
  - Choice what to do: Open the door/Escape through the window.
Escaping through the windows was the correct choice, if you open the door, another photo of you shot to death by a stranger appears and the game starts again.
It was very large and you have to remember the combination of choices from start to end to win the game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:47:17 PM by Delek » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 15, 2015, 11:17:32 AM »

(-I'm looking for a game. It was before 2000. I recall it was somewhat an RTS but no pretty sure since you didn't control buildings. only a small troup of soldiers in a fantasy world.
All i remember is that the game was really hard. The blood effects and explosions were realistic.
The game was pretty dark and i'm not even sure about the context, if it was humans elves vs orcs? or something like that. It was war everywhere , dark trees. But all i remember is that the blood effects and explosions were quite realistic.

And i remember of skeletons too...)

Nevermind just found it ^^    It was either  Myth: The Fallen Lords or Myth II: Soulblighter
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:36:51 PM by bakkusa » Logged
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: May 16, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »

3 more vague descriptions:
1. miniclip.com had/has this run-and-jumping game starring a wolf-like humanoid who is on some outer space mission. i looked all over the site for it again but since it has so many games and i forgot this game's name, i found nothing.
2. all i know about this one is on the pc game's box, it says it's a shooter where you are on an island with a bunch of mages and stuff trying to kill you.
3. some snes shoot em up that has multi-plane levels like seen in 2d beat em ups.
I found the first game a few days ago! http://www.kongregate.com/games/Pseudolonewolf/raider-episode-1?acomplete=raider

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1485 on: May 30, 2015, 04:07:46 AM »

I'm looking for a game that I've seen a trailer of a few years ago (between 2011-2013). It's a FPS with a space station setting with some survivor horror elements. I remember that the trailer had a lot of chromatic aberration, and it's not from a big company. In the end of the trailer the logotype appears with an astronaut in front of space, looking back. The developers confirmed Oculus Rift support for it, too. 

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 30, 2015, 04:13:11 AM »

Thats sounds like Routine, its not out yet

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1487 on: May 30, 2015, 04:30:30 AM »

Yup, it is Routine. Thanks.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

slimehunter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1488 on: May 31, 2015, 09:47:12 AM »

Hey all, this is really bugging me, but I saw a trailer for a game recently and I can't find it anywhere now.

It looked sort of like a SNES style ARPG, a little Zelda-ey, but mostly Secret of Evermore and Soul Blazer influenced.

I don't think it was by Zeboyd, but it also sort of reminded me of his style, if he were to do a Soul Blazer type game.

ACTION-52-05DE4DA9
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 31, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3504.0 There's a dedicated thread for this kind of question.

Do you know if this was a PC game? Do you remember where you saw the trailer?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 31, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »

guardian of paradise?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 31, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »

So there was a simplified spatial rts that present itself as a network of node (planets) with different attribute, using captured planet and your starting one you can point to another nearby planet along the given edge. The gameplay is how well you control the logistic routes to fight and defend planets by transferring unit to one planet to another. Some planet produce unit, other have higher defense, the number on the planet is the number of unit it has, once it goes to zero you lose the planet to the enemy.

I try googling node based rts and got that

That's more or less the idea

JWK5
« Reply #1492 on: May 31, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »

SpaceCom?
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1493 on: May 31, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »

So there was a simplified spatial rts that present itself as a network of node (planets) with different attribute, using captured planet and your starting one you can point to another nearby planet along the given edge. The gameplay is how well you control the logistic routes to fight and defend planets by transferring unit to one planet to another. Some planet produce unit, other have higher defense, the number on the planet is the number of unit it has, once it goes to zero you lose the planet to the enemy.

I try googling node based rts and got that

That's more or less the idea

Galcon Classic?

http://www.galcon.com/classic/index.html
valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 31, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »

Hey all, this is really bugging me, but I saw a trailer for a game recently and I can't find it anywhere now.

It looked sort of like a SNES style ARPG, a little Zelda-ey, but mostly Secret of Evermore and Soul Blazer influenced.

I don't think it was by Zeboyd, but it also sort of reminded me of his style, if he were to do a Soul Blazer type game.

CrossCode?
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30862
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 01, 2015, 06:11:54 AM »

@garthy
It's not galcon at all, galcon have visible units, this game had only edge and nodes

It looks more like spacecom but with only one single screen

KevinS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40:01 PM »

Pax Galaxia?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 06, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »

OH YES!!!!!!!!
Thanks you!!

Delek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 08, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »

So I have 2 unknown games in my mind for more than one decade and a half.

1) A very strange educational game for Windows 95/98 in which a Female/Woman Cat teaches you how to solve math problems by using cards. I remember it having synthesized voices like "Zero plus zero" "Pick a card" and things like that. It is from the epoch of Microsoft Plus! for Kids but I searched a lot without success.

2) An indie game from Windows 95/98. The gameplay was like Dragon's Lair: you have to make the correct decision for a certain scene or you will lose. The visual aspect was very different from Dragon's Lair because it was not cartoonish, instead every scene was a real photo with real people acting.
Every input by the player was to decide what to do in a single frame with only 2 possible paths.
I remember the first minute of the game pretty well:
Frame:
* You are in your apartment lying in your couch watching TV. Someone knocks at the door.
  - Choice what to do: Open the door/Escape through the window.
Escaping through the windows was the correct choice, if you open the door, another photo of you shot to death by a stranger appears and the game starts again.
It was very large and you have to remember the combination of choices from start to end to win the game.
Nobody? Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 08, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »

Let me try another game, there was a amstrad cpc game with police I think in it, top down, and weird short catchy loop with an urgent rythm before or after play, don't know anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic