Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:53:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382452 times)
Ninety
Level 1

turnip boy

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 27, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »

Ah yes, that was it. Thank you very much.

SpacePotato
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:26 AM »

There is this game that still in development I think, I only saw the trailer. It's a 2d side scroller, you play as an airplane that got launched from a white carrier ship in the middle of the ocean. The airplane keep spinning like crazy and it shoots purple and blue lightning beam. The video got some kickass music too.

Sorry for broken English, tried my best.
Zugzwang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »

A social game (for PC) when is showed a comic and challenging message and the participants needs to post the best answer. It's a recent game. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is Quiplash.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:59:41 PM by Zugzwang » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1523 on: August 04, 2015, 07:11:51 AM »

There is this game that still in development I think, I only saw the trailer. It's a 2d side scroller, you play as an airplane that got launched from a white carrier ship in the middle of the ocean. The airplane keep spinning like crazy and it shoots purple and blue lightning beam. The video got some kickass music too.

Sorry for broken English, tried my best.

Luftrausers?

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 05, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »

Stephan lavelle "increpare" made a game where you must convince a crowd by using words association through a word network by jumping from node to node. The crowd have preference for some words and distate for other, by jumping into word you increase and decrease your persuassion power by increasing good relationship to target word (you link it to positive word to decrease the distaste).

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1525 on: August 06, 2015, 03:41:09 AM »

Stephan lavelle "increpare" made a game where you must convince a crowd by using words association through a word network by jumping from node to node. The crowd have preference for some words and distate for other, by jumping into word you increase and decrease your persuassion power by increasing good relationship to target word (you link it to positive word to decrease the distaste).

Sounds like Argument Champion. (I don't know offhand if increpare made something similar.)

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 06, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »

you are right it's attribution, the game don't seems to exist anymore
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/20/computing-disputing-argument-champion/

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 06, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »

Holy sheet I felt like I was playing a randomly generated game of Phoenix Wright!

Canned Turkey
« Reply #1528 on: August 06, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »

That game was the most fun I've had with a flash game for a very long time.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 15, 2015, 01:22:21 PM »

also what is this game?

Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1530 on: August 17, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »

So there's this freeware platform game I've once played but can't find now.
This game is a Christmas-themed one. The level select screen resembles an advent calendar with 25 levels scattered around the screen, and I think it has a Christmas tree taking up most of the background. Your playable character is one of Santa's elves, who has a candy cane which works like a jetpack with limited "fuel" (which resets when you touch the ground). There are also floating candy canes you can collect, which increase your "fuel tank" and therefore how much you can propel yourself upwards before you run out. I also think one or more of the levels, particularly the first ones, is made of various candy.
I forgot the objective of each level though. I think I had to collect all of a particular item? Or go through a door? Or both? I'm just making wild guesses, I really can't remember that.
And music? Well, I think one of the pieces of the soundtrack was a rehash of We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
I hope somebody will be able to tell me what is this game called.
AmericanBarbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 23, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »

also what is this game?

I think you can find it on GOG.  It's relatively recent I guess, post 2012 or so.  I think an indie studio did it.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 23, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »

What's the name Cry

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 23, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »

we shall wake  by nokoriware
http://www.weshallwake.com/
Delek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 23, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »

So I have 2 unknown games in my mind for more than one decade and a half.

1) A very strange educational game for Windows 95/98 in which a Female/Woman Cat teaches you how to solve math problems by using cards. I remember it having synthesized voices like "Zero plus zero" "Pick a card" and things like that. It is from the epoch of Microsoft Plus! for Kids but I searched a lot without success.

2) An indie game from Windows 95/98. The gameplay was like Dragon's Lair: you have to make the correct decision for a certain scene or you will lose. The visual aspect was very different from Dragon's Lair because it was not cartoonish, instead every scene was a real photo with real people acting.
Every input by the player was to decide what to do in a single frame with only 2 possible paths.
I remember the first minute of the game pretty well:
Frame:
* You are in your apartment lying in your couch watching TV. Someone knocks at the door.
  - Choice what to do: Open the door/Escape through the window.
Escaping through the windows was the correct choice, if you open the door, another photo of you shot to death by a stranger appears and the game starts again.
It was very large and you have to remember the combination of choices from start to end to win the game.
Nobody? Sad
Nobody? x2 Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 23, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »

2) would be very hard as it all fmv game ever, need more hint
1) similarly edu game with cat are dime a dozen ...

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 24, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »

quekkin marp?

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1537 on: August 29, 2015, 03:35:39 PM »

There was some kind of exploratory screen-based platformer for (I think) ZX Spectrum I saw on youtube once. The main character was a cute low-detail ghost and the music was really rad, if I recall correctly it was like european style chiptune.

Main character ghost looked kind of like this:

Would love to find the game again one day.

visitor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:35 PM »

I remember playing some browser based game from a year to a couple of years ago.  I don't know if it was a Unity based game or not.

It was a first-person voxel based game, and you could (I think) load user-created levels/different dungeons in a browser similar to Happy Wheels.  It reminded me of Minecraft, but there were no building elements to it that I could point out.  It definitely felt more like a dungeon crawler, but it was actually quite simple (might have even had a console).

I vaguely remember starting one level trapped in a cell and had to break out through a secret back tunnel or the like.  I can't remember much of that level.  And then there was some sort of floating block with tunnels or stairs to go explore, but there were a few monsters like zombies/skeletons.
The last level I could remember was being at the base of a tower at night-time.  I go in and it's a puzzle where I need to press all the buttons/switches through the corridors while enemies give chase.  That leads to the next floor up.  And this goes on for a bit with slight changes such as maybe seeing through to the next floor (iirc) and picking up a couple of health pickups.  I could be wrong, but there was a chest at the top of the tower and the end of the level there.

There weren't any guns (maybe a crossbow), but there was definitely a sword/axe/melee weapon.  The hud was pretty simple and there were no real inventories I could remember.  Besides that, it was around the time Minecraft maybe first came out/half a year after it's release (very sketchy on time), and I was just browsing games if I recall.

It's a long stretch but thank you, I do appreciate it.  I've looked around under different details and queries, but I think i'll widen it to "first person voxel browser".  Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:02:38 PM by visitor » Logged
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1539 on: September 11, 2015, 01:43:56 AM »

This game is pretty old. It had a couple of phases to it.
Most of the time it was a platformer I guess, in which you needed to place mechanical objects like see saws and stuff in order to... win?
I don't really remember too well, but after the platforming/mouse-trap building part you would collect a part of some kind of vehicle.
Once you collected a bunch of vehicle parts the game would go into another phase were you would construct a car maybe?
Anyway, once you finished your car or rocket or watever it was you had to race it against one made by a typical looking mad scientist

Yeah, so that's all I got, hopefully it's enough to figure out the name Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic