Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:02:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385489 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »

super trucker

indeed, nice music

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »

sweet holy mother of awesome!
Thanks man! :D
too bad the video doesn't show more of the intro. lets see if i can find some sids :D

Long pork is people! wzl's burrow
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »

you can find the rom around emulation websites

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »

For the longest time I couldn't remember the name of this isometric platform game with wizards that I played on the NES many years ago. Turns out it was Solstice... Anyone else play that?

Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 01, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »

For the longest time I couldn't remember the name of this isometric platform game with wizards that I played on the NES many years ago. Turns out it was Solstice... Anyone else play that?

I played the sequel, Equinox.  I think that one was SNES.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: December 01, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

The original Solstice rocked. When I was little, my father would play and I'll help him along because the map system in the game was horrific. He almost beat it, until a mishap caused him to fall into a room directly on top of a foe he could not avoid, and he lost all his lives as a result. He never finished the game.

Several years ago I dusted off the NES and resolved to beat the game without the infinite lives code, and did so.

Equinox is fun and presents a slightly different challenge with the addition of combat. Sadly, the second to last dungeon is poorly designed such that it is possible to run out of keys and become stuck with a key behind the door you need to unlock it, preventing you from completing the game.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »

Posting this one for the GF:

"It was on a 3.5” floppy disk, and I don’t remember the name, obviously, but I think it was part 2 of something.  Maybe it has the word heart in the title, I dunno.  You wake up in your bed at home, I think, see your mom and then leave to go explore.  There’s a computer in your room.  You have to find keys or clues to get to new areas, trying to get to a fantasy world, I think?  I remember a treehouse, an area under the tree, and a tree stump with ants on it.  Maybe a barn, too, and a picnic table.  I never ‘finished’ the game, I don’t think, it ended with you going to a barred gate in front of a mountain cave, and you couldn’t go in.  There were two strange, cartoony creatures guarding the cave."

She said it was a point and click adventure game.

That would be Episode 2 of the remarkably good and twisted Dare to Dream, made by CliffyB in Epic's infancy.
I have Episode 1 as a kid, only recently found the other 2. Each one is verrrry different

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 02, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »

Projector game which broadcast light cars onto surfaces, controlled via game controllers, real-time adjustment of obstacles.
It was featured on Tigsource a few months back.
There were blue fireballs near the end of the demo.

destiny is truth pre-op
DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »

Posting this one for the GF:

"It was on a 3.5” floppy disk, and I don’t remember the name, obviously, but I think it was part 2 of something.  Maybe it has the word heart in the title, I dunno.  You wake up in your bed at home, I think, see your mom and then leave to go explore.  There’s a computer in your room.  You have to find keys or clues to get to new areas, trying to get to a fantasy world, I think?  I remember a treehouse, an area under the tree, and a tree stump with ants on it.  Maybe a barn, too, and a picnic table.  I never ‘finished’ the game, I don’t think, it ended with you going to a barred gate in front of a mountain cave, and you couldn’t go in.  There were two strange, cartoony creatures guarding the cave."

She said it was a point and click adventure game.

That would be Episode 2 of the remarkably good and twisted Dare to Dream, made by CliffyB in Epic's infancy.
I have Episode 1 as a kid, only recently found the other 2. Each one is verrrry different

Thanks man, she's ecstatic right now and is going to research this tomorrow to see if that's what she remembers!  Thanks.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 23, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »

A giant maze of a grid-based puzzle-adventure game where you can:

- push blocks around, i think some of them looked like jelly
- push blocks into pits or ground levels lower than you
- push blocks onto conveyor belts
- beginning enemies are blobs
- there's one puzzle at the very end where you have 5 black boxes spelling out BLACK and 5 white boxes spelling out WHITE and you have to swap their position
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: December 23, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

- there's one puzzle at the very end where you have 5 black boxes spelling out BLACK and 5 white boxes spelling out WHITE and you have to swap their position
r'lyeh's mindgame ?
I once played it on a cargo ship from thailand to new guinea. But half the crew never reached destination.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: December 23, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »

How far did you come?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: December 23, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »

I was about to post about a game where you progress up a tower as an old man and I stumbled upon it.

. I played the pc version when I was a kid. Anyone ever tried this? I remember it being awesome.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 24, 2011, 03:31:59 AM »

r'lyeh's mindgame ?
I once played it on a cargo ship from thailand to new guinea. But half the crew never reached destination.

nah, i can't even find that in google O.o

another unique aspect of the game is how it's grid-based height-wise too. you can hold a button to display all the tile's depth. like a pit can be 1 block deep or 2 blocks deep etc
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 24, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »

Is this a PC game? When do you recall playing it? It sounds really neat.

I am pretty sure Moi's post was a joke.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 24, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »

Its a PC game, I recall playing it 8-10 years ago and yeah, it was neat, I remember it was like Tower of the Sorcerer but focused more on puzzles and timing your way across monsters.

And damn, I really can't tell sarcasm >_>
szculkiye
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 29, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »

An indie game from a couple of years ago.
It's a side-view action-strategy-something, sort of like Clonk or Cortex Command, you could spawn airplanes and tanks, and probably other stuff that i can't remember. Pretty sure there was destructible terrain. There was also a sequel that you could buy. The title was something like SCUD or a similar word. Maybe.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 29, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »

I remember an old Gameboy game, a top down shooter that you could switch between two characters (a girl that could jump, and a dude who could do something else? Maybe stronger gun). You fought a bunch of biomechanical type monsters as bosses (I remember a lot of them being crablike), but the final boss was like a robotic panther I think. And then an island exploded.

If anybody recognizes that game, I'd love to be able to play it again!

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 29, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »

How far did you come?

I think I made it to the third or fourth dungeon.  Equinox was interesting in that there was some combat as well as just isometric platforming puzzles... I think there was even an overworld map where you could get into fights.
c--b
Level 0

...!

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 01, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »

An indie game from a couple of years ago.
It's a side-view action-strategy-something, sort of like Clonk or Cortex Command, you could spawn airplanes and tanks, and probably other stuff that i can't remember. Pretty sure there was destructible terrain. There was also a sequel that you could buy. The title was something like SCUD or a similar word. Maybe.

Probably not Wings 2, but maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic