Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:15:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385468 times)
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:58 AM »

Probably not Wings 2, but maybe.

That's a cave flier... And I don't recall there being any tanks. Turrets, yes, but not tanks.
pervycreeper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 18, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »

There was this iPhone game, likely by a Japanese developer. Pixelly and retro art style. It may or may not have have had pixel art sprites of a strawberry or an apple. Either won some award or was mentioned by someone with good taste...
Noahz0r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »

A top-down racing game for the Genesis, I think. You had to outrun the cops, and you could create traffic jams by smashing into other cars.
Herr Schnurrbart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 29, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »

There was this iPhone game, likely by a Japanese developer. Pixelly and retro art style. It may or may not have have had pixel art sprites of a strawberry or an apple. Either won some award or was mentioned by someone with good taste...

HungryMaster?
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 29, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »

Guys, I have some serious problems.

Japanese indie shmup from several years back, maybe 2010 at the absolute latest. Almost entirely black and white graphics with simple line drawings. The unique thing about it it's a crossbreed between normal shmup gameplay and the WarioWare games - every few seconds, you're hit with a random shmup-style action to perform, from killing a couple of enemies to collecting items to breaking down an oncoming wall. I remember it being very difficult and kind of aggravating, but I was much younger when I played it, so it might have just been me sucking.

I should find it in a little bit here (I'm sure it's somewhere in my circus of junk hard drives and USB dongles), but if anyone remembers it, 'twould be helpful!
asdzxc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 30, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »

Hey guys, I'm trying to remember the name of an indie game which involved 2 players typing to each other what was happening in the story each turn, basically making up the story as they went along.

I think one player acted as the main leader/storyteller and the other player did what he asked. The leader could interact with elements in the enviroment I believe and basically create the story as sort of a "dungeon master" if you will for the other player.

It was portrated in a 2d enviroment, side on view rather than overhead, and looked a bit like a typical old school adventure game. I believe the first scene involved digging underground in order to procure an item, possibly a sword?

I never got around to playing it so can't provide much more detail. Seems to be a hard game to Google for Sad
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 30, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »

^ Sleep is Death? I've never played it, so I'm not confident in that one.
asdzxc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »

^ Sleep is Death? I've never played it, so I'm not confident in that one.

Yeah man that's the one, thanks!
pgil
« Reply #728 on: January 30, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »

Old breakout-style game where the ball is a snake.  Possibly a DOS game from around 1996-98.
pervycreeper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 30, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

HungryMaster?

Hmm, I don't think that's the one (although this fits the description). Downloaded nonetheless. It was probably circa 2009. I remember it may have involved a novel gameplay/ design idea.
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »

Alright, here's one.

Old Dos game. No idea what year.

Title, I think.. something like Ball, Balls, Ball Wars. I'm getting the feeling their may be a 2, or II in their somewhere, not sure.

The game was an arena type game. You had a blue ball, and a red ball. You flew around a square fixed view room. In the middle was a sun object, which had gravity.. sucked you in if you got too close.

You shot lasers when you came close to the other ball, and you could fire missiles.
You could buy upgrades. laser upgrades,(range? Strength?) and missile upgrades. Missiles, btw, are just little round dots that follow you around till they hit, or they run out of steam.

It was Player vs CPU, or player vs player. Great fun.

I've been googling around, but Ball is such used word that I'm getting nowhere. Help?!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »

Amiga Game  (SOLVED = BEASTLORD)

Been trying to figure out the name of an old Amiga game I once got in a magazine as a demo. Not sure if it was ever officially released.

The gameplay was like shadow of the beast and you began in a forest. I remember there being a pub you could enter and you also had strange powers. You could turn invisible and you could communicate with animals. Can't remember anything else about it and been struggling to find it for a few years now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:58:21 AM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

Hat Galleon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

Ok, there's a game I played a year or two ago, I think it came out around October of one of those years? Anyhow, it was a room escape style game, I believe Flash-based, and had an overarching story about a sentient artificial intelligence and the important ramifications on society at large. It was a remake of a game that he apparently had made years before, but this time with better graphics and interface and such. I can't remember the name for the life of me, and I've been looking for the past 20 minutes. I remember it took place in a bunker of some sort, I believe it was a scientific lab? I also remember it being mostly grey. Any ideas? I am determined to find it, no matter what.

OH, also, I remember that it played Allegri, Miserere Mei Deus in the background almost the whole time. That might trigger people's memories, hopefully.

Double edit, I also am PRETTY sure it was October 2010, or at least SOME time in the Fall of 2010.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:43:26 PM by Hat Galleon » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: February 09, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »

http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/games/the-infinite-ocean/
The Infinite Ocean?

Tenderfoot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »

I've been looking for an indie game - recent... it was a sidescrolling adventure that seemed pretty directionless... you could play nim on the side of the street, and go up an elevator and blow something up or something.... I think you played a TOASTER.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #735 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

I've been looking for an indie game - recent... it was a sidescrolling adventure that seemed pretty directionless... you could play nim on the side of the street, and go up an elevator and blow something up or something.... I think you played a TOASTER.

There's a flash game called Toast of War that sounds pretty similar to what you're talking about.
Hat Galleon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

YES! That's it. Thank you. (No wonder it was hard to find.)
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »

It was a graphical dungeon crawler in the 90's, or maybe early 2000's. It involved killing kobolds and I think giant ants. It had a spell called "Clairvoyance" that showed the area around the player, to help look for secret areas.

That's all I remember.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:54 AM »

I am pretty sure this was a game on the TIGSource frontpage. You were a walking toaster, you wandered around doing random things in an Adventure game format. You could fly to space in a "Rock-It Ship" (shaped like an electric guitar).

The game's name was just a sequence of arbitrary numbers. I used to have it bookmarked, but no longer. I searched the front page, but to no avail. Hopefully somebody can help you find this one!
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »

Oh, I know that game.

, made by Hundley (programmed by GZ, iirc) at GamingW (now SaltW)

PS: You played a frying pan  Wizard
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:42:27 AM by IzzyReggie » Logged

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic