Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:06:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385968 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: June 20, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

It's not on mobygames...

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: June 21, 2012, 08:35:14 AM »

Maybe I'm just losing it, or maybe it was on SNES or Genesis? I can't remember. All I know is that I was young and impressionable and it has burned itself into my brain. Sad

I'll bet you it was on SNES...

Look through this list and see if anything pops out at you: http://www.tbstactics.com/2010/04/list-of-turn-based-tactics-and-srpg.html
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: June 21, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »

No. Sad I remember it being fantasy as there was some kind of magic. IIRC, one of the earlier battles happens in a castle of some sort.

I remember it looking a lot like Fire Emblem... but that wouldn't run on a NA NES, right? We'd need to have had a Famicom? And the scale of these fights seems to grand. I remember the movement being interior or a castle courtyard or something, not a world map.

Maybe I'm just losing it, or maybe it was on SNES or Genesis? I can't remember. All I know is that I was young and impressionable and it has burned itself into my brain. Sad

If it was genesis it could have been Shining Force:

That game is very similar to Fire Emblem.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:57:02 AM by handCraftedRadio » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »

If it was genesis it could have been Shining Force:

Was thinking the same thing.

wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #824 on: June 25, 2012, 03:06:18 PM »

I tried to find a game that i played on an NES i think. At least I remember holding that controller.

It was a platformer where you were some square sized kid, i guess around 16x16 and you were able to walljump and i think you had a sword slash attack, but dont quote me on that. It's possible that it was a ninja kid and i could swear that the name was something like alex kid (and the... in the... whatever subtitle), but it was actually not alex kidd.

I remember from the stages i played that it was pretty bright, light blue background and  brick tiled city environments.

Any idea? Tongue

Long pork is people! wzl's burrow
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

All I can think of is one of the Wonder Boy games.

Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »

I've got a twist on the thread. I remember a game, and the name of it, but it shares it's name with a more recent series of block breaker titles, making mine difficult to find.

Continuing this, there's an old DOS game Paparazzi I'm trying to find. It's a first-person exploration game in a raycasting engine, which has absolutely nothing to it besides wandering Hollywood and being hounded by paparazzi.

Had lots of secret areas. Had been a staple of freeware sites. The generic title makes it difficult to find these days. Anyone have it?
JWK5
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

It was a platformer where you were some square sized kid, i guess around 16x16 and you were able to walljump and i think you had a sword slash attack, but dont quote me on that. It's possible that it was a ninja kid and i could swear that the name was something like alex kid (and the... in the... whatever subtitle), but it was actually not alex kidd.

I remember from the stages i played that it was pretty bright, light blue background and  brick tiled city environments.

Any idea? Tongue
Kid Niki: Radical Ninja

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »

Maybe I'm just losing it, or maybe it was on SNES or Genesis?

warsong for genesis

it looks so bad you could think it was for nes hahaha

badass game though
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »

Old PC rpg very much like Baldurs Gate (from what I remember). It's probably from 99 or earlier and I think it was German. I can't remember anything particular thing to describe it.

VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:18 AM »

@Mono: Could it be

?

I've been trying to find an odd game for MSDOS, 256 color 320x200 VGA (I think), where you were a little greyish round circle, with a '+' or 'x' in it, and you had to move about the screen and collect things without running into other things. 

What I remember most was the mouse acceleration & movement momentum mechanic.  The circle would drift as if in zero G, little to no friction.  It was maddening, but with practice one could gain fine control.

I remember being able to shoot at enemies if you collected certain powerups, and become invincible and destroy things by running into them.

I think the game name had an x in it, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:14:12 AM by VortexCortex » Logged

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »

@Mono: Could it be

?

Nope sorry thats not it. Its not quite as old I think and its 3D.I actually have no idea when it came out.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2012, 01:50:55 AM »

Neverwinter Nights?
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »

Neverwinter Nights?

No this game is probably not that well known.

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: June 26, 2012, 06:48:21 AM »

I played this game a really long time ago, on a Mac I think (not sure). It was like space invaders, where you had a rocket ship at the bottom of the screen, against a space backdrop, with all manner of spacey things approaching from the top of the screen, and your task to shoot them. I specifically remember one of the enemies - A flat planet, not unlike Earth, that would stick to the background as if it were a surface, fold and flop down repeatedly.
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »

I've been trying to find an odd game for MSDOS, 256 color 320x200 VGA (I think), where you were a little greyish round circle, with a '+' or 'x' in it, and you had to move about the screen and collect things without running into other things. 

What I remember most was the mouse acceleration & movement momentum mechanic.  The circle would drift as if in zero G, little to no friction.  It was maddening, but with practice one could gain fine control.

^ Found this.  It's

(video - Mmm, love them cheesy sound effects).

There's a sequel, which I almost remember playing, and source code has been released for both.
Yay!  Hand Metal Left Smiley

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »

Old PC rpg very much like Baldurs Gate (from what I remember). It's probably from 99 or earlier and I think it was German. I can't remember anything particular thing to describe it.

Druid: Daemons of the Mind comes to mind, but that's not German and it' from 1995. I remember playing that once and it felt like the weirdest thing ever.

Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »

^ Found this.  It's

(video - Mmm, love them cheesy sound effects).

There's a sequel, which I almost remember playing, and source code has been released for both.
Yay!  Hand Metal Left Smiley

Oh man... I've actually played the original Apple II game Crystal Quest.  I had completely forgotten about it until your post reminded me.
rdein
« Reply #838 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »

THIS

HELP
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 28, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »

^every game you made ever
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 96
Print