Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:10:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 444926 times)
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »

Hi everyone!

@mrKaizen
@sKittlefuck

Glad you like it guys! Thanks a lot!! SmileySmileySmiley

Today, Super Time Force has been released, so, before we all leave this current space/time dimension to play the game in a super crazy fun weekend, a little update Smiley

In the last video, we showed this big mech facing you with a threatening actitude. And after seeing it some people thought of the mech as an enemy/boss Smiley Well, sorry for that xD, we were kind of tricking you just to create a little cliffhanger .

Actually, you can produce this unit in the game to help you in the fight, by using these big structures spread around the enviroment. We have some game references and ideas about this mecanic, but we prefer to keep it until we have something more defined Smiley

So, there will be more units figthing by your side that you have to produce. But nothing massive. Just a very limited “army” that you will have to take care of in order to survive the demon hordes. Each single one of your different units will have special attacks, abilities and play diferent roles. Yep, a lot of work to do xD

So here are the two new shooting animations for the Bigmamawomba. The first will make mutiple little explosions sweeping the floor.

And the another just a single big ka-boom Smiley

The other animations are for when these little bastards achieve to get close to her, she will not be able to shoot at them. They will do progressive damage to her, so, you must help her and kill the demons before they make too much damage, and repair with the mc if needed. We don't have anything of this yet, so, use your imagination for the moment Smiley

We are going to use binding points for it, to keep it consistent during the multiple animations of the mech.

And just one more thing, a new and great version of Kingdom is rising in KS. We really enjoyed it, so all our support from here  Wink

Thanks again dudes! Have a nice weekend

cu A.S. Smiley

Cakeypigdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2014, 12:15:01 PM »

The more I see of this the more excited I am !! Are you going to the industry workshop concept art thing in August ? I love the white light catching the front planes of her arms in the firing anim. So ace
Vovosunt
Level 0

Lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

It's looking great but I have a real issue with the walking animation.
The upper body/guns move appropriately while the legs seem to be completely borked up.
What I mean is that the back leg always moves forward and the front one just tip-toes a bit and doesn't really change it's orientation at all. Kind of feels like one leg is pointed in the orientation the robot is moving in and the other towards the screen, which really doesn't make any sense. Crazy

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »

nice, but i think at the second shoot knockback animation the smoke in the background would naturally be more on the right? just an idea

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »

Geez!
Those animations and environments looks awsome! Really inspirational for my own things too.
What application you use to make those animations?
Frame by frame? You have so great 3d motion feel in them I would like to have some tips to archieve some day something similar Smiley

Johnny Darko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2014, 03:05:31 AM »

Incredible pixel art and animation! When are you guys showing some gameplay?
atmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:42 AM »

I am so impressed by the art. The game looks great. Keep up the good work.

Pixdeo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2014, 06:24:56 AM »

Screamy Impressive art work! definetly the animation, is what make it shine.
I hope to see the game finished soon, you guys are getting big traction, probably going to have ton of downloads.
Are you doing spritesheet animations or have any kind of skeletal system?

http://Pixdeo.com - HTML5 and native Mobile Games, this is my DevLog
Catghost
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

That is some rad robot animations. The subtle changes when it walks are what really get me, it almost looks more like 3D than pixel art!

Consider me sold. Looking forward to seeing more from where that came from. Smiley
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »

Hi everyone!

So many talented people these days in the thread... Smiley

@Cakeypigdog Hi dude! I would really like go but I already have a trip plan for august, maybe the next time Smiley glad you like the light effects.

@Vovosunt Hi! Thanks for comment SmileySmiley I already got a similar feedback from @chevkoch, sorry for the copy paste ^___^U
I think this is because I was trying to fake all the characters in the game by posing them in 3/4 profile, not just full profile. In that way, the leg in the background is totally parallel to the screen and the other leg is facing the player. It's a bit tricky to do, at least for me.

@christopf you right! Thanks for the feedback Smiley fixed

@Sazem Thanks!! Photoshop, frame by frame trial and error technique. This is my first pixel project, so I don't have cool tips to give to you. Just see as much pixel art as you can, and learn from the masters !  

@Johnny Darko Thanks! as soon as we can Smiley we are on it  

@atmos Glad you like it dude Smiley I also enjoyed your galley, and No More Probes is looking rad!

@Pixdeo I'm afraid it won't be finished soon, we are just starting, and we are not full time with it Sad but we appreciate your support and positive thoughts! And we are using spritesheet Smiley

@Catghost Thanks a lot!! SmileySmileySmiley

Little update; we have been featured in IndieGames.com! We are super happy for this, big thank you!!

And these are just the demon caster boost spell

and the basic demon to boomer animations (not synchronized)

Hope you like it Smiley

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »

lovely animation work as always- i really like the stylized squared off shapes that smoke/steam goes thorugh coming out the vents on the shooting anim- so cool Smiley i prefer it with the slower timing of the older anim- feels more appropriate for the steam

as always, can't wait to see more!

Gas1312
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2014, 01:00:53 AM »

Always better :Q_______

Gas1312 - Music composer
portfolio here: https://soundcloud.com/gas1312/
follow me in twitter: https://twitter.com/gas1312_AGD
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2014, 01:21:02 AM »

amazing
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »

@barneycumming barneyyyy! Yep, I also prefer the smoke with slower timing. This thing happens to me some times when I export the animation with Photoshop, the timing changes and I still don't know why. Anyway, it's fixed; slower timing, and smoke moved more to the right, like @christopf said.

@Gas1312 Hi! Thanks :D:D

@Karlozalb Thanks dude. In fact, I have to work on this to a little more, I feel like the caster needs minimun one more frame when he turns around, and the flame of the soul is static, it doesn't move properly. This is also the case of the boomer, and further more, his stomach is too rigid at the end of the fall. I will retake this Smiley

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »

hi! yep that tweak looks lovely

something about watching those different sections of the mech moving against each other- i could watch that all day Smiley

i think probably the texture contrast- the springiness of the implied connecting tissue with the rigid sections

HughSJ
Level 1

'allo there

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »

Just saw this for the first time-- seems like you guys have struck a nerve in the best kind of way. There's a nice GitS / Katsuhiro Otomo vibe to it, but still distinctly your own I think. I'm pretty excited to see where you guys go with it.

Speaking of Otomo, have you seen the new short film '

' based on his stuff? Seems like it would be right in your wheelhouse.

Anyway, good luck with dev. Lord knows it gets tough at times.

Skippi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2014, 04:51:46 AM »

And these are just the demon caster boost spell

and the basic demon to boomer animations (not synchronized)

Hope you like it Smiley

Any your reply in this topic is AMAZING!!!
Congrats Man, this game will be FANTASTIC... sure!
chevkoch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

Thanks for the update! Always excited to see news from this project.

It all sounds and looks very intriguing. One thing that came to my mind watching the above animation: the smoke seems located more in the cartoon department visually compared to the detailed big assist bot. Seeing the big guy out of the environments and action, isolated on its own, I can't help but think these are two worlds art-wise (smoke/mech).

In a similar vein, for the demon caster boost spell, I'd want to see how this animation ties in with its other movement set to know if that seems right. But cool on its own.

Plus: thanks for the link to Glauber Kotaki's stuff!

Looking forward to more of Irkalla.
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »

Hi everyone!

@barneycumming Thanks dude Smiley

@HughSJ wow, that is a huge compliment! Thanks! ^__^ I'm a big fan of both, Shirow and Otomo. And of course, Shirow's work is a great reference for me when designing and animating  mechs.

About the film, Short Peace, yeah! I just say it the other day and that short for me was one of the best in the movie, reeeeeaally awesome Smiley

I want to share this with you, this came out a few days ago, may be you have already seen it, but anyway:
Project 2501: Homage to Ghost in the Shell. Is crazy amazing, I'm so exited about it.

@Skippi Thank for the support dude! that is very motivating SmileySmiley

@OJ Navarro glad you like it sir

@chevkoch Thanks for comment and feedback as always! About the smoke, is this because of the render, the animation? I just made a rough test adding a little volume to see if this can work for you Smiley

Busy week, just portal hit without dead (left and right) and hit with dead animations

And one more thing, we have been featured in some cool websites!

- Kill Screen
- Nivel Oculto
- Chief
- VG247
- Game Sphere

We are so happy about it. BIG THANK YOU!!!. (if we missed some, heads up are very welcome)

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:29:15 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

The_Otherworld_Agency
Level 0

Making awesome audio for awesome games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »

Man, I always love popping onto this dev log and seeing how Irkalla's coming along. It's looking absolutely beautiful and every time I see your updates, my jaw drops even more.  Hand Money Right  Hand Money Right  Hand Money Right

~The Otherworld Agency~
www.theotherworldagency.com
A global team of 30+ composers and sound designers
Creds: Eitr, Crossy Road, Tiny Wizard, PAC-MAN 256, Hacknet
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic