Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:33:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 444920 times)
kruxus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »

I do understand that we don't see much progress posts in this thread, as every post (by OP or anyone) turns into some kind of drama, or just proper off-topic derailings.

I hope progress is coming along well though!
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »

I do understand that we don't see much progress posts in this thread, as every post (by OP or anyone) turns into some kind of drama, or just proper off-topic derailings.

I hope progress is coming along well though!

I was about to say this. This thread should be locked until he decides to post an update.
Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 07, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

Ha, I love this thread, lots of cool art, amazing video response to the 3D collab drama, but I have to ask: what is the state of the actual game? In essence I mean is anything playable? Is the menu actually coded and cycle-able? etc. The trailer thing shown seems like an animation rather than an in-engine thing.

As I said the art here is amazing, but I do worry a little when I see similar arty high concept first projects when they either die before seeing light or can't live up to the expected appeal in the gameplay as well. Hyper Light Drifter shows that it is possible though.

Would be nice to see a seriously thought out and detailed gameplay and design overview. Level layouts, challenges, game flow...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:15:47 AM by Lee » Logged
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:23 PM »

This game looks totally awesome, I want to someday become as good as you are with your animations!  Beer!
Can't wait to see more from this, I can't believe I haven't seen this before  Screamy
Please take my money  Hand Money Left Waaagh! Hand Money Right
IGorGe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »

Hi. Just to say great job !. The atmosphere, mech design etc... love it.  why do i miss that before?
DevWithoutACrew
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2014, 09:47:18 PM »

pretty good! great job!

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

This looks amazing! Love the dystopian feel to it.

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »

Hi dudes!! It has been a while ^___^U

Well, sorry for all this time without responses/updates, but we really needed to disconnect from everything and take a real break during the summer holidays :D

I am really glaaaaad for all your support, guys. It is amazing. And that you liked the 3d video, at least the majority Smiley
But yeah, it wasn’t a response to @Howard Day. It was to the people who were asking about changing the game aesthetic. It made me feel a bit frustrated but I finally decided to take it with a sense of humor (expecting the same from your side) and to make something fun, to leave it all behind Smiley

Anyway, let’s move on to more important things.

@Netsu! You have a PM Smiley

@daemonstar apologies for the super late response dude, this fanart is aaaaaaawesome SmileySmileySmiley I need to print it and put it on my wall, to give me motivation every day. Also, great art in your deviantart gallery gz and THANK YOUUUU :D

@Lee Thanks a lot dude Smiley The videos and the main menu gifs are a real time in-engine thing.

I understand what you say but you have to think that we are not doing this for a living. We are working on it just in our free time at home, soo, yep, things are going slowly xD We feel capable of bringing this to you. but we need you to be patient and enjoy the ride for a while Smiley we are doing our really best.

@illugion Thank you very muuuch, you are very kind Smiley

@Igorge omg dude, I can’t believe how awesome the trailer for Zombie Night Terror was, I mean it, all my admiration. Really glad you like our project.

@DevWithoutACrew @Seiseki Thanks!!

And of course, I didn’t want to get back to you without any update so, here we go with more animations Smiley

This is kind of old, but I think I never posted it before..

Do you remember this? Well, we will use it there and also when you kill them with a fire weapon. I have to make some variations to have at least a couple of different running/ dead by fire. And test colors:

The hit for the mech when it receives a big impact from an explosion

The walking for the first kind of boss ^__^  we want to add a bunch of procedural flies on top of him, to give the rotting feeling more vivid.

And finally, this I will not say anything about Smiley because if I do, it will not be a surprise when the game is published xD

300%

So, that’s all for now.

Again, thank you very much dudes, it's awesome to have all of you following this devlog Smiley

More coming soon

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 06, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »

Lookin good.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: September 06, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »

Really inspiring animations !!

Skippi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 07, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »

Hi dudes!! It has been a while ^___^U

Well, sorry for all this time without responses/updates, but we really needed to disconnect from everything and take a real break during the summer holidays :D

I am really glaaaaad for all your support, guys. It is amazing. And that you liked the 3d video, at least the majority Smiley
But yeah, it wasn’t a response to @Howard Day. It was to the people who were asking about changing the game aesthetic. It made me feel a bit frustrated but I finally decided to take it with a sense of humor (expecting the same from your side) and to make something fun, to leave it all behind Smiley

Anyway, let’s move on to more important things.

@Netsu! You have a PM Smiley

@daemonstar apologies for the super late response dude, this fanart is aaaaaaawesome SmileySmileySmiley I need to print it and put it on my wall, to give me motivation every day. Also, great art in your deviantart gallery gz and THANK YOUUUU :D

@Lee Thanks a lot dude Smiley The videos and the main menu gifs are a real time in-engine thing.

I understand what you say but you have to think that we are not doing this for a living. We are working on it just in our free time at home, soo, yep, things are going slowly xD We feel capable of bringing this to you. but we need you to be patient and enjoy the ride for a while Smiley we are doing our really best.

@illugion Thank you very muuuch, you are very kind Smiley

@Igorge omg dude, I can’t believe how awesome the trailer for Zombie Night Terror was, I mean it, all my admiration. Really glad you like our project.

@DevWithoutACrew @Seiseki Thanks!!

And of course, I didn’t want to get back to you without any update so, here we go with more animations Smiley

This is kind of old, but I think I never posted it before..

Do you remember this? Well, we will use it there and also when you kill them with a fire weapon. I have to make some variations to have at least a couple of different running/ dead by fire. And test colors:

The walking for the first kind of boss ^__^  we want to add a bunch of procedural flies on top of him, to give the rotting feeling more vivid.

And finally, this I will not say anything about Smiley because if I do, it will not be a surprise when the game is published xD

300%

So, that’s all for now.

Again, thank you very much dudes, it's awesome to have all of you following this devlog Smiley

More coming soon

My personal opinion:
Please, Continue with your style and your ideas!
This game is amazing!!
See you soon.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »

all super cool, that knight mecha especially cool.  love the sense of weight in your animations, character --- ugh it's all so good.
shpen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2014, 11:42:14 PM »

Do you mind if I ask how you made this? Was this drawn manually?
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2014, 02:09:31 AM »

so good- as always Smiley

Scifa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2014, 02:17:58 AM »

It's her mother WTF

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2014, 03:48:50 AM »

I am a sucker for this game. Already 100% in love. Pretty late to the party here, but yeah, can't wait to see more! Combining magic with high-tech weaponry? Yes please.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: September 08, 2014, 05:46:19 AM »

when this is in-game, for the love of god, make it slide back ~10 pixels, decelerating. It is A MUST
Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: September 08, 2014, 06:42:43 AM »

Love the light trail from the eye. Wonderful details.
I also agree with Jad. That would flesh everything out nicely.

Sjonsson
Level 0

Multi-hatter. Level design get's the love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2014, 07:01:25 AM »

Just discovered this project, must say I love the environment I've seen so far!

Unity-chan is that ex that you'll never get over but on the same time will always regret.
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:50 AM »

@Belimoth
@airman4
@Skippi
@keo

Thank youuu!!

@shpen Hi! Yep, it’s done manually. The workflow that I use is pretty similar to Glauber's in the video, but way more chaotic and disorganized. Also, you can see how clear he has the animation in his mind, barely changing one pixel after it has been placed.
For me, it’s more a kind of test-error workflow. And this insecurity makes me save a crazy amount of different files just in case that I end up in a place where there is no way out, and I have to go back and restart.
So at the end of the day, I have like 50 files named:

“mech_hit_01.psd”
“mech_hit_02.psd”
“mech_hit_03.psd”
“mech_hit_03_arm_01.psd”
“mech_hit_03_arm_02_ok.psd”
“mech_hit_03_arm_02_ok_foot_01.psd”
“mech_hit_03_arm_02_ok_foot_02.psd”
“mech_hit_03_arm_02_ok_foot_03_ok.psd”
“mech_hit_04_chest_01.psd”
“mech_hit_04_chest_02.psd”

and then I realize, fuck, the arm is wrong! And I go back to the “mech_hit_03.psd”. So, I keep pushing myself until I get it right. -You are crazy -Who says that?

Aniway, let me try to put all these frames in one single video, so you can more or less see the progress, I will try to do it this week. Just for you Smiley

@barneycumming <3 Smiley

@Scifa you will know Wink

@HyperDuckChris wow! Thanks a lot man, I'm also a big fan of your work for a long time :D welcome to the thread Smiley

@Jad @Reilly yeeeeeah, that is a super cool idea, we will make it. Maybe by code. And I was thinking about adding some dust trail to complete it. Thanks a lot dudes Smiley

@Sjonsson Thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic