Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:12:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFez
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 126
Print
Author Topic: Fez  (Read 570211 times)
alphasmart
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 01, 2013, 08:17:12 AM »

It be out on Steam and GOG! Aww yeah. As a member of the PC master race and therefore spurner of consoles, I've finally got my hands on it. It's entirely glorious, though I'm a little tired of each level being a portal to about 5 new levels. WHEN WILL IT END? (I hope never)
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »

Even if you have some qualms about Phil Fish, I hope you can recognize that Fez is a damn good game by any measure. Go buy it.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2422 on: May 01, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »

Aw yeah! GOG has it? well sorry steam, my princess is ... in another castle. Tiger
Pixelworship
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 01, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »

I can’t believe people are still talking about that Japanese games thing. Some games made in Japan, and/or by Japanese, suck. End.
Fez, on the other hand, doesn’t. The PC version feels every bit as magical as the 360 version did a year ago, and personally I’m glad it’s finally out.

@optriromini
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2424 on: May 01, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

You should all be buying it from the polytron site. They get 95% of the profit and you still get the DRM-free game and a Steam key.

http://polytroncorporation.com/buy-fez
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:11:46 PM by Tanner » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2425 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »

yeah if you want to buy a broken game.

first off the cut-scenes wouldn't work until I disabled my anti-virus. it would show the loading and the first frame or so of the cut-scene and nothing would happen.

disabled my anti-virus and then started playing, about an hour in after I got the fourth cube it crashed on me. no big deal, it auto-saves right? well it does but my save is gone. it shows the progress and time spent playing when I load the game up and choose my save, but "continue game" is greyed out and I can't choose it.

there seems to be more problems in the steam forums. I'd suggest you wait until the game is fixed before buying it.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2426 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

Aw, that's a shame. At least they don't have to pay thousands of dollars just to patch it this time.

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2427 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »

https://getsatisfaction.com/polytron < Renaud seems to be tracking bugs here.  Top issue is ... apparently it doesn't run on laptops?  (edit: I guess rather the issue is with intel integrated graphics or out-of-date drivers ...)

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2428 on: May 01, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »

the save game thing seems to be pretty widespread from the looks of it as well. I thought it was due to my game crashing, but people are reporting that it's happening them despite never having crashed.

even started a new game and played for a few minutes, but after closing and re-opening it still doesn't allow me to continue my game.

it's pretty terrible they learned nothing from the xbox360 save bug thing. corrupted saves is unacceptable.
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2429 on: May 01, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

the save game thing seems to be pretty widespread from the looks of it as well. I thought it was due to my game crashing, but people are reporting that it's happening them despite never having crashed.

even started a new game and played for a few minutes, but after closing and re-opening it still doesn't allow me to continue my game.

it's pretty terrible they learned nothing from the xbox360 save bug thing. corrupted saves is unacceptable.
Wow yeah, I think I'll hold off playing until the save game corruption bugs appear to be fixed.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2430 on: May 01, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

I tried a few more new games until I got one that let me continue, and I'm at 25% now and it seems to be working correctly. I'll be super pissed if a patch comes out and breaks my save or something else breaks my save, but I wanted to play the game so I took a bit of a risk.

it's pretty good, but I can't help but feel a bit let down considering all the praise the game has received. the game is certainly very polished but the core game-play is really shallow and the constant references feel contrived. the camera rotating doesn't really add a whole lot, only managing to slightly distance the game from other similar exploration based platformers. remove the camera rotating and the game's averageness would become much more apparent.

it seems like they spent all their time and effort into the presentation and not the game-play. if the graphics/animations and music/sound effects weren't so good the game wouldn't be worth playing at all. but luckily they are all very high quality and make up for the rather uninteresting game-play.
siskavard
« Reply #2431 on: May 01, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »

I haven't had a big stupid mouth agape smile on my face this much while playing a game in a looooong time. Thank you, team Polytron!

Hand Clap
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2432 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »

it seems like they spent all their time and effort into the presentation and not the game-play. if the graphics/animations and music/sound effects weren't so good the game wouldn't be worth playing at all. but luckily they are all very high quality and make up for the rather uninteresting game-play.
I thought there were supposed to be really interesting metagame-y puzzles in addition to the exploration platformer aspect?  Has that not showed yet or is it just not that interesting?

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »

He might come off a jerk but his rant are always about being passionate by something he believe in, that resonate with people. "Your game sucks" to Japanese was met with a "thanks", because they knew it wasn't personal just an honest if brutal statement. So it's not random aggression.

Even if he doesn't like Japanese games to just come out and say "your games suck" is an asshole move.

yea except he

didn't

fucking

do

that

Someone who is respectfully asking for your opinion on the state of the industry, and to respond in such a way is reprehensible but good thing there is that he apologized.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:12:01 PM by beetleking22 » Logged
Andrio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2434 on: May 01, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »

I want to see mods for FEZ PC.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2435 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »

Why?

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 01, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »

I can’t believe people are still talking about that Japanese games thing. Some games made in Japan, and/or by Japanese, suck. End.
Fez, on the other hand, doesn’t. The PC version feels every bit as magical as the 360 version did a year ago, and personally I’m glad it’s finally out.

Yeah He didn't say that some Japanese games sucks. He said that Japanese game sucks.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2437 on: May 01, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »

he didn't even said that; he said "your games suck" when asked what he thought of japanese games by a japanese programmer. the programmer's english wasn't very good so he didn't even know what "suck" meant, and had to look it up later

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

he didn't even said that; he said "your games suck" when asked what he thought of japanese games by a japanese programmer. the programmer's english wasn't very good so he didn't even know what "suck" meant, and had to look it up later

There is not much difference.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2439 on: May 01, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »

the difference is in the rudeness of it. he could have said 'games from your country tend to suck', but 'your games suck' makes it more personal. particularly when that guy worked for square-enix, which is known for making games like final fantasy that a lot of westerners make fun of. so he could possibly have meant 'the games of square-enix suck' too.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 126
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic