Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:02:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMother 4 - Stellar looking fanmade continuation of the Mother series
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Mother 4 - Stellar looking fanmade continuation of the Mother series  (Read 11648 times)
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »

I was really skeptical about this being any good over the years but the newest trailer sold me. To me, it actually looks (and sounds) like it's better than the canon Mother games at this point.

Agreed about the faux-official numeric title being a little awkward though. With regards to "why don't they do something original," beyond being able to pay tribute to something you love, fan projects do have the extended perk of appealing to an existing fanbase. They're guaranteed a big, passionate audience by doing a Mother fangame, and then those people will all be stoked for whatever original projects the team might make in the future.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:32 AM »

is it rpg maker?
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »

is it rpg maker?
Their FAQ says:
What did you use to make Mother 4?
We built a custom engine for Mother 4 in C#. The music is mostly created using Logic Pro X . All the artwork is custom made in different versions of Microsoft Paint (seriously). For communication, we use (and love) Slack.
- http://www.mother4game.com/faq.html

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »

Seriously we dont need Nintendo games anymore because every indie are creating Nintendo games...
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

we dont need Nintendo games anymore
Uh excuse me but Super Mario 3D World and the new Super Smash Bros were some of the best games in the last couple years
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »

When this comes out, I'm going to push for it to be the Game of the Month.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »

Seriously we dont need Nintendo games anymore because every indie are creating Nintendo games...
yeah but no one makes a nintendo game like nintendo

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »

I can argue it's a good thing.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »

we dont need Nintendo games anymore
Uh excuse me but Super Mario 3D World and the new Super Smash Bros were some of the best games in the last couple years

It was just sarcasm.. My point was that there are a lot of people trying to create Nintendo games... It feels like indies belongs to Nintendo company xD
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »

I'm so happy I decided to click on a subforum other than devlogs. Really glad I found this, looking forward to playing it when it's out. Thanks for posting FK in the Coffee Toast Right
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »

I'm excited as well.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic