Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:52:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[GREENLIT] Double Death | Moddable Zombie Beat'em Up
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: [GREENLIT] Double Death | Moddable Zombie Beat'em Up  (Read 49316 times)
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

Testing the tank and the new effect for being damaged.
I think you should add some grimace of pain on the chara face (if possible) and maybe don't change the alpha but use a vivid color, even white could work well. Wink
(The green zombie looks cool :D)

MrBones
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »

I think you should add some grimace of pain on the chara face (if possible) and maybe don't change the alpha but use a vivid color, even white could work well. Wink

Hey, thanks for the advice! I'll see what I can do.
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »

Hey, thanks for the advice! I'll see what I can do.

I agree, maybe tint it red?

And a face like this  Tears of Joy

aberrantmike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »

phukyeah this looks great
MrBones
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »

Tried working on damaging again. When you get hit you now turn white, and when you hit an enemy they tint red. Also you can see a female zombie in action here.

-

Thanks for the compliments guys!
MrBones
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

little bit of an update!
pyro is now working in game (after initially attacking you he applies a damage over time burn effect!), guns now shoot and do damage, and the damaged effect has been added to every character in the game.

one problem I've noticed is that the AI can kind of act a bit wonky after being knocked back, as seen here, but I'll sure to fix this before posting any more screens
MrBones
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »

so you can go indoors now (WIP)

zombies can also follow you inside!

I had a bit of trouble recording this gif for some reason, sorry if it's a bit messed up.
MrBones
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2014, 07:09:12 AM »

Zombies now follow you inside buildings!

Preview of the single player game setup menu!
MrBones
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »

All zombies types now have up-to-date AI for following into buildings, etc. Zombie spawns are now random, and spawn-rates can be customized along with the amount of money they drop. Gamemodes are now initialized via script files, which plows the way for custom gamemodes in the near future.

Also, started working on the trader. (Massive WIP)

Instead of buying new guns, you can buy up to 4 upgrades to customize the shotgun/rifle. These upgrades can be arcade-like (i.e. fire balls instead of bullets) and can also be utility-like (i.e. greater stock/lower reload time)!
MrBones
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2014, 05:56:06 PM »

No pictures, but today was huge for bugfixes and AI changes. I reassigned all objects to individual arrays that load with ids, in order to more correctly detect collisions between objects. A massive bug that made all events apply to all objects of the same name was fixed. Another bug which dropped FPS by 60% when more than 4 enemies were on the map has also been fixed. The AI has also been tweaked for convenience. Enemy behavior now differs when inside buildings to accommodate for smaller spaces, and I've started on code that will now allow enemies to respond to other enemies in order to coordinate positions instead of all grouping up in the same space.
MrBones
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »

No pictures again today, as nothing was terribly interesting or picture-worthy. Today I worked on smoothing out bullet logic, as well as improving collisions between objects. I also added a working, easily moddable HP system (at last haha). Enemies now properly die and award cash to the player which killed it. This amount is editable per gamemode, just as pretty much every other variable is. I also tried working on adding some death animations or fading because I don't actually have any at the moment. Besides all of this, I patched a resolution bug which made the game look disoriented at certain resolutions and patched a bug which rendered text terribly (as seen in the Trader screenshot).

Thanks everyone, I'll try to get more pictures soon! Sorry for the shortage.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »

I haven't been around the devlogs for so long, but this looks really cool

MrBones
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

I haven't been around the devlogs for so long, but this looks really cool

Thanks, dude!
MrBones
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »

WIP pictures of UI. The colors of the Player number, arrow, and circle are controlled with code, so they can be changed to any color!

MrBones
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »

Fixed the weird AA on the rendered fonts, removed the arrow in the player identification thing to clear up bloat, made the "P1" etc. font about 3x smaller as well. Also made the default identification color white instead of the ugly maroon color. Lastly, I've finally added the ability for ALL zombies to damage the player, before this the player could damage the zombies but not vice-versa.
Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2014, 02:07:35 AM »

Unique zombie game you say, huh? Why is it unique though?
Your characters, enemies, environments, modes and weapons are all quite generic.
I did read your OP, but since you've said unique I expected something new compared to every other zombie game in the vast sea of zombies.
I even thought Double Death means you first fight as a human and when you die you fight on as a zombie, until you die for the second time. Depending on which zombie kills you, you could mutate differently and gain different powers/attacks.
I also can't see any impact the shotgun/rifle leaves on the zombies. You know, like a bloody knockback, guts and mutilation. Although that might not be too appropriate for your game.
But that's just my two cents.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:25:34 AM by Green Gospod » Logged
MrBones
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »

Unique zombie game you say, huh? Why is it unique though?
Your characters, enemies, environments, modes and weapons are all quite generic.
I did read your OP, but since you've said unique I expected something new compared to every other zombie game in the vast sea of zombies.
I even thought Double Death means you first fight as a human and when you die you fight on as a zombie, until you die for the second time. Depending on which zombie kills you, you could mutate differently and gain different powers/attacks.
I also can't see any impact the shotgun/rifle leaves on the zombies. You know, like a bloody knockback, guts and mutilation. Although that might not be too appropriate for your game.
But that's just my two cents.  Smiley

Thanks for the feedback.
First off, that idea is fantastic, but I'm too far in development to switch over to that. I guess the word "unique" is misleading, I use it because everything in game can be modded. Like, pretty much everything. If you wanted to you could mod the game to make it robots fighting dinosaurs on the moon with lasers.
Secondly, I haven't forgotten about leaving impact/blood on enemies, I just haven't gotten around to adding it yet.

Once again thanks for your opinion, hopefully you'll stick around to see how it turns out!

EDIT: Yeah, that was a bit misleading. I changed the title to fit better.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:51:00 AM by Bonesy » Logged
MrBones
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »

Massive change to UI! The "Wave: #" part is only visible if you're playing on a wave-based gamemode.

I've also tremendously changed the AI of the Zombies.

Regular Zombie:
-Will now sprint to players instead of walking to them if the player is below 30% HP or the zombies themselves are below 30%

All Zombies:
-Will first aggro on the nearest player, but will then aggro on whoever does the most damage to them with the lowest HP
-Upon entering indoors, will rescan the area to aggro the new closest player

Pyro Zombie:
-Will now wait for the fire/attacking animation to finish before stalking the player again

Berserker:
-Will wait for animation finish similar to pyro
-Will bite player if player gets to close, will also bite player instead of disabling them if his health gets below 30%
-Below 30% HP will, will also move faster

Tank:
-Knockup applys to all players in a circular range instead of a linear range
-Jumping while in range will allow you to dodge the knockup

Disabler:
-His pull is much longer now, and will continue to the full range even if it misses.

I've also added a pause feature/menu that will pause all events in singleplayer, and a retry/gameover menu that appears when you die in singleplayer!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:35:30 PM by Bonesy » Logged
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

This looks pretty cool! Love the pixel art style with heavy details. It has a lot of character. Any gameplay GIFs incoming?

MrBones
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »

This looks pretty cool! Love the pixel art style with heavy details. It has a lot of character. Any gameplay GIFs incoming?

Hey, Thanks! Once I finish fixing a few bugs and I re-add the Trader back to the game, I'll have lots more gameplay gifs to share! Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic