Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:49:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurrito Galaxy 65 Tough as nails Dark Soul's Like Voxel Roguelike
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Burrito Galaxy 65 Tough as nails Dark Soul's Like Voxel Roguelike  (Read 62984 times)
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »

Hey guys my team and i quit our jobs at a start up to make this new early access roguelike with voxel art called burrito galaxy 65, its a top tier game with all your favorite goofs and gafs, and maybe some cameos of your favorite indy heroe's. (SHOVEL night, anyone??? Wink ) We just set up a site with a mailing list and some videos of the game if you want to Check it out and share with al your online friends and buddies

http://burritogalaxy.com/

Thank's for your time, stay swack and remember -
gamers rule
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:08:25 PM by mushbuh » Logged

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »

Is there really going to be cooking?
Are you going to keep the 10 second thing?
Will there be more burps?

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

yes cooking
no 10 second, but rythm
more burps

also expect vocals

cyrohzin
Level 0

things go here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »

I hope there will be munching sounds to accompany the eating of the burrito.

Musician and game hobbyist<br />Cyrohzin.com
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »

I hope there will be munching sounds to accompany the eating of the burrito.
its not in the budget im sorry

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »

2 LAZY2 PLAY HERE A VIDO

burrito galaxy 2.0 2 feature

1 hyper battle

2 calm cooking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KHTRR1hUFM

3 interestin exploreing

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

i might paint all the assets for the full vers and scan them

stealthnachos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »

Man I love it, it's hawt. It reminds me of hawt things like boobs and stuff. How will the cooking work? Will it be like uh you get one thing in your left hand and one in your right, and then if you hit z and c together it combines them to make some type of power up? Like tortilla in left hand chorizo in the right (chorizo is a weapon?!) makes a sick buritto (render burrito texture a different color and reuse content lol economics) that boosts attack (permanently?). Then you could have a bunch of (BIG) combos. People would be like I have to combine all the things with all the other things. I dunno man, I really like this game even in this barebones state. Can't wait to see what y'all do with it.

My art and game development blog: http://stealthnacho.blogspot.com/

I did various artwork for Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206086702/cornerstone-the-song-of-tyrim

I'm working on the art for Montez: http://www.cevianlabs.com/index.html
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »

we're not sure how its going to work yet, but maybe something like that, slapping things together sounds amazonk

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/taquito-tower/17651/ put on gamejolt

ALSO ------

this is a reward for indiestatik.com's kickstarter thing!  - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/877458309/indie-statik

AND -----

We got #25 overall and #11 for fun in ludum dare !  Hand Shake Left Blink U  Blink  Hand Shake Right

I scanned in some assets today too! they look really weird

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:46:47 PM by mushroomized » Logged

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »

future captain

weaboo alien

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:34:06 PM by mushroomized » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 11:01:34 AM »

I like the art style but for some reason the shading doesn't seem to match it.  It feels like the shading should be paletted, similar to how old FPS games used paletted shading ..

I don't know if you can do this, though ..
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »

I like the art style but for some reason the shading doesn't seem to match it.  It feels like the shading should be paletted, similar to how old FPS games used paletted shading ..

I don't know if you can do this, though ..
on the tiles or on the sprites? I need to make the tiles w/ construction paper later but im not sure how well the shading thing you're talking about will work

thedukeofzill
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

Bueno

antoniodamala
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »

taco of the year
mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »

Hey guys
I haven't even posted in this thread yet and I'm like the devguy lole

right now I'm working on combat. it's going to be pretty much roguelike-style. we have limited time to work on this, so the ideal approach seems to be to implement a combat system that's super basic at its core, but something I can easily expand upon and refine, that way we can have polished simple combat and not farty poopy combat that could have been simpler.

our further plans are to add lots of cool dialogue and tons of secrets because that's the easy and fun part.

I just implemented enemy pathfinding after getting stuck on a dumb bug for a while. I need to add proper pathing logic for it to be playable though. I'm thinking about looking for some sort of tile-based FOV lib, but I don't think it's really needed right now if ever.

mush is making lots of NPC sprites and stuff, he's going to make some tiles soon.

progress has been incredibly slow over the past couple of weeks, at least for me. I think I drained most of my motivation when I finished those 2 games in the span of like a week. we're starting to pick up momentum though. ain't no brakes on this dev train.

thedukeofzill
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »

Is it still going to have randomized dungeons or will they be predefined now? Not sure how secrets would work in random dungeons.

antoniodamala
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »

Good to hear
mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »

Is it still going to have randomized dungeons or will they be predefined now? Not sure how secrets would work in random dungeons.

The world will be predefined 4 sho. I'm thinking about adding some basic metroidvania stuff and make it tie in with combat somehow. I actually just thought of an interesting idea while typing this. Gonna keep it secret tho. ;~0
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:36:18 PM by Raycast » Logged

mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »

Enemy pathfinding works mostly. I need to figure out why it's still doing diagonal moves though. Diagonal moves aren't allowed dude ur cheataen stopppp

Combat is implemented. You can bump enemies to attack them. They bump you to attack you.

I wrote a parser for dialogue flags which determine whether the player is talking or the NPC. I'll probably make more flags for cool text effects.

I also made it so the dialogue is stored in text files which are read at program start, that way we can add comments and me and mush can both add and revise dialogue and stufffff.

Tomorrow I'm going to work on what we think is the main mechanic, but it might change. It sounds good on paper so far though. At its core, it should tie together exploration, progression, puzzle-solving, and combat all together into a simple lil mechanic. Hopefully it works out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic