Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:29:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurrito Galaxy 65 Tough as nails Dark Soul's Like Voxel Roguelike
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Burrito Galaxy 65 Tough as nails Dark Soul's Like Voxel Roguelike  (Read 62585 times)
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »

beans

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2015, 05:08:48 PM »

Burrito Galaxy 65 the game videogame are hard to make
we have been making lots of movement devices for the game

Heres how the game works

ok

here are some of the movement based things we are working on.

- Slap ghosts, slap a ghost - they will throw you up in the air.

- waffleclouds, slap a switch to toggle them on or off

- slapSpinner, slap a thing to move the spinner

fininishing up SWAACL's

finishing up GUAC'S SHIP

fininishing up SCALLOPS HOTEL

finishing BRACELET SYSTEM

Currently working mmore on SECRET

please follow us on twitter if you like our game @burritogalaxy

if you have any questions let me know

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:11 PM »

very exciting post!

can you elaborate on what the bracelt system is?

and what's a SWAACL

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

very exciting post!

can you elaborate on what the bracelt system is?

and what's a SWAACL
Bracelet system - our revision of the phone charm system.
there are three types of bracelets
ULTRA's - these effect HOW you slap, maybe a quick slap, a powerful slow slap, a double slap
FASHION's - these effect your slap looks, maybe it honks when you slap, or it leaves sparkles. Maybe some npcs will like some more than others!
OFFECT - (effect) things like stunning, makign dizzy or burning enemies.

you can only wear one of each type at a time! We are trying to avoid making it so you HAVE to wear one to get pas a certain area.

SWAACL
little aliens guys for you to find and collect! they poop out eggs with items sometimes. Mainly for fun

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14:09 PM »

oh yeah I was thinking it might be the phone charm thing. are they going to look unique like the phone charms did or are they all going to be toruses?

the badge system in paper mario was one of my favorite things ever so I think I'm going to enjoy this feature

tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: June 24, 2015, 01:41:57 AM »

By dungeon, you mean the Taquito Tower? That's some Shin Megami Tensei Burrito cool shit right there.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: June 24, 2015, 10:41:08 AM »

By dungeon, you mean the Taquito Tower? That's some Shin Megami Tensei Burrito cool shit right there.
a dungeon is just a dumb word im using for "big area that you need to solve a problem in" like instead of a boss.

taquito tower makes an appearance

Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »

oh no GIVE IT TO ME NOW

tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »

a dungeon is just a dumb word im using for "big area that you need to solve a problem in" like instead of a boss.

Oh, I was left with the idea that the game only had one adventure zone with multiple floors. It's nice to know the game is way more advanced than what we're seeing.

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »

oh no GIVE IT TO ME NOW
i missed u chis

Oh, I was left with the idea that the game only had one adventure zone with multiple floors. It's nice to know the game is way more advanced than what we're seeing.
yeah, essentially a dungeon is an area the story arc might revolve around that has a problem or conflict in it

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:53 AM »

big area that you need to solve a problem in

that'd make for a good menu

mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »

maybe this makes more sense

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »

At first I couldn't tell if you made this until I started seeing frogs everywhere, toy snakes and the KERO ZIGGURAT.
It's a good way of looking at things and introducing players to new stuff and eventually integrating it into gameplay.

Reminds me of some of the stuff in here, which I think is a good read for everyone.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/167214/rational_design_the_core_of_.php?print=1

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »

Cool flowchart.  Do you have any philosophy on how the player explores the game's content?  Is it linear?  If not, are different areas gated by upgrades/plot points/collectibles?

Caravan: devlog | website
Polygonzo
Level 0

Hide your wings in a ghost tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »

This game looks so tasty and I am very jealous of your wiggly wobbly dialogue UI  Hand Thumbs Up Left
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

Cool flowchart.  Do you have any philosophy on how the player explores the game's content?  Is it linear?  If not, are different areas gated by upgrades/plot points/collectibles?
some ears are gated by things like that, but others are hard to access unless you are good/have completed an area that teaches how to do a thing well
This game looks so tasty and I am very jealous of your wiggly wobbly dialogue UI  Hand Thumbs Up Left
yeah apparently everyone is. we are getting people copying us a lot and its frickin us up. We have had several Big App Startups mention us as "inspiration" as well and Im feeling fricked because of that still i need to let it go tho i get too upset over that stuff

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »

yeah apparently everyone is. we are getting people copying us a lot and its frickin us up. We have had several Big App Startups mention us as "inspiration" as well and Im feeling fricked because of that still i need to let it go tho i get too upset over that stuff

as much as it sucks, i'd also be glad that you guys pioneered the swackwave ui movement. i think i've been callin' my wiggle text 'swacktext' ever since i saw this game. heh.

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2015, 01:07:42 AM »

i like to use the word swack sometimes, i hope this is okay and doesn't 'frick' you or something xoxo

slap ghost looks cool though and so do those saucer shape things with legs, everything in this games looks so nice.
siskavard
« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

i have to admit ive been tempted to put the wiggly text in my game but i dont want to be so blatent with my idea theft

i thought you guys pulled that from noby noby boy? not judging - it fits BG very well
mushbuh
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

i have to admit ive been tempted to put the wiggly text in my game but i dont want to be so blatent with my idea theft

i thought you guys pulled that from noby noby boy? not judging - it fits BG very well
thats not exactly what i meant, i suppose the idea of "maximalist ui" that we have created as a parody seems to be catching on w/ the people we are poking fun at. if that makes sense.
Also wiggle text was invented in like... 2001 myspace banners so

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic