Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:02:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLegend of the Lancer - Metroidvania for PS3/PS4 and PC
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Legend of the Lancer - Metroidvania for PS3/PS4 and PC  (Read 10611 times)
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »

Hi All, we at Gorilla Press Games want to announce our game Legend of the Lancer. Legend of the Lancer is a 2D MetoridVania game inspired by Mega Man X, Super Metroid, and Blaster Master. In this adventure you will control the character Sam Drexel "Drex" as he embarks on a quest to save his family and enter into the Legendary Jousting Tournament. You will embark into new towns as you try to claim victory in their tournaments, collect items for upgrades, defeat epic bosses and clear dungeons. We plan to setup a crowdfunding campaign for the first of October. Gorilla Press Games holds a licensing agreement with Sony to publish this title on PS3 and PS4. We also plan to launch simultaneously on PC/Mac/Linux platforms. Below is some early art and design. You can follow us on Twitter at @GorillaPressG. Thanks!

cyrohzin
Level 0

things go here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »

Cool horse robot thing! I look forward to more media updates, is this a linear (or somewhat linear) platformer?

Musician and game hobbyist<br />Cyrohzin.com
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »

We are taking the stance similar to Mega Man that you may clear and complete any Town/Dungeon/Level in whatever order you see fit. This will also play into the way what weapons you will use.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »

A non linear Metroidvania (without unintended sequence breaking) sounds cool.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
DarkSiegmeyer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »

Beautiful pixel art.  Would love to see it in motion - post videos of gameplay if you have them please!
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »

Video's coming soon. We should have the Pre-Alpha complete soon as we will be giving it out to backers. Thanks for the comments  Smiley
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »

Looking forward to seeing this in motion. Mega Man X is one of my favorite SNES games, and definitely has a lot to be inspired by.

PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 06:35:19 AM »

I will be posting a small gameplay video the end of this coming week. Cheers!
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

Hi all, I was hoping to have a video for you later this week but we decided to take a drastic turn in the development of the art direction. I would like to introduce you to our new design for our Main Protagonist and well as our new level design. If you compare to the earlier post you will see a massive change. Also, giving you a sneak peek at the first boss in the game. More to follow:

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 03:18:26 AM »

I thought it looked nice be4 too but this is great, much less flat but surely it will take more time to make too...

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »

Thanks! Here is small build test we did with the old artwork. Just to start building a foundation for the game. We have just hired a new animator that has worked on the recent Adventure Time 2 for Wayforward. The Animation in this test was from the previous animator as a test. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksc8S6FMDPQ&feature=youtu.be
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »

Will have a new update coming this week with more Art, Concepts, and Video Footage. We are gearing up the final steps for our Kickstarter Campaign in October.
ink.inc
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »

parallax in that vid doesnt make any sense; the big trees in the bg should not be sliding around faster than the foreground
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 05:41:43 AM »

Yea, it was just a test vid, you can see the changes in the upcoming build.
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »

Hi All, Got some update as we finalize this next video. We are building the world map which will layer with multiple images so we can expand this very large and actual effect towns as you progress in the game. Here is a draft of one of the images:

As we finished up the Tile-set for the forest we started the Cave Entrance and Tile-set. Here is what we have so far:

Another level we are currently designing is our Graveyard level. Here is a peak:

A couple of post back we annoucned that we would be revising the art for the game. We have been working hard and fast on new animations for our Main Character Sam Drexel. Take a look:

Lastly, Here is a sneak peek at our Kickstarter Banner:

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »

This is really looking good, can't wait to see more updates.

PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »

Nice Article by John Polson: http://indiegames.com/2013/10/legend_of_the_lancer_plans_to_.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IndependentGaming+%28Indie+Games%29
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »

...saw and read the news, amazing pixel-art and I like the non-linear gameplay. Smiley
Good stuff Wink

maugiub
Level 0

SYS 64738

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »

I like the colors very much. It reminds me of Leander, an amazing Amiga game.

Mauro Giubileo
SmashGrid Developer
http://www.giubileocreations.com
PaulGPG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

We decided to start digging a little bit deeper into the map design. It will be three maps connected at this same size. Should give you an idea how large our world will be.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic