Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:38:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFINAL ELEMENT | Trailer, news and more!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FINAL ELEMENT | Trailer, news and more!!  (Read 4894 times)
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »

Final Element
Final Element is a side scrolling beat'em up platformer.

Gameplay videos
Old trailer:

Even older gameplay video:

Keep in mind these videos are older gameplay footage and don't do the game justice to where it is currently. Also, the game is much smoother than it appears (60fps).

News
Hopefully very soon we can show you some new gameplay screens/videos - as quite a bit has changed Smiley. The game features amazing animations by Glauber Kotaki and beautiful tiles and backgrounds by Cyangmou. The awesome concept art you see below is by Jose Soto.

Stay up to date with us on...
Kickstarter Blog
Facebook
Twitter
IndieDB

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:08:39 PM by FE_Game » Logged

Conker534
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »

Wow its really pretty
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »

Wow its really pretty

Smiley

We'll try to get some recent screens / videos up as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:37:33 PM by FE_Game » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »

That is pretty cool looking. Kinda funny how detailed the portrait (card?) is for the characters, and then how small they are in-game. I like the style, though. Keep it up!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

Great visuals. Will be following.

Curious to what the arrows on the bottom right do?

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 02:16:49 AM »

Following Smiley carry on!
K1lo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »

I really love the art style!

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 04:41:41 AM »

I'm partial to pixelly games, but those portraits look fantastic too. Smiley

EDIT: And that music! Smiley
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »

Thankyou everyone, we appreciate the feedback a lot!! We're very glad to hear everyone likes the visuals / art style.

@SolarLune: I guess the character portraits are like boxart Tongue.

@Franklins Ghost: Smiley The arrows indicate when the player is doing an attack. When the player presses an attack key, the relevant key lights up, followed by some text showing the damage (if any!).

@trentg: I'll pass that onto the concept artist. Smiley
As for the music, I'm doing that Tongue, so it makes me happy that you like that also!

@karlozalb, K1lo: We appreciate this!! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:08:26 PM by FE_Game » Logged

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »

That pixel art  Addicted I humbly demand more screenshots...seriously, that looks great. Will it have action themed music like in the trailer?

FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 03:08:23 AM »

That pixel art  Addicted I humbly demand more screenshots...seriously, that looks great. Will it have action themed music like in the trailer?
Thankyou for the very nice comment Smiley.
We're hoping to have some new screenshots within the next 72 hours.

The music will be of a similar style to the trailer. Very action based, but moody at the same time Tongue. I've refined the music sound a lot since the trailer too. Each stage has multiple areas, and each area has its own music - so there is a lot of music :D.

gokimen
Level 0

Owyeah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 03:59:31 AM »

Looks badass and button smashingly fast Shocked maybe a multiplayer co-op or competitive will be a great addition Coffee

Check out the Ulingameworks team! Gentleman
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »

Looks badass and button smashingly fast Shocked maybe a multiplayer co-op or competitive will be a great addition Coffee

Hey, thanks Grin!

Both those multiplayer modes could definitely work well. At the moment we're not planning on having multiplayer - however it is something that could be a *possibility* for a game update, once the game is completed. A possibility Coffee.

FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 07:47:16 AM »

DevLog Update:
This DevLog Update will cover 3 topics and is more of an informational DevLog Update (as opposed to being a technical one):
  • Final Element
  • Semi-Reality
  • Shadow Traps

Final Element
Something has happened... it seems that the Earth has been sucked into a black hole!

In Final Element, play as either Ryou or Ryoko in a quest to find out what really happened. When the black hole hit, it shattered reality itself and you were given the ability to harness the elements. However you're not the only one, and the others aren't all friendly. Become a master of the elements, harnessing Space, Fire, Electricity, Water, Air, Earth and maybe a few secret elements as well. The future is in your hands.

Semi-Reality
As reality unravels, so do the laws that bind it. A new realm called Semi-Reality awaits if you happen to meet your end. Plagued with pits, traps, and winding platforms - things aren't always what they seem. You will need to escape from here in order to return back to reality.

Shadow Traps
So what are Shadow Traps you ask? Well to begin with, it helps to understand that Final Element is a platformer. At various points throughout the game you'll enter what are known as Shadow Traps. Shadow Traps occur when reality briefly meets with Semi-Reality. When you enter a Shadow Trap, the camera will lock to the specific Shadow Trap region and you will need to stand your ground against hoards of enemies. Very much alike a classic beat'em up!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:37:22 AM by FE_Game » Logged

wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:08 AM »

Biribiri!  :D

I don't think you meant it as a reference to Misaka from A Certain Scientific Railgun, but she seems quite similar.  Smiley

http://www.anime-contemplation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/EP1-Misaka-Railgun-Shoot.png
FE_Game
Level 0

FINAL ELEMENT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »

Biribiri!  :D

I don't think you meant it as a reference to Misaka from A Certain Scientific Railgun, but she seems quite similar.  Smiley

http://www.anime-contemplation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/EP1-Misaka-Railgun-Shoot.png

Yea, I'm pretty sure this definitely isn't intended to be a reference, but I can see the similarity with the electricity. Tongue

Criminon
Level 0

Creator of Final Element

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 10:52:40 PM »

Biribiri!  :D

I don't think you meant it as a reference to Misaka from A Certain Scientific Railgun, but she seems quite similar.  Smiley

Haha, it definitely wasn't intentional. A good thing to also note is players can swap out elements on the fly, so the relevance of her using electricity drops a bit!

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments, everyone!

Really hoping you all are looking forward to Final Element! I'm having a wonderful time developing it!

More pictures as requested!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:03:13 PM by Criminon » Logged
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 08:09:10 PM »

Sure, would love to see more. Smiley
Criminon
Level 0

Creator of Final Element

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »

I'm not sure if you saw the imgur link that I posted, but it has more pictures! Smiley
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 09:03:11 AM »

Oh, that looks really really good. I love it. Can't wait to see new gameplay footage. Coffee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic