Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:43:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsUnity3D 2D Game Tutorials
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity3D 2D Game Tutorials  (Read 4652 times)
rocket5tim
Level 0

outside the frame

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »

I think some of these might have been posted around here in different threads, but I thought I'd start a new one with all the tutorials in one place.  I've written a bunch of tutorials on how to make 2D games with Unity3D, most of them don't require any paid plugins for the sprite management or anything.

Skillswap: Making A 2 Player Game With Unity3D: Video from a workshop I did for Toronto Skillswap.  This one is the most recent and so the project has a more recent version of the plugins than the following tutorials so I suggest you start with this one first.

Make A 2D Game in Unity3D Using Only Free Tools Part 1: Introduction to the tools and Unity3D plugins we’ll use during the series.
Make A 2D Game with Unity3D Using Only Free Tools Part 2: Making sprites and building your first level.
Make A 2D Game With Unity3D Using Only Free Tools Part 3: Creating the animated player sprite and hooking up the control script.
Make A 2D Game With Unity3D Using Only Free Tools Part 4: Creating a “pickup” item, adding the scoring interface and hooking up the scoring scripts.
Make A 2D Game With Unity3D Using Only Free Tools Part5: Beginning Enemy AI With A* Pathfinding

There are also some older tutorials that use Sprite Manager 2 (paid), these are pretty out of date but there's probably still some useful info in there for people using Sprite Manager 2. Check out the tutorial page for those.

cvrlton
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »

Thank you! This couldn't have come at a better time, I was going to use Game Maker 'til 4.3 released but these tutorials mean I can jump in now  Smiley
rocket5tim
Level 0

outside the frame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »

Sure thing! Hope they help.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic