Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:28:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMighty No. 9
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Mighty No. 9  (Read 16773 times)
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »

Well, the newly donated money (so far) will be used for the english voice acting...

What is somewhat strange is their goal of $100.000 for the voiceover. An average hour of a recording session can cost around $2500. Even if you consider multiple takes, etc. 40 hours of recording session isn't a bit much, for an action platformer like this? I don't think it will be more dialogue heavy then any Megaman X games.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »

They'll probably have to do voices for all the robot masters, the ultimate villain, the hero, the female lead, etc. Though, that still doesn't quite come to the cost they're asking for. Maybe they intend to hire a bunch of known voice actors. That could explain why they need such a big budget.

Or, perhaps, it's all just a ploy to dig at Capcom executives to show them Megaman is still capable of raking in the cash.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »

Bill Murray and Lindsay Lohan in I Swear It's Not Mega Man Number 9: The Kickstarter
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »

If they hire Arnold Schwarzenegger to do the voiceover for Beck, I gonna donate $1000 without hesitation.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »

4 million is reasonable, because I assume the developers have their own place that should be pricey, paraphernalia and possibly quite a big team.

If there was only a person working in his bedroom at night, I'd be more suspicious.

Yeah.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »

Well, some of those guys are industry veterans and 'big names' (and they're actually two big teams), and they likely don't work for two cups of instant noodles per day.

...but honestly, I can't judge it if 4m is realistic or not.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »

I would understand if the game was a super complicated, epically long RPG and they would need more than 4 million bucks to pull it off. But for a straight rip of Mega Man with 3D graphics that indie games have been able to do for a couple thousand bucks (see also: A.R.E.S.) the idea of asking for more money suggests that something is very wrong. And before you say they're professionals and they can't eat ramen noodles while developing their game, note that their original goal was only NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND.

Even if they really do need the money, the prudent course of action would be to wait until the current finished version of Mighty No. 9 is complete before raising more money to add DLC. Right now it either seems like a cash grab or heinous mismanagement.

Note the "starter" in Kickstarter. It's supposed to jump start your project, not be the main mode of sales. Repeated Kickstarter campaigns before a game is released diminishes your credibility.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:48:05 PM by SundownKid » Logged

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

The amazing thing about projects is that they always grow to be just slightly bigger than your budget.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »

I loved the megaman games but the concept art for this game makes me hate it.
If they had said "we are making a new megaman game" and shown no visuals, I would have been more likely to back

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

I loved the megaman games but the concept art for this game makes me hate it.
If they had said "we are making a new megaman game" and shown no visuals, I would have been more likely to back

doesn't that underline the problem of marketing for kickstarter
Venomlemon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »

This game was actually the first Kickstarted project (and so far only) I've backed. Can't wait to play it!

Yo, stalk me on Twittter
_metamythical
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »

Shut up and let him make mega.. mighty 9 or whatever  No No NO

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »

Tho being the original creator, kinda gives him the right to rip-off Megaman. Besides, it's no different then the creation of another 56416th Megaman universe, which they already did at Crapcom.

But I didn't backed because of Megaman, I backed because Inti Creates & Inafune working on the game and designing the levels. ARES was nice, but Megaman 9 & 10 or Megaman Zero series are still a lot better.
But then, I'd also back a project by the devs of ARES.

45edftyu
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »

Crapcom

Cool Cool Cool
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:08 AM »

Tho being the original creator, kinda gives him the right to rip-off Megaman. Besides, it's no different then the creation of another 56416th Megaman universe, which they already did at Crapcom.

But I didn't backed because of Megaman, I backed because Inti Creates & Inafune working on the game and designing the levels. ARES was nice, but Megaman 9 & 10 or Megaman Zero series are still a lot better.
But then, I'd also back a project by the devs of ARES.

Is he the real creator of megaman ?
it's not someone called akira something ?

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:50 AM »

Hmmm...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193224

So after all, he is one the team who contributed to Megaman from the beginning, but not the creator. I'm suprised, wow!

Wikipedia names the creators as Akira Kitamura, Tokuro Fujiwara, Keiji Inafune. So I guess you're right.

It seems, it's something like what happened toBatman. Bob Kane came up with the idea, but actually Bill Finger was the one who suggested his classic design, and developed the character. Yet, he is uncredited.

Inafune was the designer of Zero.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »

osemu tezuka created megaman  Gentleman

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »

osemu tezuka created megaman  Gentleman

I see what you did there.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »

It seems, it's something like what happened toBatman. Bob Kane came up with the idea, but actually Bill Finger was the one who suggested his classic design, and developed the character. Yet, he is uncredited.
That sounds like the mess with Sonic, where the character was designed by Naoto Ooshima, but the game idea (and thereby a good chunk of Sonic himself) comes from Yuji Naka. It's no wonder people keep confusing the two.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »

Hmmm...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193224

So after all, he is one the team who contributed to Megaman from the beginning, but not the creator. I'm suprised, wow!

Wikipedia names the creators as Akira Kitamura, Tokuro Fujiwara, Keiji Inafune. So I guess you're right.

Inafune was the designer of Zero.

You guess well
Akira was the mentor of Inafune i think
Would love what he is doing today (if he is still alive)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic