Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:26:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJetpack Super Adventure Time [TIGJam:UK]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jetpack Super Adventure Time [TIGJam:UK]  (Read 4140 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2008, 06:18:28 PM »

This is the last of the "silly" games I worked on at TIGJam, though it is a bit more serious than the two Klik and Play ones. Things finished up kinda early on Sunday, so a couple of us went to a nearby hotel lounge to continue working, and we ended up collaborating on this.

Download Jetpack Super Adventure Time

One very cool thing to come out of this for me was that I've now learned how to use Game Maker - thanks to BenH talking me through it in London I have a new way to quickly prototype ideas! I've included the GM source with this, since I'm new to it - I'd really appreciate it if any GM users out there who play it could have a look and give me some pointers; there's lots of stuff I was just messing about with without really knowing the best GM way of doing things... (some things in particular; I had to split the background into 10 pieces, I had to write some basic collision and physics code myself, I couldn't work out how to get rid of that annoying screen tearing...)

Anyway, enjoy!

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 05:56:41 PM »

Great game Terry!  Good to hear that you're checking out GM now for prototyping!  And thanks for the source, as it's always nice to see how other people do things in GM.  Beer!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:03:31 PM »

Just finished skimming the source, and now I know how to play .oggs in GM games!  Beer!
Mightypea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »

So Terry, who made those wonderful pictures?  Well, hello there!

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »

Oh man, I was so sure I had the credits list in that post Shocked They're in the game, though Embarrassed Here's the readme:

JETPACK SUPER ADVENTURE TIME

Created at TIGJam:UK '08 by Terry, Increpare, Mightypea, Alteisentier and BenH. Get in touch with us at the TIGSource forums at http://forums.tigsource.com!

Created in Game Maker - source is included in the "source" folder.

architekt: Glad you found it useful Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic