Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:40:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSix Sides Of The World [PC]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Six Sides Of The World [PC]  (Read 5985 times)
Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »

During september I was preparing the game for a new contest, and I've taken a break during october (and also I got a flu). September month was very intense. So, at November 1st I returned to work on the game. I've been thinking on new ideas and some changes to create a better experience.

One of these changes are related to the black and white levels. Before the change, the gameplay of this levels was only trying to find the crystal to open the goal wormhole, navigating across a lot of uncolored teleports, so the levels were a little silly to play. Now I've created a special portal which looks like a stargate, and the player has to push the open buttons on the right order, so, now, the puzzle consist now in how to reach each button on the right order whithout pressing them more than two times.

The next step is to improve some gui elements and the loading times after a death, to build a Beta Demo to rise the GreenLight stats.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »

It has been a lot of time since the las update and a lot of work have been done since then, so I'll try to be short.

The game is going fine, and after summer I hope to finish it and publish it on Steam. It has been already greenlighted some months ago.

I wanted to launch on the first half of 2015, but some issues made it impossible, also, I wanted to polish the game as much as possible, and the game is just in that point of polishing. After some shwocases and test the user understand the levels, and can play them easily. At this time it will take about 4 to 5 hours to complete all the puzzles of the game, but I want to add some more to have the more complete experience you could find on the game.

So what's been done since November?

• Added more levels
  • Tweaked and polished all the game levels (at this time, 34)
  • Made the floating texts more noticeable
  • Improved the respawn system. Now it takes two seconds to restart the level. Before that we had to reload all the level, taking up to 15 seconds
  • Improved the level selection maps. It has been difficult to find a nice experience without breaking the system map concept
  • Some beta test and showcases to test the game against real players
  • Camera shake effect for explossions
  • Coded the wormhole colors, so you can figure out where they'll bring you
  • Added intro - outro animations to each level
  • Smoother camera movements

An here are some images from two of the newest levels

And also a

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 04:02:23 AM »

Another level done. 35 out of approximately 52. This was intended to be a level with laser mirrors, but their use was a nonsense. I like to make puzzles in which each element has its purpose and can't be replace for other element with similar functionality. As far as laser mirrors only can reflect lasers, if they can be replaced by a laser tower, their use makes feel the puzzle as something not rightly designed. So, it's harder to design puzzles where the use of mirrors are justified, but I think I have already found a way to design good puzzles with them.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 03:56:32 AM »

One of the design challenges was to add elementes which naturally fit on the space theme, like the satellites, and these are served in severeal flavours, like these mounting lasers. After them, we'll introduce satellites mounting mirrors to reflect lasers from the ground  and lights to enlighten the darkest levels.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »

This is one of the game tributes of the game. This level is thought as a pac-man level. Each side is communicated with the adjacent faces, and, at the same time, some lasers mounted on satellites try to destroy you. The easy puzzle only implies to avoid the lasers, but the hard puzzle also need to explore all the sides to press the buttons needed to switch on the teleports that will open the path to the second, and harder exit.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:42 AM »

One of the best things of the game world building is how versatile is. It allow us to create no only cubic planets, but also turn the surfaces inside out or just leave them floating on the space to create some special and visual interesting levels.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 03:33:01 AM »

Only three levels to finish the game and this is the latest mechanic added, the player can rotate the planets, and, like, in this case, rotate only a part.

Cyberon
Level 0

Be unstopable!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »

The game is now available on Steam. It took more time than the expected, but I'm very happy with the result. Will be released on January 20, 2016  Smiley

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384480/

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic