Guild of Dungeoneering
"Recruit adventurers to explore dungeons for the glory of your Guild. Build the dungeon room by room, fill it with monsters, traps and treasure .. and hope your dungeoneers have what it takes to return victorious!"
A dungeon exploration game where you don't get to control the adventurer. Instead you lay out the dungeon one room at a time (including treasure & monsters) and he proceeds according to his AI. You want him to explore, level up, find treasures and ultimately survive - but you don't get to directly control him.Playable link & pre-orders:Guild of Dungeoneering
(some handy instructions here
)Greenlight - help me onto steam!--> Greenlight <--Platforms:
At launch I intend to have a downloadable version for windows, mac (and hopefully linux), plus a web-playable free demo (flash). If the game turns out well I'll also publish it for ipad/android sometime after that. The game is built with AS3 and Flixel, and packaged into applications via AIR. The source for the alpha is here: https://github.com/clarkin/DungeoneeringArtist:
I'm working with a talented fellow called Fred Mangan
for all the artwork.Press:
Trailer:Gameplay Video (15 min w/ commentary):Latest screenshots:
- A very in depth interview with me about the game - ErraticGamer
How it looks in animated gif formTODO list:
- Dungeon goals. Starting a dungeon run will have a particular goal (eg find and kill boss monster X). Achieving that wins the dungeon run.
- Actual RPG elements (hero & monster stats, equipment)
- Hero levelling up & choosing a skill or perks
- Some sort of battle system (automated) using the stats & equipment above
- Better Hero AI. He should have some sort of goal (eg explore, escape). He should look further than one room ahead. He should show why he's picking a direction to you.
- More cards, more types of card in each deck. Eg in SEEK there will be random events related to exploration. Event style cards in all decks that have a random chance of X or Y (example, meet an NPC, chance of being helped or fighting them)
- An actual explanation of what you are meant to be doing (or better still, make it obvious)
- Hero AI personality, thinking of doing some fun stuff here like your hero randomly hates all rats and goes out of his way to hunt them. This kind of trait would be randomly generated when you get a new hero.
- Replace the rest of the placeholder art
- A strategic layer for in between dungeon exploration sessions (ie the Guild). Here you can recruit adventurers and choose which dungeon to tackle next.Keep in touch
If you like what you see subscribe to this devlog or like the game's facebook page
. You can also reach me on twitter: @gambrinous
. I would love feedback or suggestions!