Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:04:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Guild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]  (Read 88790 times)
ValerieAnne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »

I just stumbled upon your game through a Facebook post and I have to say I'm excited for this one! Looks very promising! Definitely will be following updates.
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »

POLISHING TIME! I decided to spruce up how the speech bubbles appear...

Eventually I plan to extend this level of animation/polish to every single part of the game :>

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2014, 03:30:17 PM »

Yeah top row font font FOR SURE. Everything else looks too comic sans.

I feel like most of the animations are too slow. It feels sooo slow, there seems to be a lot of time between stuff. Like the dude takes a while moves to the next square and the battles take a while because there is time between each attack.

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »

Just tried the playable version. It's cool, I'd have just made sure that you can cancel your choice by putting the card back to its original slot.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »

Yeah top row font font FOR SURE. Everything else looks too comic sans.

I feel like most of the animations are too slow. It feels sooo slow, there seems to be a lot of time between stuff. Like the dude takes a while moves to the next square and the battles take a while because there is time between each attack.
I'm certainly OK with a more thoughtful pace in general, it's never going to be a fast-moving game. That said, the hero's movement is badly done right now though (he sloooows down before reaching his destination), I'll make that much more snappy. The battle speed will be important for you to understand why your hero is winning or losing - but it will be much more animated (hero/monster token lunging at enemy when they attack, etc) which will make it feel less slow, if you know what I mean.

Just tried the playable version. It's cool, I'd have just made sure that you can cancel your choice by putting the card back to its original slot.
There's a cancel button that appears above and to the right of all the cards. It's actually on my TODO list to have it appear in the space where the card you clicked was, just like you suggest Tongue

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »

mmmm cool. That makes sense. You have good points. Sounds like you already know the problems and how to fix em.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »

Integrated the rather nice TweenLite library to give me easing functions to give speech bubbles a jaunty little bounce as they appear and disappear..

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2014, 10:53:22 AM »

Update: v0.6.6 Jan 22nd

Changes since the last version
- speech bubbles now appear/disappear with a totally sweet animation
- hero does an adorable little bounce when he's talking about where he's moving to next
- hero moves between tiles much more snappily
- colored card backgrounds, nicer card movement

Next up
- equippable weapons & armour (for real this time!)

Play this version: Browser (Flash)
Feedback very much welcomed!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:03 AM »

This feels so much better. The game is definitely snappier, though I'd like being able to dismiss speech bubbles with a simple mouse click.

I also like the improved cards' look. Eager to see some new gameplay mechanics now.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »

Just wanted to share an early set of sketches for the main character's look. I really like how Fred (the artist on Dungeoneering) does actual pen drawings first, considering the look we're going for.

Here's how he's looking in-game (we went for the middle concept!)

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »

Just to say I'm going to be increasing the cost of pre-orders at the end of January to $10. I'm not totally sure yet where the pricing is going to be at launch, but probably in the region of $20-25.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:24:52 AM by gambrinous » Logged

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »

Update: v0.6.7 Jan 28th

- hero now explains why you can't use a card you are trying to click on (eg - not enough HOPE/DREAD to play it yet). He also makes fun of you a bit Tongue
- HOPE/DREAD labels do a little attention-grabbing bulge when they change, and also when you don't have enough of one and click a card

Next up
- equippable weapons & armour (still!)

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »

Just tried the newest version, last version I tried was v0.6.3 Jan 12th.

Things feel much quicker and snappier now, feels really solid.

I also like the improved speech bubbles and colors for the cards.

It'll be interesting to see where you take this from here.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2014, 06:22:58 AM »

Cheers Rotondo, good to hear!

We're looking at adding colour to the tokens on the board. Here's what we're thinking right now:

Also making the pattern more part of the colour (and lighter).

What do you think?

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »

So the pre-order price is now $9.99 instead of $4.99. Thanks to everyone who  Hand Money Left Addicted pledged at the lower price (it's been $5 since I made pre-orders available at the end of October) - 32 people so far!

Vaxx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

If you don't overdo on the colors, then it adds a nice touch. Really looking forward to this.
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »

Update: v0.6.8 Feb 2nd

- cards now appear/disappear with a nice animation. When your hero is taking his turn, the cards now shrink down slightly offscreen, then move back up when it's time to play cards.
- this also made space for the stats to be in the bottom right area (on a little notepad scrap, like the current battle screen). There's also a picture of your hero there.
- added colour version of the tokens on the board when you place monsters & treasure. However this doesn't look as nice on the cards, as the card background is the same colour. I'll have to fix this up somehow (perhaps putting a white background in that area of the card).
- started work on equippable weapons/armour, but unfortunately nothing you can see in the playable version yet

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »

Some fun new stuff in from the art team. Facial expressions so your dungeoneer isn't always grinning vacantly like a loon. And a female dungeoneer option. Here's a couple of tokens shown with some of the weapons/armour equipped..

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2014, 04:35:26 AM »

Some press from indiegames.com:
http://indiegames.com/2014/02/see_what_three_months_work_has.html

This came out of #screenshotsaturday on twitter. I haven't made a push for press yet but I plan to in a week or two once the alpha is just a little bit more polished & I've made a gameplay video. Super nice when places write about you without being prompted to though!  Grin

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »

More press, this time from Rock Paper Shotgun:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/05/artificial-adventurers-guild-of-dungeoneering/

Gentleman

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic