Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411483 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:48:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[first beta test] Heart2Heart - mirror mechanics puzzle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [first beta test] Heart2Heart - mirror mechanics puzzle  (Read 3838 times)
closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:33:10 AM »

Hello, my name is Anton Drebot and I have a small team making a game for a while.

It’s a very simple game. Collecting stars, overcoming obstacles, hurrying up to the exit – everything is pretty usual, except one thing. There are two heroes and they’re inseparably connected. Wherever the former goes, the latter copies everything like a reflection in a mirror. And this turns the game from the ordinary arcade into a puzzle.

Every level is a problem to solve. Heroes must arrive to their heart pieces simultaneously; the pieces are scattered on both sides of their bewitched world. The spell will be broken and the lovers will be together! But not for a long time – until the next level.

The game's name was inspired by the moment when heroes find their hearts simultaneously. The pieces reunite and so Heart-to-Heart appears. But the goal is not so easy to reach. One wrong step and the hero falls into the pit. So to complete the task you need to displace heroes relative to each other with the help of the walls of the labyrinth.

Running animation close-up

There are several worlds in H2H. Each world has it's own set of puzzles with unique set of logic elements. Moving platform is one of such elements for the first world Yellow Stone.

One former's step from cell to cell equals the whole latter's ride by the moving platform. And it doesn't matter how far the trip is.
So here is in the example we can see that the 5-cell distance from left to right for the princess equals only two cells for the prince.

Simple level example:

Some GIFs with gameplay.

That's how controls work.
You touch the cell you need. The character goes to the cell if the movement is available (the cell colors with green). Mirror movement will be applied to the second character.
If it's not available - the cell colors with red and the characters stand still.

Characters will not move until you release the finger.

The level with three touches:

Platforms: iOS, Android.

More about Heart2Heart
If you like the game please like it on facebook =)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:37:33 AM by closefm » Logged

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:46:47 AM »

Wow, lovely looking graphics and interesting mechanics! Will definitely give this a whirl!
closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »

Wow, lovely looking graphics and interesting mechanics! Will definitely give this a whirl!

Thanx CasePortman (=

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »

No problem, I sent you a private message btw, check your PM box. Smiley
closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:15:31 AM »

So, some GIFs are ready.

That's how controls work.
You touch the cell you need. The character goes to the cell if the movement is available (the cell colors with green). Mirror movement will be applied to the second character.
If it's not available - the cell colors with red and the characters stand still.

Characters will not move until you release the finger.

The level with three touches:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:45:47 PM by closefm » Logged

Purcy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »

Graphics are really solid, would love to play this on iOS
closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »

Graphics are really solid, would love to play this on iOS
Thank you! Trying to finish it as quickly as possible. But of course without compromising game quality)

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »

Interesting gameplay idea and very cute'n'solid graphics. Like it. Smiley

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 03:34:25 AM »

Wow it looks great Kiss
Gameplay reminds me of Binary Land. Best of luck with this

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »

Interesting gameplay idea and very cute'n'solid graphics. Like it. Smiley
Thank you! Very nice to hear  Smiley

Wow it looks great Kiss
Gameplay reminds me of Binary Land. Best of luck with this
Thanks a lot! =)
Actually the game was really inspired by Binary Land. Here I describe how the idea came: http://antondrebot.com/en/2013/09/30/heart2heart/

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 02:07:54 AM »

There are several worlds in H2H. Each world has it's own set of puzzles with unique set of logic elements. Moving platform is one of such elements for the first world Yellow Stone.

One former's step from cell to cell equals the whole latter's ride by the moving platform. And it doesn't matter how far the trip is.
So here is in the example we can see that the 5-cell distance from left to right for the princess equals only two cells for the prince.

Simple level example:

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 01:17:10 AM »

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »

Hand Any Key Hello, everybody!

We would like to make a first public test of the game and we will be happy if you participate in.

There will be two versions - for iOS and android. If you would like to play the game on your iDevice just drop me a message to PM with your e-mail and udid and I'll send you the build.
The android version will be avaliable for everyone.

We apologize in advance but the amount of copies we can make for iOS are very limited so unfortunately we can't send the copies to everybody.

The build will be ready for testing in about day or two.

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

Hand Any Key At last!

We would like to make a first public test of the game and we will be happy if you participate in. Here is a link to android version:

If you need iOS version you can send me to PM your UDID and e-mail.

It’s hard to know what the game really is when you make it without feedback. Please, try it and write us a line what do you think about it. We need you to make the game better.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:47:18 AM by closefm » Logged

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »

At last!
Gameplay video:

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 04:24:47 AM »

I downloaded and played the game. FYI, the link you've got in both posts has " marks around it, which makes it appear to be a dead link, but if one removes the quotes it works.

It's an interesting enough game concept.  I was able to perfect 7 of 14 levels in the first attempt, which is good, I would hope I couldn't perfect all of them the first time.  I was able to complete level 14 in 6 of 9 steps, so you may want to adjust that one =)

I'm pretty sure the menus aren't "complete" at this point, but my only critique would be that the menu could use a bit more life. Animated backgrounds, particle effects, something more. Other than that, I think you guys are doing it right =)

And in case you're trying to keep up with what devices it's been tested on, I played it on a Samsung Galaxy S3, particularly model SGH-I747.  There are 13 different Galaxy S3 models out there with many different CPU/GPU combinations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III#Model_variants

closefm
Level 0

antondrebot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »

I downloaded and played the game. FYI, the link you've got in both posts has " marks around it, which makes it appear to be a dead link, but if one removes the quotes it works.

It's an interesting enough game concept.  I was able to perfect 7 of 14 levels in the first attempt, which is good, I would hope I couldn't perfect all of them the first time.  I was able to complete level 14 in 6 of 9 steps, so you may want to adjust that one =)

I'm pretty sure the menus aren't "complete" at this point, but my only critique would be that the menu could use a bit more life. Animated backgrounds, particle effects, something more. Other than that, I think you guys are doing it right =)

And in case you're trying to keep up with what devices it's been tested on, I played it on a Samsung Galaxy S3, particularly model SGH-I747.  There are 13 different Galaxy S3 models out there with many different CPU/GPU combinations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III#Model_variants

Thank you very much for so detailed review!

Level 14 in 6 steps?? - I'm a bad game designer)) Thanks for that, sure, I'll correct it.
And you're right about nenus, they are not complete. We'll make it less dead =)
The phone model also is very important.

Stay tuned!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic