Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:00:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBarony: 3D Multiplayer Roguelke
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Barony: 3D Multiplayer Roguelke  (Read 16519 times)
SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »

Every few levels the environment in Barony changes to reflect your progress. The area shown here is the Swamp, a location known for lush scenery, an abundance of water, and several deadly traps that were set in a bygone era.

The creature standing before the bridge in this shot is a goblin; goblins are not intelligent creatures, but their resourcefulness is nonetheless not to be underestimated. Although this one moves alone, most goblins travel about in small bands, and they are all more than capable of searching for and wielding weapons and armor as humans do.

It seems the one in this picture has found himself a leather cap and mace. One can only guess what he intends to do with them.

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 04:47:21 PM »

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sure you're all thinking this project must be dead in the water at this point, right?

The answer to that question is, not in the least.

While real life obligations don't always permit us to work on Barony as much as we'd like to, progress hasn't slowed by any considerable amount over the past couple months. If anything, things have gotten faster as we've overhauled the graphics engine, begun drafting a kickstarter to fund the project's continued development, and implemented new features that bring us just that much closer to version 1.0.

That being said, here are some shots of the game's new graphics engine:

We're personally very excited about these improvements, as among other things our new rendering mode gives us:
  • Smoother lighting
  • More precise texture mapping
  • Increased speed
  • Better defined models

That's all for now! Remember to hang in there while we continue working on our upcoming kickstarter campaign!

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 07:21:50 PM »

The Time Has Come.

As of right now, we are launching a brand new Kickstarter Campaign to fund Barony's continued development. You can check it out right here, right now by clicking this link.

Feel free to take your time and give it a good look - we've got tons of awesome features planned for the game, cool rewards, screenshots, a new trailer, and other things to pique your interest. If you have any questions, please give us a shout!

Thanks for your time, and be sure to tell all of your friends about us!

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 12:58:27 AM »

Good luck on the Kickstarter!
SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »

To help replenish interest in our Kickstarter we've busted our butts over the past week to release a public alpha of Barony. So here it is!

Download (15.3mb)

It's not perfect - there are currently a ton of missing features in this limited alpha. But we feel if anything should convince someone to take interest in our game, it would be the simple chance to give the game a shot and see what it's like for yourself.

All that being said, when you're done playing it, please tell us what you think! And please also consider backing our Kickstarter. Up until this point we haven't been able to get much support for it, but if you like our game, backing our kickstarter is the absolute best way you have to show that you support us!

Thank you, and enjoy!

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »

Unfortunately, our kickstarter failed some months ago, but we're neither down nor out regardless. Instead, over the past two months we've soldiered on with the game and have since begun releasing biweekly alphas on our official website, which you can find here:
http://www.baronygame.com/

For those of you who are interested in following this game, I suggest you check back there every once and awhile to see how far we've come. We're making progress on the game all the time.

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

Today I thought I'd like to show you all the troll creature we've been working on for the game:

Rotated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y5tpbb4n0ojq0c/troll.mp4

This model is still a bit rough, but for our troll we were going for a pretty unusual appearance and I think we nailed that pretty nicely. In game the creature stands head and shoulders above everything else in the dungeon and, being able to crash through walls, will make for a very overwhelming foe should you ever be foolish enough to disturb one.

On a separate note, we also released a new trailer for Barony today. It can be seen here:

For those who have been keeping close track of the game, this trailer does not showcase any particularly "new" features, but it is nonetheless a big update over our last videos and demonstrates many of the changes we've made to the game over the months... so check it out!

Cheers.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 05:47:01 AM »

Hey man, I'm still following the game. I don't get why this isn't getting more attention. The style is awesome and the concept is too. They ain't ready for it yet!

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »

That's kind and encouraging, thanks. =) We are our own worst critics so kind words are always appreciated.

On a separate note, we're gearing up to release another demo again in a few days, so everyone stay tuned. =)

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »

So, I'm making an age old bump on this thread because I have some important news I'd like to share with you guys.

We've submitted Barony to the IGF, so we'll be competing against all the other games next year for prizes, attention and what-not!

And if any of you are wondering why we haven't been active here at all... most of our blog posts and such have established a new home base at our own website. Specifically, our news page:
http://baronygame.com/news/

As well as our official forums:
http://baronygame.com/forums/

Totally check those out sometime, if you're interested. We've been building Barony from the ground up since day one and by this point (one and a half years into the project) we have a metric ton of work accumulated on the game.

If you haven't played the game - GIVE IT A SHOT! Smiley We want YOUR feedback.

That is all.

(random screenshot because I felt like it)

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

Hey all, random update just because I felt like it:

For those of you who have forgotten about us... guess what, we are still working on Barony! And what's more, we are after two years of development *finally* beginning to approach a final release date. I can't tell you what that is exactly yet... but it's coming soon.

Also, to those of you who watched this thread ages ago: sorry if I let you down by not posting here, though we've been very active working on the game and have posted about our progress on other platforms. If you want to keep up to date on our latest progress, you are more welcome to follow our team account on Twitter, where we post small updates of our progress every few days. Follow us and we'll follow you back! Smiley

That's all for now... keep on keeping on everybody!

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »

Hello everyone,

Just to let you all know: as of this post, we are ALMOST DONE with Barony! It's been a long two years, but within a month (that is, sometime in April) we plan to have the entire game done. Whew!

Our plan is to release the game first through our website with the Humble Widget, and simultaneously launch a Greenlight campaign to get the game on Steam sometime in the following months. We're hoping that that will enable us to funnel all the unique visitor traffic we get through our Greenlight campaign to our website so we can get some early sales and generate some word of mouth too. But aside from that, we're not counting on getting a whole lot of publicity from The Media At Large, so if you appreciate this project and the work we've put into it, we just ask that you keep us in mind over the coming weeks.

Barony is coming soon!

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 05:55:06 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are now taking preorders for Barony on our website. On release, we also intend to launch a greenlight campaign to get the game on Steam.

To coincide with this event, we've also released a new announcement trailer:

Check it out! :D

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »

New update! Barony's Greenlight campaign has officially been launched!

(click the image to see it) Smiley

As I mentioned in our last post, we had been planning to do this on release, but since the Twitch community has caught wind of our game and begun regularly streaming it every night we decided it was foolish to waste any opportunity for votes. So we went ahead and launched the greenlight.

Please check it out! There's loads of cool stuff there, including previews from streamers, the official soundtrack (which you can get for FREE) and more. And if you like us... vote us up! We deeply, sincerely, seriously appreciate it!

That's all. Have a nice day everyone!

EDIT: I almost forgot: two streamers in particular who have been playing the game a lot recently are listed below:
http://www.twitch.tv/jacklifear
http://www.twitch.tv/highsight

If you're curious about the game, I encourage you to take a peek in one of those channels sometime to catch a preview of some very very recent Barony gameplay.

Okay, now I'm done! Cheers everybody.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:28:07 PM by SheridanR » Logged

SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

Hello once again everybody! I'm returning to this thread one final time to announce that Barony is finally finished. As of today, the game has been released through our website to a very positive though limited reception. If you haven't already, you can get a copy of the game through our website:

http://baronygame.com/

It's been a long two years... but, wow. It's finally finished.

If you run a game blog or news site and think that's interesting, shoot me a message, because I'd love to give thoughts on the game now that it's done.

To everyone else: thank you infinitely for the help and support, and stay tuned for updates, because there are many additions we'd like to make to barony even after the fact, and this is certainly not the last game I ever intend to make. Smiley

Cheers,

- Sheridan

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 03:53:58 PM »

Congratulations. Will grab a copy as soon as I get some time to actually play games Smiley

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Squishymonster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:10 AM »

I just discovered this game today and I love it! i would love to see it get more attention. I am constantly searching for stuff like this so I'm surprised I accidentally stumbled upon it. I wonder if anything can be done to increase visibility.

It's a great game and worth checking out.
SheridanR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »

Congrats for finding it, haha!

Yeah, I basically stopped making posts here because this thread more or less stopped receiving any attention whatsoever. Sad

But despite the fact that the game has been out for almost a whole year, we are days away from releasing a major major update that will replace ALL of the game's current art as well as add a host of new features.

If you have the game on Steam you can actually get a beta of the update now. You can read about that here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/371970/announcements/detail/698424298270300261

Cheers!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic