Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 08:24:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32034 times)
Gnarf
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »

Luckily you can skip everything except the ending animation about what it means to be human, right? :D

I love it when being able to skip parts of a game is a good thing. Even luckilier, you can not buy the game and then not play it. It's actually a pretty fun game if you skip the dreadful bits and just read about it in I Like Cake's posts.

Also I've never really liked Sonic. Hedgehogs are really pretty but that one is just ugly :\ And it looks all tacky and ew. Not that I've really played any of the games or anything, but looking at screenshots make me yearn for some gritty brown and grey. The little animals that hops about when you've cleared something something are neat though.
Seth
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2008, 09:07:33 AM »

I've been struggling and struggling to think of a game I hate but I can't!  There must be at least one!  I'm very grumpy!
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:09 PM »

I just remembered Eternal Champions. It was absurdly hard and unbalanced. Most characters where boring. And it was impossible to do special moves.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »

I've heard the newest one is actually pretty good when you play as Sonic, actually. The other part of the game, I don't know, some people hate it and some don't. Of, coure, there's no giant retard cat who lets you fish, either  Roll Eyes .

Has anyone tried it?
The game would be as awesome as all hell if there were no werewolf levels. I like the soundtrack, but miss the original rock style it had. So it was good nothing too great.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »

I've heard the newest one is actually pretty good when you play as Sonic, actually. The other part of the game, I don't know, some people hate it and some don't. Of, coure, there's no giant retard cat who lets you fish, either  Roll Eyes .

Has anyone tried it?
The game would be as awesome as all hell if there were no werewolf levels. I like the soundtrack, but miss the original rock style it had. So it was good nothing too great.

I don't like the look of it personally. Not art wise, I actually like the new level theme scheme. What bothers me is the same thing as in every other 3D Sonic game, the camera. You can't play at that speed in three dimensions of movement when the camera is flapping around like a schizophrenic fish on acid trying to give the best shot of the action. I think the combat sections are going to be mediocre, but utter relief after struggling to not accidentally run off the edge of the level for the 30th time because the camera suddenly swung around AGAIN. It annoys me even more that Sega keep on talking about using a 2.5d camera. Yeah sure, for like 5 seconds before it swings back into crack mode. Hell, they've even sunk to using simple active time events to simplify fighting the camera. Don't push left (you wouldn't be able to work out where left is anyway), hit X,Y,B,B and Sonic will do this crazy ass animation...

Ok, I'll stop ranting now. I'm reserving final judgment until I've played the game myself. It could just be that the videos are cut by someone who LOVES doing billions of flash cuts to make the game look more 'dynamic'. On a side note, the Seven Rings sequal, the Black Knight looks like it might be pretty good. The story will be horrific, but I dug the whole Sonic as a racing game thing in Seven Rings.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »

Luckily you can skip everything except the ending animation about what it means to be human, right? :D

Oh Hideo Kojima, when will you finally tell us what it means to feel asleep?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »

I think you are too hard on MGS. Sure there is a bit of pretentious philosophy in it, but that's definitely not what comes to mind first when I think of the series. I mean, in actual screentime, philosophy must come in a long way behind such subjects as 'explosions' 'tits' 'ridiculous anime villains' and 'haha gay people'.

jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »

I only hate awfully bad games that let you feel their developers had no intent on doing anything good or worthwhile, like the PC port of Resident Evil 4. I also dislike machismo games because I dislike machismo, best example being Gears of War.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2008, 07:58:49 AM »

Oh Hideo Kojima, when will you finally tell us what it means to feel asleep?
It means screwing up grammar. Seriously man it's the first thing Kojima taught us, how could you forget?
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2008, 08:11:04 AM »

Sewer Shark. (I think I mentioned this in another thread.) Horrible controls, butt-ugly graphics, and dull, repetitive gameplay interspersed with some of the most poorly-acted cut scenes in video game history.

jute
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »

I just remembered Eternal Champions. It was absurdly hard and unbalanced. Most characters where boring. And it was impossible to do special moves.

I thought Eternal Champions was great, especially the Sega CD version.  Maybe you should watch this video:

And how can a game where you can play as a caveman, vampire, cyborg, pirate, politican, chicken, owl, snake, dog or monkey be said to have boring characters?

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »

Heheh... I think the game's best part was the absurd secret characters in the Sega CD version.  Like the chicken who had a special move where a farmer runs by and lops off her head...  And the politician who had moves such as "orate" and "veto"... and whose taunt was "Citizen!"

...But overall, it was a pretty weak fighting game.  Not that I'd know fighting games.
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »

I got to mention Assasin's Creed. It is incredibly repetitive, looks like if it had just ine escenario, and has boring unskippable cutscenes. And the worst, before hating it, I actually thought it was good.

I thought Eternal Champions was great, especially the Sega CD version.  Maybe you should watch this video:

And how can a game where you can play as a caveman, vampire, cyborg, pirate, politican, chicken, owl, snake, dog or monkey be said to have boring characters?

The fatalities ain't bad, but don't make it up for the crappy gameplay. And the characters, none of them had anything special to them, something to make them real good.

Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

guitar hero *really* irritates me rock band not as much but both i dont like.

I love DDR/In The Groove but I hate Guitar Hero and ESPECIALLY Rock Band or any other game that encourages my ex's friends to sing. x_x  I also resent them for not having a piano instrument, but mainly just think it's useless.  It's like DDR without the exercise!

Rayman 1 I liked until I discovered how evil it was...  Lady Sia is pretty bad.
I CANNOT stand the characters in Tales of the Abyss!

Also, from my first impressions of all the community whatever-they're-called xbox games that are mostly amatuer, I think I hate all those too.  Except Sin (surfing).

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2008, 05:32:08 AM »

I got to mention Assasin's Creed. It is incredibly repetitive, looks like if it had just ine escenario, and has boring unskippable cutscenes. And the worst, before hating it, I actually thought it was good.

The thing that annoyed me most about Assassins Creed was the misleading title; because it was impossible to do an assassination the way you wanted to, I would carefully scout each target trying to find the best place to attack from, only to be forced to go stand in the right spot to trigger a cut scene. It should have been called "Free Running Away from the City Guards Creed" or something.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2008, 06:27:31 AM »

I love DDR/In The Groove but I hate Guitar Hero and ESPECIALLY Rock Band or any other game that encourages my ex's friends to sing. x_x  I also resent them for not having a piano instrument, but mainly just think it's useless.  It's like DDR without the exercise!
Mental Note: Build square FoF guitar.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

Mental Note: Build  Dance X2 !REVOLT control pad for use with FoF.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »

Mental Note: Build  Dance X2 !REVOLT control pad for use with FoF.
That would be... difficult. Maybe the amount of taps indicate the next note to play, meaning notes would be played automatically, though I would have to choose which one.
Corpus
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »

No hate.

Only love.
Jolli
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »

i don't understand why anyone would hate the games listed so far x;
I find some games that I don't like to play but there's something to like about each one of them so ya

but i do hate people who trash a game for it's story or OMG BROWN art direction

and i lie, i hate battle field bad company
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic