Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:01:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32036 times)
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »

Hearthstone

Mainly because I sucked at it (but that's a reason as good as any, right?) and every match seemed so unfair because I only got shitty cards. Got to level 18 then plummeted back to 21 in one swift serie of losses. Uninstalled it after that. Never looked back.

Good riddance!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:06:40 AM by Eigen » Logged

Conker534
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »

Aw I really like Hearthstone.

You should really give it another try, some days RNG can really mess with you but if you look up some decklists that are cheap you will start to learn and enjoy the game :D
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »

online games because they tie me up so that i can't leave for x minutes and if i have to everyone turns into an angry 5-year-old

makehimanoffer
Level 0

I make good games, I swear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2014, 03:12:01 PM »

I really really dislike the Prince Of Persia with the pretty artstyle and repetitive as shit one button gameplay, bullshit no dying in a way that kills all immersion and then becomes a collectathon following bossfight of enemies. Plus, let's not forget that the ending was DLC.

I really really liked the new Tomb Raider. I found the climbing to be awesome with the axe, and the combat though very flooded, was cool and I really liked using the bow. It had it's issues, but I felt that some of the "I don't like killing and am traumatised" to "I'm gonna murder everyone" within a few seconds make it feel like a real B-Movie. The story was coolish, if a bit Uncharted. But overall a very fun game.

Not everything you call a game is a game. We need new definitions. We need interactive experiences. Short Interactions. And Games. Otherwise I'll accidentally end up playing a 'not game' and bitch about it on the internet.
jiitype
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »

I really really dislike the Prince Of Persia with the pretty artstyle and repetitive as shit one button gameplay, bullshit no dying in a way that kills all immersion
How does it kill the immersion? Elika helps the prince with double jumps and stuff anyways

I really liked PoP 2008...
majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »

I really really dislike the Prince Of Persia with the pretty artstyle and repetitive as shit one button gameplay, bullshit no dying in a way that kills all immersion
How does it kill the immersion? Elika helps the prince with double jumps and stuff anyways

I really liked PoP 2008...

I don't get anyone's problem with 2008, it's a game that returns to old school POP fair. Deaths just seem less punishing because of the quick reloads disguised as elika saving the prince. It's really not that bad as people make it out to be.

I really REALLY hate the MK series. I find absolutely no joy playing them. Like what was ed boon THINKING with having a button as block?

W H Y   M E
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »

POP 2008 did have some lousy progression with the collect-a-thon mechanics. Two of the unlockable powers were just lock-and-key without any interaction. I actually disliked the DLC because I thought the original (non DLC) ending was stronger without it. The fights were kind of repetitious, too.

Dying was penalized because it recharged boss health, and dying too much prevented you from getting an achievement, which was great balance to me. Having to replay a level to collect the magic sparkles again would suck anyway.

POP 2008 was still an awesome game with a great female lead and gorgeous visuals.

I thought Final Fantasy Tactics was a really lousy game overall despite my closest friends liking it so much. The characters were bland and forgettable (the three prince brothers were impossible to tell apart, a textbook example of using silhouettes to gauge readability), the number of fighters you could bring with you was too tiny to explore all the classes, and the story of war going on behind the adventure to collect the magic stones was arbitrary and uninteresting. Tactics Ogre and Vandal Hearts were far superior but forgotten against the might of the Final Fantasy franchise.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »

Dark Souls 2.

It's utterly broken at 60FPS, rolling is a stat, and it's got spin2win enemies and shockwaves on top of piss poor level and boss design, as well as BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
shadowrevolution
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 31, 2014, 10:11:33 AM »

Open Season: The Video Game. And Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005.

They sucked.

And, also, Sonic Heroes (PS2) I loved it for a while, and then... I would have loved the other versions.

Sonic Heroes PS2
|
|
|
 Shocked Cry

suny
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »

Open Season: The Video Game. And Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005.
They sucked.

I worked on Open Season.
But yeah, it sucked a lot  Smiley

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »

Haha, at least you've got the macho to accept that something you worked on was back.

I enjoyed PoP 2008. It was pretty easy but I thought there was a very strong sense of scale and motion present. It was always cool to complete a lot segment of continuous actions, finally get to a platform, look back from where you came and take in the obstacles you just overcame. The art direction was seriously on-point in that game, so sightseeing was very enjoyable. Also like SirNiko says Elika is fantastic female character. She is attractive but not hyper-sexualised, on the same level as the protagonist, has a relationship with him that isn't explicitly romantic and has human flaws.

I recently played Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I Don't Know on the 3DS and it was abominable. Has a framerate of something like 15 fps, incredibly ugly 3D models that are missing textures, incoherent and utterly uninteresting level generation, and some of the most boring gameplay ever, consisting of an hour or more of just trawling through identical floors fighting 2 types of enemies. The sound was muddy as shit, too, like playing the game on an old Nokia phone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:25:18 AM by Praying Mantis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic