Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:27:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!  (Read 33838 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »

18 but have an option for all of them if possible!

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
primaerfunktion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »

Neat looking game - voted for it on Greenlight! And I'd prefer 1 but I like all of them.  Shrug

RK3000 - A city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.
DevlogIndieDB

twitter.com/primaerfunktion
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »

For me it's a tie between 10 and 13 with maybe 1 following closely behind.

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »

Eheheheh. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm having a hard time choosing as well. That's good right? Means that I can hardly do a bad choice Tongue

On STEAM »
Bobert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »

personally i'm a fan of hairstyles 9, 4, and 13. 9 is probably the best

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2014, 01:20:55 AM »

A quick update!

We have an upcoming build and needed some character portraits. So I made some of Bob and his boss, the Hand.

The hand is kinda like the villain in Inspector Gadget. You only see his hands. The face of greed is no face at all Tongue

It turns out that giving a drawing of a hand some character is kinda hard. I made some sketches before I got something decent.

As for Kate, I'm going to tally the votes and see which one will I put in the game. She should be running and shooting today.

Oh, and for those who missed. Please pretty please visit us on Greenlight Smiley Thanks! 

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2014, 03:13:55 AM »

Kate had to under go some changes in order to fit in Bob's skeleton. Had to ditch those baggy pants cause that would have been hard to animate as is. I've been tweaking the assets in order to get he running in the game properly.

Click the pic to see the vine Smiley

This is kate with the exact same color scheme as Bob.

And these are some rough sketches of her clothing and color schemes. I'm really bad at color. Also I can't get to much detail on the character cause of the size of the sprites. Wanted to do some knee pads but they don't work very well in the animation.

I know it's rough but any favorites?

On STEAM »
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »

I know it's rough but any favorites?

Hmm...I can't even figure out why, but I'd say I like 2 the most. I think I like the black/red bottom and the blue is definitely less boring than white for the shirt. They all look great, though.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »

Wow, it's been long... We were at a game expo and got some amazing feedback. People are having fun with Greedy Guns, and that's the main thing :D

One of the recurring remarks is the lack of decors and variation.

This is how it looks now in a very sparse level. We can't have this. So I got some research going and looked at the amazing Frogatto and Friends, Iconoclasts, and Owl Boy. Had to rethink the way I was adding decor to the levels among other things (more on that on the blog post).

Here's some mockups. Basicaly I want to be able to tint and color some tilesets to maximize their use throughout the game.

With a little tint I got an Autumn looking tileset. Sweet.

That's it for today. What do you think? Feedback is always welcomed :D

On STEAM »
Savick
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »

Gosh, that's some nice background art. Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right
Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »

First mockup area looks pretty awesome! And so do the hand sketches  Smiley Just voted on greenlight, definitely deserves to get through.
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2014, 02:50:30 AM »

First mockup area looks pretty awesome! And so do the hand sketches  Smiley Just voted on greenlight, definitely deserves to get through.

Thanks for the vote! :D We'll try not to disappoint

Gosh, that's some nice background art. Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right

:D We love praise. At least I do. Makes me feel warm inside and shines away the insecurities Smiley Thanks for taking the time to reply!

While I'm at it here's a recent WIP. Should finish this up today. Trying to get a nice background tileset with then swamp like vegetation and some big purple decor leafs to cut it up a bit.

Wish me luck.

Btw, We'll be in Porto for Comicon(Portugal) so if you're around looks us up and play some Greedy Guns

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2014, 03:50:39 AM »

Quick update!

We added some fX to co-op and some changes overall. We where having issues on our latest test play @Lisbon Games Week and so this time, for Comic Con Portugal we want these issues all ironed out!

So here are the major ones:

• The second player could be off camera and go through a door, making both players go through a door without knowing why
  • A player could get locked inside an arena or boss battle while the other got locked out.
  • Both players having to use the store to equip items wasn’t clear

So we drank some chocolate flavored milk and soy beverage and got to thinking. Then because we couldn’t get any ideas we resorted to stealing some Tongue . So off we went to replay Trine 2 and Guacameelle. What we came up with was the following:

• Player 2 no longer triggers anything (boss battles, doors opening or closing)
  • When player one triggers an important event player two gets teleport there (see pic below)

There's also something about picking up a token that turns player 2 into player one when the other dies. Will explain that later.

And now for the shameless plug. Check out Greelight pretty please  Embarrassed

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »

ahhhhh crap. So after Comic Con Portugal I decided it was time to ad more variety to the tileset and make it easier to add detail and decorations. Over 20 hours of work later I got an incomplete tileset that's worse than the one I had... rats...

Before -

After -

With more detail came more repetition. I also redid all the dirt tiles and inside just to realise that what I had was better. Oh well.

I even tried something in between but I think I'm going to go back to the old tileset minus the repetitious vines. Will make those seperate decoration tiles.

What did I learn out of all of this? Don't know. I was on a roll. 18 hours of tile work! Down the drain. Oh well, at least it was fun while it lasted. And I learned somthing. Maybe. Not sure.

Back to wrok I guess

On STEAM »
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I think they all work well. If you used each one for a different section of a level, I think it would be cool.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2014, 10:25:28 PM »

I must agree with you. your original tile set is nicer, not so busy. but i do like the work you did on the new tile set, its just too much. would it be possible to randomly use one of your new tiles, or do they not fit together with the old ones? I believe a little variation would be nice, but it cant all be variation Wink

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

I must agree with you. your original tile set is nicer, not so busy. but i do like the work you did on the new tile set, its just too much. would it be possible to randomly use one of your new tiles, or do they not fit together with the old ones? I believe a little variation would be nice, but it cant all be variation Wink

Ahhh, they wouldnt fit unfortunatly. Thanks for the feedback :D

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I think they all work well. If you used each one for a different section of a level, I think it would be cool.

Thanks! I went along and made some changes and ended up doing a new tileset for a new area, the swamp. it's still wip but it's getting there. 

On STEAM »
Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

I actually like the last variation of the Jungle tiles you have. If you create a more plain tile or like the others have said, mix it up between the old and the new tilesets and see how it looks

I'm really liking the Swamp! The colours work well and the extra plants give some good variety 
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »

I actually like the last variation of the Jungle tiles you have. If you create a more plain tile or like the others have said, mix it up between the old and the new tilesets and see how it looks

I'm really liking the Swamp! The colours work well and the extra plants give some good variety 

Thanks Paul. I'll probably revisit the florest tiles later in the game. So glad you like the Swamp! Nobody here @tioatum has seen it yet Smiley I'm happy with it and they took only 5 hours to make! Really happy with that (I time everything with toggl. Makes it easier to estimate times for future projects and features)

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »

Yeah! The public demo is almost out! Just tuning some stuff, adding some new level art and idle animations! What do you think?

We also redid the whole Greedy Guns website. It's still WIP. Missing content and stuff, but all feedback is welcomed.

Animations

no way to embed vines or youtube stuff so if you wanna check out the idle animations right now, follow the links. I might make some gifs eventually, but I need to go to my swimming class now Smiley

Kate Idle

Bob Idle

Can yoyu tell which music has this classic riff? :D

On STEAM »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic