Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:31:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStarDiver - Scifi Space Romp[PC,Mac,Linux, Consoles]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: StarDiver - Scifi Space Romp[PC,Mac,Linux, Consoles]  (Read 30971 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2015, 02:02:24 PM »

For some reason I hear the Dr. Who soundtrack when watching that. Suitably epic, methinks
friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2015, 08:48:41 AM »

So I'm working on hyperspace travel for StarDiver. I want to borrow concepts from a few places. I like the idea of hyperspace being a very mysterious place. I also like the idea of hyperspace being a difficult place to navigate and easy place to get lost in. In that regard, the Babylon5 view of what hyperspace is. Star control made good use of it for pacing of the game as it too fuel to explore the further locations via hyperspace travel.

For stardiver, the first time you enter hyperspace will be after getting the technology from another race along with coordinates for your first 'exit point' (their homeworld). Hyperspace, you will have to explore to find other exit points, or discover their locations via conversations w alien races.

So what should hyperspace look like? I've been playing with a couple ideas and not quite to where I want it yet. Current look:

I'm thinking maybe something w some particles that look more like neural networks? Any other ideas? Currently, while pretty cool/whacky looking, I think it still looks a bit too much like a nebula on shrooms.

Also, let me know if the gif of that size loads fast and well. I'm trying to find the point at which gfycat bogs and pukes. I hope not to need to host gifs somewhere else. Any good gfycat alternatives?

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

Here is my take on the neuron web idea w some wacky almost geometric warpped space:

gfycatlink:
http://gfycat.com/OpulentUnluckyGalapagosdove

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »

Kiss
friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:27 AM »

Kiss

thx. youtube finally finished uling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bnMRgzZPvs&feature=youtu.be

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »

Draft teaser trailer. Please give any feedback so we can revise and make it the best we can before GDC.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:09:25 PM by friken » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »

Ok, I'll be mean-but-constructive then Wink

The way it's cut leaves an impression it's not in-game footage half of the time, even though everything is.

The fade-in and fade-to-black are a bit too slow.

Does give me a nineties vibe in all the good ways otherwise, though.
friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2015, 05:49:28 PM »

In preperation for GDC, our new website is live:

http://www.stardiver.com

Also, our final GDC teaser trailer (also on website):

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2015, 03:01:07 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Right Good work!
friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »

StarDiver stickers for the GDC sticker swap:

And a Human battle platform:

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2015, 08:55:27 AM »

It has been a while since I posted an update. I had a period of distraction but am back at it. I've been working on upgrade paths for ships. As you explore the universe you will find crashed ships, alien tech, new research, or learn new tech through conversing.

Krex gets inflight steerable flak bullets, high energy drain engine boost that 2x thrust at a huge energy cost, and range extenders for the forward pulse weapon.

The benev upgrades include higher capacity energy so it's bolt weapons last a bit longer, and bolts themselves will get beefier and longer range w upgrade.

Close range auto-locking side zappers:

Very long range non-locking bolt weapon, uses all energy so aim well:

And I think the last two alien races are back from our artist making a total of 24 races.

Meet the mysterious Gormpa.... will they ever let you see more than their eye?

and the Upatamerae:

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »

1080p/60 of new upgraded krex and benev:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2vBu85BkUA&feature=youtu.be

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »

Looking gorgeous as always
friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »

Gifs of some of the new stuff I've been meaning to capture for a while.

1080p/60 vids of the new stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYom0jcgA7M
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUVeniVhllcd8NAxMHT4EHA

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »

Quote from: Lautaro;163219069
YESS!! Nomad Fleet has been greenlit after 20 days full of anxiety!

Congrats! I am really loving the resurgence in space game interest! I hope StarDiver gets the thumbs up when the time comes Smiley

----

I wanted to share a bit of a breakthrough on our alien artwork. Initially we made a rather big dialogue system UI so that the 'viewscreen' was only about 1/2 the screen. This was on purpose to shrink the alien art that we thought was a little too rough to be fullscreen.

We have been revisiting the art, doing some cleanup and additional detailing. I think we have it to a level we can enjoy the art full-screen without feeling like it shows too much of the rough edges.

A couple examples (note the subtitles text will be aligned and cleaned up). Click for fullscreen images:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic