Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:10:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsUnity Intermediate Link Library
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity Intermediate Link Library  (Read 3114 times)
megameta
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »

For the past two months I've been teaching myself to develop in Unity and C# using resources available on the web. Out of habit I keep a link dump in Evernote but, as my research notes grew, I was surprised to find that there aren't any commonly-available Unity resources that guide developers beyond basic concepts. Rather than have other would-be Unity devs scrape together their own research, I've decided to publish a collection of the guides that I've found most helpful.

Given that I'm still a novice and this is my first serious attempt to learn an OOP language, I'm certain that I'm missing a lot. If anyone knows of useful Unity resources that I haven't listed here, I'd be grateful if you'd share.

TLDR the quality of Unity guides is all like My Word!, but they're all over the web like WTF, so I've put them in one place and am sharing them Smiley

http://nextnumen.com/unity-learning-resources/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:37:20 AM by megameta » Logged

poe
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »

Nice! Going to recommend this page to people from now on Smiley
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:34:47 AM »

Add these maybe?
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/76346-3D-Buzz-Tutorials
megameta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »

Those third-person platformer videos are fantastic.  It's hard to find video tutorials that aren't excruciatingly dry; Buzz does a great job at avoiding that.

Some of the links in the post you've linked are dead, but I've included the platformer vids and added a general link to 3D Buzz. Let me know if you have any more.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic