Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:18:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallApproaching Infinity, a Space Adventure Roguelike, Kickstarting Now!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Approaching Infinity, a Space Adventure Roguelike, Kickstarting Now!  (Read 1512 times)
IBOL17
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »

Hi,
my name is Bob Saunders,
and I'm working on the best game I've ever made,
Approaching Infinity, a space adventure roguelike

Approaching Infinity is an immersive graphical sandbox roguelike game set in a hostile, war-torn universe. Take command of your ship and crew as you explore space, planets, shipwrecks, and other unique environments. Find, buy, and sell commodities, items, and mysterious artifacts. Defend yourself against aggressive space pirates and hungry planetary denizens. Try not to die! Complete quests for profit, or to change the very power structure of the galaxy!

I've got big plans for this game, and
It's on kickstarter right now.
Since infinity is pretty big, and I'm just one dev, the rewards are designed to get people contributing to the actual game: Name a planet, add your name to the officer's pool, create a piece of abstract art that will be found in the game like an easter egg, etc.

The game is in a fully playable alpha state right now, and you can download it here for windows.

Graphics are by David Gervais, who did the famous angband tileset, and also graphics for Space Empires 5. There is also an original soundtrack being composed by Ectogemia, who has worked with Capcom, Maddox, Ben Briggs, Overclocked Remix, etc. You can hear part of the first track over the gameplay video, but the game already looks better than this!

I've been making games for 9 years, and you can see my other work here,
though my focus is 100% on Approaching Infinity right now, and for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for looking!
Bob

IBOL17
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »

Hi,  Blink Blink
I've had this up for a few days and no one has said anything on this forum. Maybe no news is good news, but surely there must be some roguelike or space exploration fans here.

The KS is doing well, 50% in its first week, and I've just updated the video to something much more pleasing and straightforward.

The game has a playable demo, which you can find here.

This is a mock-up of the new Commodities Exchange:

IBOL17
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

Final 48 Hours. 4 stretch goals met, but the best ones are still ahead!

IBOL17
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »

It's been over a month since the successful kickstarter, and Approaching Infinity has entered the beta phase, with every major planned system represented in the game. New major systems of note are skilled officers, component crafting, variable speed, the shipyard, and a victory condition.

There is a new public DEMO available, as well as the Beta Celebration Sale on itch.io that offers ongoing beta access, a copy of the full game when complete, any associated steam or desura keys, and the ability to name planets, design quests, and all kinds of other crazy fun stuff!

Last, there will be a live stream Saturday, Feb. 1st at 10pm EST on http://twitch.tv/MightBeGiantYT

IBOL17
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »

Approaching Infinity will be released in less than 2 months!
Almost everything has been implemented now, and it's just about to enter the clean up, balance, and polish phase.

It's on Steam Greenlight right now, and seeking your vote.

Please come support this awesome space roguelike!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic