Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:50:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVagante Alpha 8 Demo
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Print
Author Topic: Vagante Alpha 8 Demo  (Read 76704 times)
Sjonsson
Level 0

Multi-hatter. Level design get's the love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:14 AM »

I really hope you make it, this game has some true potential. Especially the donkey caravan wagon! :D

Unity-chan is that ex that you'll never get over but on the same time will always regret.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »

premonster
« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »

This is awesome!

Keo, please make the first world have 3 levels, one for each boss, pleeeease!
Also this is the best Vagante youtuber:

, been watching all his videos.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

Yea I've been watching his videos, they're good also like his feedback.
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:29 PM »

congrats for greenlight !

Sjonsson
Level 0

Multi-hatter. Level design get's the love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »

OH YEAAAH!

Nice job and congratulations! :D

Unity-chan is that ex that you'll never get over but on the same time will always regret.
premonster
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »

Please, remove the flavor text from items when in multiplayer, it's hard to see what's going on.

Also, can you put "+1 VIT, +1 Cold" in a single line?

In the future, when the game gets a Wiki of it's own (or an in-game encyclopedia), it could be possible to just give names to the effects, so you can read "Poison Spike" instead of "Attackers will sometimes be poisoned".

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:31:37 PM by premonster » Logged
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »

good points premonster. I kind of want the player to just knock out the letters with their melee attack in a shower of particles

new alpha & ks update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nukenine/vagante/posts/981780
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »

Read your kickstarter update and just wanted to pop into to say I think Steam Early Access is a good idea for Vagante. I think you could do fairly well there.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »

we're definitely thinking about it. 

it's unlikely we'll raise the remaining 30,000 but a lot of good came out the campaign - it was exhausting and stressful but we learned a lot and I'm glad we went through it.  I'm looking forward to development returning to normal, before we go into closed alpha/beta.
aberrantmike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »

glad to read that you guys will be working on the game still. This is one of the best games I've played this year. My oldest son(7) is mega into Vagante(he calls it the veggie-something game though), on my days off we put in a couple of hours of play each day. He really digs the changes to the mage which has been his favorite character.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »

Smiley  that's really awesome to hear! glad your son likes it so much

just reworking some of the equipment gfx and adding new types

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »

Wow, I'm definitely surprised that you didn't hit the goal.  Glad to see you guys aren't letting it get you down and you are continuing on with development. Have you considered looking for publishing partners.  I've spoken to a couple who aren't quite so "suit-y" when it comes to their terms.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »

We've been approached by different people in terms of potential publishers, we'll let you guys know when any of that gets confirmed.  Yea I mean I'm kind of surprised we aren't going to hit our goal too : | oh well.  Bananasaurus Rex has been streaming our game the last couple days, which has been awesome - he's streaming right now http://www.twitch.tv/bananasaurus_rex
premonster
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »

Kickstarter is dead.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »

Kickstarter is dead.
Well no need to be depressing about it.

Whenever there is a kickstarter for a game I really want and I don't pledge I feel personally responsible when it fails, so I'm sorry! I wish I could pledge, but don't have the money right now.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »

Kickstarter is over, cross posting

Final Update

It’s been a wild ride, but the Kickstarter is finally over! Thanks to everyone who supported and backed us! Despite our Kickstarter failing to reach its goal, our team is super happy with everything we accomplished. Over the past month, we got Greenlit, we’ve been featured by many major news sites and streamers, and we’ve reached hundreds of new fans, ALL while continuing to release updates for our game. In our last update, we talked about the options available to us if the Kickstarter fails. After much deliberation, we’ve decided not to relaunch our Kickstarter.

Why?

We’ve learned a ton about managing a Kickstarter, and looking back we see we weren’t prepared for the amount of work needed to launch a successful campaign. Although we’re fairly confident we could successfully relaunch and fund our Kickstarter now, we want to dedicate our time to working on our game, rather than managing a campaign. Due to the publicity of this first Kickstarter, we’ll instead be able to fund our continued development through other avenues.

What's next?

In a month or two we’ll be launching a closed alpha/beta program which will be available on Steam Early Access as well as through our website. This program will provide access to all future development builds, as well as a copy of the final game when it’s released. We hope our supporters will continue to provide feedback and help us develop Vagante, we wouldn’t have a game without you. We’re already well under way working on some exciting new content, there’s lots to look forward to in Vagante!

@thomas no need to feel bad!  good luck with your kickstarter launch (when you launch)!
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »

Glad to hear you can find alternate funding and can't wait to see where the game goes! Also thanks! Smiley

aberrantmike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2014, 04:05:26 PM »

nice, normally I don't go for early access releases but I'm all over this one when it comes out on Steam.
kruxus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2014, 06:00:47 AM »

I think early access will fit this game perfectly. You have my monies.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic