Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:20:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHearthstone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 9233 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »

i just read they announced it for phones too, not just tablets. great, because i don't have a tablet and playing a game of hearthstone on a bus ride sounds like a pretty awesome prospect to me.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »

Blizzard in control of game balance .. Facepalm
ikr

lol @ the latest mage "nerfs"

olücæbelel
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »

btw i hate how you have to level up a class to unlock all the basic cards because some classes (paladin) are seriously garbage until you've unlocked some of their better cards.

why does this game have to be such a dum f2p grindfest
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:17:12 PM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 03:35:09 AM »

I don't mind to grind cards for one class but I'd never want to unlock more than one or two. And I suppose that without all the good cards it futile to get into online-play. Then again, I haven't played in online yet.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »

there's mmr though, and you get more xp by playing online even when losing. once you get a feel for the mechanics, you should hop online. it's fun.

there are still a bunch of cards that can only be unlocked through expert packs by earning gold (grinding), crafting (grinding), grinding, or buying them.
antoniodamala
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

Hearthstone could at least have some more games modes besides the arena.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »

there's mmr though, and you get more xp by playing online even when losing. once you get a feel for the mechanics, you should hop online. it's fun.
i uh... only play online though?

i know that you get xp for losing, thats not the point. the point is that i want to use my mage deck in one game, my paladin deck the next, my shaman deck the next etc. etc. but i can't really do that because the game pointlessly tries to make me "specialize" by wasting my time.

i understand grinding or paying for booster packs (i grew up during the late 90s CCG boom so that stuff is in my blood to a certain extent), but the levelup mechanic is just an unrewarding time sink imo.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:32:16 PM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »

i uh... only play online though?

that's awesome bro

i was responding to tumetsu lol

I don't mind to grind cards for one class but I'd never want to unlock more than one or two. And I suppose that without all the good cards it futile to get into online-play. Then again, I haven't played in online yet.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

@the edited in part
yeah leveling is super dumb. you don't need to do it past level 10 as far as i know. after that is just gold/foil versions of basic cards. the rest of the actual new cards are in the boosters
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »

oops i thought you were responding to me, my bad.  Tongue
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »

Got finally into online and played few casual matches. What is the difference between it and ranked?

For the leveling up, yeah it sucks. It would be interesting to try out different classes but for now I'm "stuck" with Priest until I get bored of it.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »

This hit open beta, so anyone who wants to try can now.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Conker534
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »

If anyone wants to duel me:

Conker534#1490
MrBones
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »

Druid rush OP valve please nerf
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »

so ya, i had pretty much the same experience with this as antoniodamala: i played it a ton for like a week then just completely stopped. i think i was just getting increasingly annoyed with the f2p treadmill. the problems with it become more apparent the more you play.
Conker534
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »

so ya, i had pretty much the same experience with this as antoniodamala: i played it a ton for like a week then just completely stopped. i think i was just getting increasingly annoyed with the f2p treadmill. the problems with it become more apparent the more you play.

I don't mind at all to get on every day and do (or at least start) a daily quest, but it is a bit of a grind.

It is a card game though, and I've got to say its a lot cheaper than MTG or Yu-Gi-Oh or something, but MTG kicks the crap out of this game (in my opinion).

Still a fun alternative for a poor college student.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »

I saw a stream about a week ago where some viewers donated a ton of money and the opened like 350 packs in one sitting. Was too hype.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »

Well, I played it a bunch this weekend, but I think I've hit the end.  All in all, it's probably the best free to play CCG that I've encountered, and Magic would do well to emulate a bunch of the lessons (the drop in/drop out style of arena, the user interface), but it's just too simple at the end of the day.  Even worse, everything kind of blends together into one beigey mess.  One of Magic's greatest ideas is the color pie, but with the huge selection of All Classes minions and the fact that all classes have access to pretty much the same tools (all have removal that functions in pretty much exactly the same way, etc.).  Combined with the fact that figuring out your mana base is a solved problem (and because it is constant, all decks require pretty much the same curve [barring Druid shenanigans]), it feels like they polished away all the rough edges, even the interesting ones.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »

I just play with friends and the ocasional casual match, and i keep losing and shit, so it remains fun for me. I cant afford to play that many matches anyway.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 12:03:23 AM »

btw Alevice#1898

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic